    interested in purchasing the canon i9100 to print the pictures.I'm
    wondering in printing in larger formats like 13x 19 if the quality
    will fade. To print that size do I need a 6+ megapixle camera?
    planetpeso, Oct 30, 2003

  2. planetpeso

    Jankins Guest

    It will print just fine @ 13 x 19. . .

    Dan

    Jankins, Oct 30, 2003

  3. "planetpeso" <> wrote in message
    > I have a dsc-p10 that states it can take pictures at 5 megapixles. I'm
    > interested in purchasing the canon i9100 to print the pictures.I'm
    > wondering in printing in larger formats like 13x 19 if the quality
    > will fade. To print that size do I need a 6+ megapixle camera?

    Last question- No.

    A P10 prints at 2592x1944, which would overspill a borderless 13x19 if
    printed at 136ish ppi. An 8mp camera would manage 171ppi, a 6mp 161ppi.
    Obviously these will make for better prints than a 5mp, but a 13x19 requires
    a greater a viewing distance than smaller sizes. IOW, as long as your
    expectations aren't too high then go for it.

    --
    - Martin Francis
    Elliott Smith. August 6, 1969 - October 21, 2003
    Martin Francis, Oct 30, 2003
  4. planetpeso

    mark herring Guest

    > I have a dsc-p10 that states it can take pictures at 5 megapixles. I'm
    > interested in purchasing the canon i9100 to print the pictures.I'm
    > wondering in printing in larger formats like 13x 19 if the quality
    > will fade. To print that size do I need a 6+ megapixle camera?

    My standard (for small prints) is 250 ppi. Thus 13x19 needs 3250 x 4750
    pixels, or something over 12 Mpixel.
    BUT--for larger prints, lower ppi may be OK because you view the print
    farther away.

    Depending on scene contrast and overall image quality, print as low as
    150ppi may be fine. Since you have the camera already, try it and see

    -Mark
    mark herring, Nov 6, 2003