    photos on removable media. Works with every type of digital card reader
    appearing as a drive letter in your local PC
    http://www.photosrecovery.com/

    johnpic, Dec 8, 2004

  2. "johnpic" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Digital photo recovery software to recover your lost photos, files, and
    > data, from all media types.
    >
    > Digital Photo Recovery will recover lost, deleted and formatted digital
    > photos on removable media. Works with every type of digital card reader
    > appearing as a drive letter in your local PC

    I didn't realise there is need to buy such software. A couple of weeks ago I
    bought a Sandisk card and a card reader. Both of them came bundled with
    similar recovery programs. I tried them both after deleting files and
    formatting and they seemed to work fine. I suppose they are also available
    free of charge.

    For anyone in need of such a program I suggest searching around the net for
    free programs before spending money on this "offer".

    --
    Jan Otto

    Jan Otto Ruud, Dec 8, 2004

  3. Jan Otto Ruud wrote:
    > "johnpic" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Digital photo recovery software to recover your lost photos, files, and
    >>data, from all media types.
    >>
    >>Digital Photo Recovery will recover lost, deleted and formatted digital
    >>photos on removable media. Works with every type of digital card reader
    >>appearing as a drive letter in your local PC

    > I didn't realise there is need to buy such software. A couple of weeks ago I
    > bought a Sandisk card and a card reader. Both of them came bundled with
    > similar recovery programs. I tried them both after deleting files and
    > formatting and they seemed to work fine. I suppose they are also available
    > free of charge.
    >
    > For anyone in need of such a program I suggest searching around the net for
    > free programs before spending money on this "offer".

    The site says they have a free trial period- but don't know if it's in
    any way crippled or not.

    IAE, it'd be nice of johnpic waited a day or two for someone (could be a
    sockpuppet) to post a problem about lost images, then he could helpfully
    reply.....

    --
    John McWilliams

    John McWilliams, Dec 8, 2004
  4. johnpic

    Annika1980 Guest

    >> I didn't realise there is need to buy such software. A couple of weeks ago
    >> bought a Sandisk card and a card reader. Both of them came bundled with
    >> similar recovery programs. I tried them both after deleting files and
    >> formatting and they seemed to work fine. I suppose they are also available
    >> free of charge.

    I tried using Sandisk's Rescue Pro software to salvage some missing files on my
    Sandisk card. I figured since the software came with the card it would work.
    Wrong.
    I managed to recover them with this freeware program:
    http://www.z-a-recovery.com/digital_image_recovery.htm

    That one gets Annika's "A" rating!

    It satisifed my two main requirements.

    1. It's free.
    2. It works.

    -Annika1980 -----> loves free stuff

    Annika1980, Dec 8, 2004
  5. johnpic

    Guest

    I tried this program Z-A recovery and it seemed to be working right,
    but the images it recovered had grey areas on them or in some cases
    seemed to be a combination of more then on image. I have sent an email
    to them to see if they have any clues as to why this happened.

    Joe

    , Dec 21, 2004
  6. johnpic

    Martin Brown Guest

    wrote:

    > I tried this program Z-A recovery and it seemed to be working right,
    > but the images it recovered had grey areas on them or in some cases
    > seemed to be a combination of more then on image. I have sent an email
    > to them to see if they have any clues as to why this happened.
    >
    > Joe

    Essentially the images have been scrambled on your disk and the software
    has no way to figure out which pieces go exactly where. Although such
    damage can sometimes be repaired on irreplaceable or valuable commercial
    images it is simply not cost effective for personal images.

    Whenever the JPEG data is hopelessly wrong the codec substitutes
    something mostly harmless often resulting in a grey patch. You can also
    get extreme colour casts, psychadelic colours, pastel shades, abrupt
    image shifts or software crashes depending on the exact nature of the
    corruption.

    Regards,
    Martin Brown

    Martin Brown, Dec 22, 2004