    option along with a "daily" photo cycle?
    Thanks for any input,
    Joe B.

    Joe B., Dec 17, 2007

  2. Joe B.

    jean Guest

    "Joe B." <> a écrit dans le message de news:
    Xns9A08C908F3C58JoeB327comcastnet@216.196.97.136...
    >I am interested in purchasing a digital photo frame. I've been looking for
    > the past few months but information details about the frames isn't always
    > specific. I would like a 10.4" size with a 4:3 ratio. Most important I
    > would like it to have a calendar (timer) to power on/off the frame as I
    > program it and the ability to change photos slowly, say once per day as
    > opposed to a slide show. Pandigital has the calendar feature, but from
    > what
    > I have read, the "slide show" option cycles through the photos rather
    > quickly. Does anyone know of or own a frame that offers both the calendar
    > option along with a "daily" photo cycle?
    > Thanks for any input,
    > Joe B.

    While looking for mine, I saw some that had wi-fi connectivity and I was
    thinking that if you could have a directory with a single picture on your PC
    and some ways to change it once a day then it would be what you want.

    Jean

    jean, Dec 17, 2007

  3. Joe B.

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Joe B. wrote:
    > I am interested in purchasing a digital photo frame. I've been looking for
    > the past few months but information details about the frames isn't always
    > specific. I would like a 10.4" size with a 4:3 ratio. Most important I
    > would like it to have a calendar (timer) to power on/off the frame as I
    > program it and the ability to change photos slowly, say once per day as
    > opposed to a slide show. Pandigital has the calendar feature, but from what
    > I have read, the "slide show" option cycles through the photos rather
    > quickly. Does anyone know of or own a frame that offers both the calendar
    > option along with a "daily" photo cycle?
    > Thanks for any input,
    > Joe B.

    I can't imagine just doing one picture each day. I have over 400
    pictures in my digital frame. One picture a day is just a very slow
    slideshow, but I doubt many will accept a 1440 value for the 'seconds to
    display' parameter.
    Unfortunately, the adverts don't tell much about such things. One is
    very lucky if they even mention resolution.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 17, 2007
  4. "Joe B." <> wrote:

    >I am interested in purchasing a digital photo frame. I've been looking for
    >the past few months but information details about the frames isn't always
    >specific. I would like a 10.4" size with a 4:3 ratio. Most important I
    >would like it to have a calendar (timer) to power on/off the frame as I
    >program it and the ability to change photos slowly, say once per day as
    >opposed to a slide show. Pandigital has the calendar feature, but from what
    >I have read, the "slide show" option cycles through the photos rather
    >quickly. Does anyone know of or own a frame that offers both the calendar
    >option along with a "daily" photo cycle?
    >Thanks for any input,
    >Joe B.

    You could just stop/pause with the specific photo you want showing.
    And change it daily, with a couple of click on the remote. Now, if
    it's randomness you want (as I do, albeit on a much shorter repetition
    setting), then that's another matter, as you see below...

    ---------

    I bought a 10.4" Krystal model a few days ago. Although overall I'm
    not sorry about the purchase there are a few disappointing flaws:

    1) No random facility. My main gripe. So you have to watch your
    hundreds or thousands of photos from the same start every session.
    Incredible design mistake IMO. I'd have thought it would have been
    easy to implement a random option. The only tedious work-around I can
    think of is to remove the SD card regularly and randomise the images
    on your PC. How often am I going to do that in practice?!

    2) Very narrow viewing angle. With the unit self-standing on a lounge
    corner unit (conventional photos duly removed to make room), the
    display was very dark from our settee. Raised a few degrees it's much
    better, but ideally you need to view full-on from the front. If you
    wall-mount it (when hiding its cable could become a greater issue)
    then it would be even more restrictive.

    3) With a slideshow running, and no music, I get a faint, irregular
    hissing/whistling sound. Easily fixed with the Mute button - but you
    then need to remember to toggle that later for MP3s or MPEGs with
    soundtracks.

    4) I'd have preferred the cards to be at right angles to the back
    surface, where they would be hidden from view. The SD card is OK, but
    a flash memory stick protrudes well out from the edge, spoiling the
    otherwise smart appearance.

    --
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

    Terry Pinnell, Dec 17, 2007
  5. Joe B.

    Joe B. Guest

    Terry Pinnell <> wrote in

    > "Joe B." <> wrote:
    >
    >>I am interested in purchasing a digital photo frame. I've been looking
    >>for the past few months but information details about the frames isn't
    >>always specific. I would like a 10.4" size with a 4:3 ratio. Most
    >>important I would like it to have a calendar (timer) to power on/off
    >>the frame as I program it and the ability to change photos slowly, say
    >>once per day as opposed to a slide show. Pandigital has the calendar
    >>feature, but from what I have read, the "slide show" option cycles
    >>through the photos rather quickly. Does anyone know of or own a frame
    >>that offers both the calendar option along with a "daily" photo cycle?
    >>Thanks for any input,
    >>Joe B.

