    Do photo studios now offer compact flash to cd burning in Asian cities
    - particularly Medan, Bangkok, etc, or will I have to find an internet
    cafe?
    Matthew, Jul 30, 2004

  2. Matthew

    Dieter Aaaa Guest

    "Matthew" <> schreef in bericht
    news:...
    > Do photo studios now offer compact flash to cd burning in Asian cities
    > - particularly Medan, Bangkok, etc, or will I have to find an internet
    > cafe?

    sure, they do
    not all, but certainly more than in most european cities

    Years ago, on my tours in Asia, I went to photo studio's
    Later I went to small internet shops (there are more internet shops, faster
    service, quality is the same)
    Nowadays, I have some friends in many places in Asia. They burn my
    flashcards on a CD.

    Why don't you take your laptop with you ?
    Dieter Aaaa, Jul 30, 2004

  3. On 30 Jul 2004 11:39:20 -0700, (Matthew) wrote:

    >Do photo studios now offer compact flash to cd burning in Asian cities
    >- particularly Medan, Bangkok, etc, or will I have to find an internet
    >cafe?

    Surely they must. I was in Kuching, Borneo 1 month ago and I had my 32 mb burnt
    and tested before I formatted.

    B.Pedersen Latitude -31,48.21 Longitude115,47.40 Time=GMT+8.00
    If you are curious look here http://www.mapquest.com/maps/latlong.adp
    http://www.members.iinet.net.au/borge
    nesredep egrob, Jul 31, 2004
  4. Matthew

    Mike Guest

    Bangkok is VERY advanced in the field of technology. IIRC Nikon and Fuji
    have major bases in Thailand - you won't have any problem at all with this -
    look for Panthip Plaza, you'll be amazed!
    http://www.into-asia.com/bangkok/panthip/

    Mike, Jul 31, 2004
  5. On 30 Jul 2004 11:39:20 -0700 (Matthew) wrote:

    >Do photo studios now offer compact flash to cd burning in Asian cities
    >- particularly Medan, Bangkok, etc, or will I have to find an internet
    >cafe?

    Any reasoably touristy area should have many choices. Try the bigger KODAK
    or FUJI places - the sign usually says "Digital Image Studio" or similar
    underneath the logo. Printing or transfer to CD. Some will even give you a
    bonus virus on your flash card. No problem in the camera but take care when
    connecting to a computer.

    Sister Mary, Mary Quite Contrary, OPI
    mmqc @ convent.opi
    Sister Mary Mary Quite Contrary, Aug 1, 2004
  6. Matthew

    PeterL Guest

    "Matthew" <> wrote in message
    > Do photo studios now offer compact flash to cd burning in Asian cities
    > - particularly Medan, Bangkok, etc, or will I have to find an internet
    > cafe?

    Bangkok for sure. Don't know about Medan.
    PeterL, Aug 5, 2004