    207 Valley Road
    Chestertown, MD 21620
    410-778-5166

    Glenn Dulmage, Jan 13, 2006

  2. "Glenn Dulmage" <> wrote in message
    news:pDTxf.151$US3.63@trnddc04...
    >I know that this is probably not the group ( looked, honest!) for this
    >post.
    >
    > I would like to buy a digital projector for home and small classroom
    > projection to show my digital photos (mostly Canon Digital Rebel 6.3 MP).
    >
    > I'm looking at an InFocus ScreenPlay 5000 for about $925.

    InFocus has slipped in customer satisfaction (as reported to me by a dealer
    .... I also happen to be his friend and respect his opinion).

    Charles Schuler, Jan 13, 2006

  3. Glenn Dulmage

    wilt Guest

    Before you buy, try it out to evaluate the ability to project different
    colors with a reasonable amount of accuracy. I have seen projectors
    that make rainbows appear quite unusual! Medical images requiring some
    color coding can even fail to show the color, depending upon the tone
    and intensity.

    wilt, Jan 14, 2006
  4. How about the Epson PowerLite 76c?

    Glenn T. Dulmage
    207 Valley Road
    Chestertown, MD 21620
    410-778-5166

    Glenn Dulmage, Jan 14, 2006
  5. Glenn Dulmage

    Mike Mc. Guest

    This should help... A LOT

    http://www.projectorcentral.com/

    Mike MC.

    --

    " If you can keep your head about you while all others
    are losing theirs, and blaming you, the world, and everything in it, is yours..."

    Kipling

    Glenn Dulmage, Jan 14, 2006
  7. Glenn Dulmage

    Mark² Guest

    Glenn Dulmage wrote:
    > How about the Epson PowerLite 76c?

    In my experience, Epsons tend to exhibit VERY distinctly separated pixels,
    likely due to large "wiring" on the optical surface (which is present in all
    but DLP projectors).

    If it were up to me, I'd say look for a projector with at least 2000 lumens,
    since without it, nearly anything other than a near-completely-dark room
    will render light, washed-out images.

    You're not likely to find one for that price though...

    I've been very happy with the rendition from my 5 year old NEC, but it's
    only 1200 lumens and needs a dark room. When it's dark, though, the images
    are quite lovely.

    Mark², Jan 14, 2006
  8. Glenn Dulmage

    Mark² Guest

    Thanks to all who replied. I looked at about ten projectors and=, in the
    end,. chose the Epson PowerLite 76c. Shopped around and got a pretty good
    price.

    Wow.
    I just looked up the 76c, and am surprised to see 2000 lumens at that price.
    :)
    -Guess I'm behind the times...

    How is the rendition with regard to too-separate-looking pixels?
    I hope better than my Epson memories...

    Mark², Jan 14, 2006
  9. On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 13:37:14 -0500, "Mike Mc." <>
    wrote:

    >This should help... A LOT
    >
    >http://www.projectorcentral.com/
    >
    >Mike MC.

    Thanks for the 2.2k of HTML attached to your post.

    Go read this and set up you newsreader correctly.

    http://www.uwasa.fi/~ts/http/nobin.html

    "I believe that all government is evil,
    in that all government must necessarily make war upon liberty...

    From "Mencken's Creed"
    H.L. Mencken (1880 -1956)

    John A. Stovall, Jan 15, 2006
  10. I'll Let you know when I get it.

    Glenn

    Glenn Dulmage, Jan 15, 2006
  11. I got it last night and was really surprised at the quality of the image.

    The setup was a breeze. I connected the two cables (one from the laptop to
    the projector and the other a USB cable from LT to projector (for the
    remote)) and turned on the projector first and then the LT. Beautiful
    picture came right up on the screen - no pixilation or blurring, even at 30
    feet (the farthest I could get away from the screen in my house). In the
    spring I plan to try it outside on the white wall in the back of my house at
    even greater distances and see how it works. I have not tried it yet with a
    DVD player (will do that tonight).

    Glenn

    Glenn Dulmage, Jan 19, 2006