    > You could just stop/pause with the specific photo you want showing.
    > And change it daily, with a couple of click on the remote. Now, if
    > it's randomness you want (as I do, albeit on a much shorter repetition
    > setting), then that's another matter, as you see below...
    >
    > ---------
    >
    > I bought a 10.4" Krystal model a few days ago. Although overall I'm
    > not sorry about the purchase there are a few disappointing flaws:
    >
    > 1) No random facility. My main gripe. So you have to watch your
    > hundreds or thousands of photos from the same start every session.
    > Incredible design mistake IMO. I'd have thought it would have been
    > easy to implement a random option. The only tedious work-around I can
    > think of is to remove the SD card regularly and randomise the images
    > on your PC. How often am I going to do that in practice?!
    >
    > 2) Very narrow viewing angle. With the unit self-standing on a lounge
    > corner unit (conventional photos duly removed to make room), the
    > display was very dark from our settee. Raised a few degrees it's much
    > better, but ideally you need to view full-on from the front. If you
    > wall-mount it (when hiding its cable could become a greater issue)
    > then it would be even more restrictive.
    >
    > 3) With a slideshow running, and no music, I get a faint, irregular
    > hissing/whistling sound. Easily fixed with the Mute button - but you
    > then need to remember to toggle that later for MP3s or MPEGs with
    > soundtracks.
    >
    > 4) I'd have preferred the cards to be at right angles to the back
    > surface, where they would be hidden from view. The SD card is OK, but
    > a flash memory stick protrudes well out from the edge, spoiling the
    > otherwise smart appearance.

    Thanks for all the input folks. Seems like the frames are still a "work
    in progress". I think I may wait a while longer for the next generation
    of frames to come out, hopefully with more of the features I am
    interested in.

    Joe B.

    Joe B., Dec 18, 2007
  6. Joe B.

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Joe B. wrote:
    > Terry Pinnell <> wrote in
    >
    >> "Joe B." <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> I am interested in purchasing a digital photo frame. I've been looking
    >>> for the past few months but information details about the frames isn't
    >>> always specific. I would like a 10.4" size with a 4:3 ratio. Most
    >>> important I would like it to have a calendar (timer) to power on/off
    >>> the frame as I program it and the ability to change photos slowly, say
    >>> once per day as opposed to a slide show. Pandigital has the calendar
    >>> feature, but from what I have read, the "slide show" option cycles
    >>> through the photos rather quickly. Does anyone know of or own a frame
    >>> that offers both the calendar option along with a "daily" photo cycle?
    >>> Thanks for any input,
    >>> Joe B.

    >> You could just stop/pause with the specific photo you want showing.
    >> And change it daily, with a couple of click on the remote. Now, if
    >> it's randomness you want (as I do, albeit on a much shorter repetition
    >> setting), then that's another matter, as you see below...
    >>
    >> ---------
    >>
    >> I bought a 10.4" Krystal model a few days ago. Although overall I'm
    >> not sorry about the purchase there are a few disappointing flaws:
    >>
    >> 1) No random facility. My main gripe. So you have to watch your
    >> hundreds or thousands of photos from the same start every session.
    >> Incredible design mistake IMO. I'd have thought it would have been
    >> easy to implement a random option. The only tedious work-around I can
    >> think of is to remove the SD card regularly and randomise the images
    >> on your PC. How often am I going to do that in practice?!
    >>
    >> 2) Very narrow viewing angle. With the unit self-standing on a lounge
    >> corner unit (conventional photos duly removed to make room), the
    >> display was very dark from our settee. Raised a few degrees it's much
    >> better, but ideally you need to view full-on from the front. If you
    >> wall-mount it (when hiding its cable could become a greater issue)
    >> then it would be even more restrictive.
    >>
    >> 3) With a slideshow running, and no music, I get a faint, irregular
    >> hissing/whistling sound. Easily fixed with the Mute button - but you
    >> then need to remember to toggle that later for MP3s or MPEGs with
    >> soundtracks.
    >>
    >> 4) I'd have preferred the cards to be at right angles to the back
    >> surface, where they would be hidden from view. The SD card is OK, but
    >> a flash memory stick protrudes well out from the edge, spoiling the
    >> otherwise smart appearance.
    >>

    > Thanks for all the input folks. Seems like the frames are still a "work
    > in progress". I think I may wait a while longer for the next generation
    > of frames to come out, hopefully with more of the features I am
    > interested in.
    >
    > Joe B.

    And a reduction in price to something more reasonable.

    Ron Hunter, Dec 18, 2007
  7. Joe B.

    Stewy Guest

    In article <>,
    Terry Pinnell <> wrote:

    > "Joe B." <> wrote:
    >
    > >I am interested in purchasing a digital photo frame.

    > 1) No random facility. My main gripe. So you have to watch your
    > hundreds or thousands of photos from the same start every session.
    > Incredible design mistake IMO. I'd have thought it would have been
    > easy to implement a random option. The only tedious work-around I can
    > think of is to remove the SD card regularly and randomise the images
    > on your PC. How often am I going to do that in practice?!

    Media is pretty cheap these days, why not 'randomise' your sets and
    store on different media?

    > 2) Very narrow viewing angle. With the unit self-standing on a lounge
    > corner unit (conventional photos duly removed to make room), the
    > display was very dark from our settee. Raised a few degrees it's much
    > better, but ideally you need to view full-on from the front. If you
    > wall-mount it (when hiding its cable could become a greater issue)
    > then it would be even more restrictive.

    You'll find the smaller frames are a lot brighter.

    Stewy, Dec 20, 2007