    Digital picture frames are apparently flying off the store shelves. Does
    anyone in the group have experience with these? What make/models have you
    tried and really liked? Thanks, ~Ray

    Ray Paseur, Dec 21, 2007

  2. Ray Paseur

    Guest

    On Dec 21, 9:25 am, Ray Paseur <>
    wrote:
    > Digital picture frames are apparently flying off the store shelves.  Does
    > anyone in the group have experience with these?  What make/models have you
    > tried and really liked?  Thanks, ~Ray

    ummm... I have seen these in the camera stores here... very nice
    looking
    picture display, and the ones Ive seen have slideshow feature. My
    only
    problem with these is price... the small one - 5x7 - was more than
    $80...
    the larger sizes not too much more, but still way over $100... so...
    another
    nice item if you have some money.

    , Dec 21, 2007

  3. yea, i agree on the pricing....wayyyy to high...i will wait a year or
    so and get one when the prices fall 50% or more...

    ~^ beancounter ~^, Dec 22, 2007
  4. Ray Paseur

    ransley Guest

    On Dec 22, 10:39 am, "~^ beancounter ~^" <>
    wrote:
    > yea, i agree on the pricing....wayyyy  to high...i will wait a year or
    > so and get one when the prices fall 50% or more...
    >
    > On Dec 21, 7:46 am, wrote:
    >

    > > On Dec 21, 9:25 am, Ray Paseur <>
    > > wrote:

    > > > Digital picture frames are apparently flying off the store shelves.  Does
    > > > anyone in the group have experience with these?  What make/models have you
    > > > tried and really liked?  Thanks, ~Ray

    > > ummm... I have seen these in the camera stores here... very nice
    > > looking
    > > picture display, and the ones Ive seen have slideshow feature.  My
    > > only
    > > problem with these is price... the small one - 5x7 - was more than
    > > $80...
    > > the larger sizes not too much more, but still way over $100... so...
    > > another
    > > nice item if you have some money.- Hide quoted text -

    Consumer reports rated them recently, the big name brands are not the
    best it seems,

    ransley, Dec 22, 2007
  5. Ray Paseur

    ransley Guest

    On Dec 22, 11:34 am, ransley <> wrote:
    > On Dec 22, 10:39 am, "~^ beancounter ~^" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > > yea, i agree on the pricing....wayyyy  to high...i will wait a year or
    > > so and get one when the prices fall 50% or more...

    > > On Dec 21, 7:46 am, wrote:

    > > > ummm... I have seen these in the camera stores here... very nice
    > > > looking
    > > > picture display, and the ones Ive seen have slideshow feature.  My
    > > > only
    > > > problem with these is price... the small one - 5x7 - was more than
    > > > $80...
    > > > the larger sizes not too much more, but still way over $100... so...
    > > > another
    > > > nice item if you have some money.- Hide quoted text -

    > Consumer reports rated them recently, the big name brands are not the
    > best it seems,- Hide quoted text -

    Here are consumer reports ratings from best to worst. Smartparts spx8.
    Parrot. Phillips. Ceiva. Westinghouse. Pandigital. Kodak. Mustek.
    Audiovox. Digitalspectrum and Polaroid

    ransley, Dec 22, 2007
  6. Ray Paseur

    Mr. Strat Guest

    In article
    <>,
    ransley <> wrote:

    > Consumer reports rated them recently, the big name brands are not the
    > best it seems,

    And Consumer Reports is the world's foremost authority...

    Mr. Strat, Dec 22, 2007
  7. Ray Paseur

    Ron Hunter Guest

    ~^ beancounter ~^ wrote:
    > yea, i agree on the pricing....wayyyy to high...i will wait a year or
    > so and get one when the prices fall 50% or more...
    >
    > On Dec 21, 7:46 am, wrote:

    I saw a 15 inch one yesterday for $300. That is quite large, and the
    resolution was 1024x768. Essentially, this was a laptop computer
    display in the digital frame. I agree that the cost is WAY too high as
    one can purchase a whole laptop computer for only $450. I expect the
    price to fall by this time next year. Then I might get a better frame
    than the one I got for Christmas last year, which continues to perform
    well, even if the programmer of it was a total idiot, and the user
    interface was designed by a sadist.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 23, 2007