    Walgreens the photos are printed on the spot, so I wouldn't even have to wait
    an hour. They're also printed on glossy paper rather than the "pebbled" look.
    Are the Walgreens prints as good as Wal-Mart?

    Ksu93dlv, Dec 14, 2003

  2. Ksu93dlv

    Guest

    Ksu93dlv <> wrote:
    > I typically get my digital photos printed at Wal-Mart, but the Walgreens down
    > the street now has a similar setup. The only major difference is that at
    > Walgreens the photos are printed on the spot, so I wouldn't even have to wait
    > an hour. They're also printed on glossy paper rather than the "pebbled" look.
    > Are the Walgreens prints as good as Wal-Mart?

    Try for yourself and decide which you like better.

    , Dec 15, 2003

  3. Ksu93dlv

    stacey Guest

    Ksu93dlv wrote:

    > I typically get my digital photos printed at Wal-Mart, but the Walgreens
    > down the street now has a similar setup. The only major difference is that
    > at Walgreens the photos are printed on the spot, so I wouldn't even have
    > to wait an hour. They're also printed on glossy paper rather than the
    > "pebbled" look. Are the Walgreens prints as good as Wal-Mart?

    Personally I like glossy prints better, try them and see if you like them
    better yourself!
    --

    Stacey

    stacey, Dec 15, 2003
  4. Ksu93dlv

    Don Coon Guest

    <> wrote in message news:brj47b$t46$...
    > Ksu93dlv <> wrote:
    > > I typically get my digital photos printed at Wal-Mart, but the Walgreens

    down
    > > the street now has a similar setup. The only major difference is that at
    > > Walgreens the photos are printed on the spot, so I wouldn't even have to

    wait
    > > an hour. They're also printed on glossy paper rather than the "pebbled"

    look.
    > > Are the Walgreens prints as good as Wal-Mart?

    > Try for yourself and decide which you like better.

    Tried it and didn't like it. Looks like a dye-sub printer unlike the Fuji
    photo system. I refused half the prints. I think the system does some image
    adjustments which Wal-Mart's Fuji system doesn't.

    Don Coon, Dec 15, 2003
  5. Ksu93dlv

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Ksu93dlv wrote:
    > I typically get my digital photos printed at Wal-Mart, but the Walgreens down
    > the street now has a similar setup. The only major difference is that at
    > Walgreens the photos are printed on the spot, so I wouldn't even have to wait
    > an hour. They're also printed on glossy paper rather than the "pebbled" look.
    > Are the Walgreens prints as good as Wal-Mart?

    Don't know, but at $.39 a shot I would rather get mine at Sam's for $.18.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 15, 2003
  6. Ksu93dlv

    Paul H. Guest

    <> wrote in message news:brj47b$t46$...
    > Ksu93dlv <> wrote:
    > > I typically get my digital photos printed at Wal-Mart, but the Walgreens

    down
    > > the street now has a similar setup. The only major difference is that at
    > > Walgreens the photos are printed on the spot, so I wouldn't even have to

    wait
    > > an hour. They're also printed on glossy paper rather than the "pebbled"

    look.
    > > Are the Walgreens prints as good as Wal-Mart?

    > Try for yourself and decide which you like better.

    Try...it...myself...and...decide... MY GOD! WHAT AN INCREDIBLE IDEA!!!!

    Why didn't anyone think of this before??!!!! Think of the THOUSANDS of
    useless posts this simple technique would have prevented!

    Thanks a million, Stan--you are indeed the Man!

    Paul H., Dec 15, 2003
  7. Ksu93dlv

    Scroobie Guest

    On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 05:45:51 -0600, Ron Hunter <>
    wrote:

    >Ksu93dlv wrote:
    >> I typically get my digital photos printed at Wal-Mart, but the Walgreens down
    >> the street now has a similar setup. The only major difference is that at
    >> Walgreens the photos are printed on the spot, so I wouldn't even have to wait
    >> an hour. They're also printed on glossy paper rather than the "pebbled" look.
    >> Are the Walgreens prints as good as Wal-Mart?

    >Don't know, but at $.39 a shot I would rather get mine at Sam's for $.18.

    Although I was at first enthusiastic about the 18 cent prints at Sam's
    and Costco, I've cooled off considerably and now do these at home,
    even though it costs about the same or even a little more. There's
    simply too much variation in processing--maybe it's leeched-out
    chemicals, maybe it's sloppy operation, I don't know--but at least at
    home I've got a good handle on how the prints will come out. I was
    disappointed with most batches of prints from these Frontier machines,
    even though I attached profiles that were specific to the printers
    used and gave instructions to not adjust. They were good at first,
    however.

    Scroobie, Dec 17, 2003
  8. Ksu93dlv

    zbzbzb Guest

    >Although I was at first enthusiastic about the 18 cent prints at Sam's
    >and Costco, I've cooled off considerably and now do these at home,
    >even though it costs about the same or even a little more. There's
    >simply too much variation in processing--maybe it's leeched-out
    >chemicals, maybe it's sloppy operation, I don't know--but at least at
    >home I've got a good handle on how the prints will come out. I was
    >disappointed with most batches of prints from these Frontier machines,
    >even though I attached profiles that were specific to the printers
    >used and gave instructions to not adjust. They were good at first,
    >however.

    My Costco prints are always the way I see them on my screen, picture after
    picture. And the one near me uses a Noritsu machine, not a Frontier. Color
    space is the default sRGB used in Paint Shop Pro 8.

    zbzbzb, Dec 17, 2003
  9. On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 02:11:06 GMT, Scroobie <> wrote:

    >Although I was at first enthusiastic about the 18 cent prints at Sam's
    >and Costco, I've cooled off considerably and now do these at home,

    I used Wal-Mart for the first time yesterday to get some quick, matte-finished
    photographs. They charged $0.24 per photo yesterday. It is normally $0.26.

    I did not do any touch-up before having the images printed. They all came out
    very well. No pictures were cut off. I was highly impressed with the outcome.

    I want to try Walgreens as well to find out how the same images look. I believe
    Walgreens uses glossy finish with their Kodak process.

    -----
    Kerry Sanders
    http://photos.pshack.com/

    Kerry Sanders, Dec 19, 2003