    Best regards,
    Vladimir Veytsel.
    http://www.davar.net
    Vladimir Veytsel, Nov 5, 2003

  2. Vladimir Veytsel

    Guest

    I use PicL.

    http://sourceforge.net/projects/picl/

    PicL (pronounced pickle) stands for Picture Labeler. PicL is a Java
    application that names image files. Its main focus is to provide an easy
    way to name image files produced by digital cameras using Exif information.

    Easy GUI, does the job perfectly, free, runs on any platform,
    no abundance of features that you don't need

    Best regards,
    Ronny

    ps. I use %y%m%d-%HH%MM%SS.jpg => 20031105-233514.jpg
    Slightly longer names (i don't see 8.3 file format as an issue
    anymore today). Allowa my archive grow beyond one year, assures
    unique filenames, at least for the picture i taake.
    I never update a picture, i make a copy and save it as
    %y%m%d-%HH%MM%SSa.jpg

    Vladimir Veytsel wrote:
    > Please find at the link below the program for renaming digital photo
    > image files using date and time recorded by camera with the image.
    >
    > http://www.davar.net/MISCL/DOWNLOAD/RENPHOT.HTM
    >
    > Formal and easily achieved image file name consistency simplifies
    > organization and maintenance of large picture archives.

    , Nov 5, 2003

  3. Vladimir Veytsel

    Guest

    lid wrote:

    > I use %y%m%d-%HH%MM%SS.jpg => 20031105-233514.jpg

    Maybe if the base 10 logarithm of the number of your images in your
    collection was about 2 or 3. Do you enjoy thousands of files in one
    directory?

    %y/%m/%d/%HH%MM%SS.jpg

    is much more managable.
    , Nov 6, 2003
  4. wrote:

    > lid wrote:
    >

    >>I use %y%m%d-%HH%MM%SS.jpg => 20031105-233514.jpg

    > Maybe if the base 10 logarithm of the number of your images in your
    > collection was about 2 or 3. Do you enjoy thousands of files in one
    > directory?

    No i don't. I also store them per day in my archive %y/%m/%d/
    The point is that i also create directories/CDs/websites and the likes
    with galleries containing pictures from different dates.
    My formatting always allows me to find the original pictures back,
    create annotations, edit a new version of the picture, etc...

    Ronny De Winter, Nov 6, 2003