    learn how to get the most out of my EOS 300D.

    Does anyone know of any courses running that would be suitable?

    Cheers

    Gary Johnson, Mar 21, 2005

  2. Gary Johnson

    erics Guest

    "Gary Johnson" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi
    >
    > I live in SW London, UK and am looking for a digital photography
    > course. I would call myself just-above beginner and would like to
    > learn how to get the most out of my EOS 300D.
    >
    > Does anyone know of any courses running that would be suitable?
    >
    > Cheers

    I am also looking at a course, but one that is an evening class type thing
    so I can fit it around work.

    I have found a distance learning course that is run reasonably locally, but
    that does not start until the start of the new academic year. If that sort
    of thing is of interest I'll dig out the details when I get home.

    erics, Mar 21, 2005

  3. Gary Johnson

    Fitpix Guest

    > Hi
    >
    > I live in SW London, UK and am looking for a digital photography
    > course. I would call myself just-above beginner and would like to
    > learn how to get the most out of my EOS 300D.
    >
    > Does anyone know of any courses running that would be suitable?
    >
    > Cheers

    Hey Gary,
    May I suggest also looking for a basic photography course? Even though the
    300D is digital, it behaves and follows the same rules as a film camera.
    Yes, there will be subtle differences in how a film pic may look compared to
    a digital shot, but a nice sunny field is 1/125th @ f16 on ISO film AND ISO
    digi. I would concentrate on learning photography first. Digitally
    manipulationg a good photo will yield more pleasing results than trying to
    pass off a bad photo as art by digitally adding random effects.

    I am a huge believer in John Shaw's nature photography books. He taught me
    everything I know (minus studio lighting). www.johnshawphoto.com

    be safe
    David
    www.delawarestudio.com
    www.pbase.com/fitpix

    Fitpix, Mar 21, 2005
  4. Gary Johnson

    Fitpix Guest

    > a digital shot, but a nice sunny field is 1/125th @ f16 on ISO film AND
    > ISO
    > digi.

    Should have read ISO 100 film and digi...sorry!

    Fitpix, Mar 21, 2005
  5. Gary Johnson

    Arthur Small Guest

    Arthur Small, Mar 21, 2005
  6. Gary Johnson

    Jim Guest

    > Hi
    >
    > I live in SW London, UK and am looking for a digital photography
    > course. I would call myself just-above beginner and would like to
    > learn how to get the most out of my EOS 300D.

    Any beginning photography course would be applicable because new technology
    is no substitute for good technique. It is good technique that you need to
    learn.
    Jim

    Jim, Mar 21, 2005
  7. Gary Johnson

    Piemanlager Guest

    > Hi
    >
    > I live in SW London, UK and am looking for a digital photography
    > course. I would call myself just-above beginner and would like to
    > learn how to get the most out of my EOS 300D.
    >
    > Does anyone know of any courses running that would be suitable?

    No, sorry!

    However, you may find something of use at a local camera club? Yes, some of
    the members will seem like arseholes (been there, met them!) and have no
    interest in you, but some may be helpful, worth a try.
    Other than that, as taking photographs and instantly viewing the results is
    costing you nothing, there is no real substitute for practice. Some of the
    photography magazines have very good learner articles (try Digital Photo in
    the UK.)
    You don't state what type of photography you wish to try but there are
    plenty of subjects near you to practice on in the home or probably just
    outside your door, depending on what your goals are?

    Piemanlager, Mar 22, 2005
  8. Gary Johnson

    Stewy Guest

    In article <423f03dd$0$2772$>,
    "erics" <> wrote:

    > "Gary Johnson" <> wrote in message
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > I live in SW London, UK and am looking for a digital photography
    > > course. I would call myself just-above beginner and would like to
    > > learn how to get the most out of my EOS 300D.
    > >
    > > Does anyone know of any courses running that would be suitable?
    > >
    > > Cheers

    > I am also looking at a course, but one that is an evening class type thing
    > so I can fit it around work.
    >
    > I have found a distance learning course that is run reasonably locally, but
    > that does not start until the start of the new academic year. If that sort
    > of thing is of interest I'll dig out the details when I get home.

    Have you tried subscribing to some of the excellent Photo magazines
    available in the UK? Many have readers who send their photos in for
    appraisal/criticism. They also give advice in improving pictures via
    Photoshop and PSP. Try the Adobe Focus guides and Digital Photo.

    I joined a photography evening class years ago simply to get access to
    expensive equipment/darkrooms etc, however these days with photo
    manipulation available to all at home it seems of limited appeal.

    Stewy, Mar 23, 2005