    I'm also interested in other features others have found really useful.
    Thanks in advance for your help. If not, is there a relatively cheap
    one that does all this?

    salgud, Jul 28, 2005

  2. salgud

    Ron Hunter Guest

    salgud wrote:
    > I'm looking for a digital photo album. I downloaded and played with
    > Picasa for a while. It seems nice if you like the way it organizes your
    > files, but I want a photo album where I can put the images in folders
    > the way I want them, not chronological. Picasa allows me to create a
    > folder for an image, but makes it difficult, at best to put other
    > images in that same folder.
    > Does one of the other albums make it easy, say drag-n-drop or right
    > click, to move a file from one folder to another.
    > I'd also like to be able to cross-file my images. I'd like the image to
    > show up in multiple folders, like a pic of me sailing could be both in
    > my "Me" folder and my "Sailing" folder.
    > And I'd like to be able to search my image software for keywords I
    > associate with each image.
    > Do any of the free image management systems do all these things?
    > I'm also interested in other features others have found really useful.
    > Thanks in advance for your help. If not, is there a relatively cheap
    > one that does all this?

    Look at Photoshop Elements 3.0 which has a nice organizer feature that
    will allow just what you want. Of course this isn't free.

    --
    Ron Hunter

    Ron Hunter, Jul 28, 2005

  3. salgud

    Hans S Guest

    salgud wrote:

    > Does one of the other albums make it easy, say drag-n-drop or right
    > click, to move a file from one folder to another.
    > I'd also like to be able to cross-file my images. I'd like the image
    > to show up in multiple folders, like a pic of me sailing could be
    > both in my "Me" folder and my "Sailing" folder.
    > And I'd like to be able to search my image software for keywords I
    > associate with each image.
    > Do any of the free image management systems do all these things?
    > I'm also interested in other features others have found really useful.
    > Thanks in advance for your help. If not, is there a relatively cheap
    > one that does all this?

    Look at FotoAlbum from FotoTime. They made a freeware version, but it's
    not on their site anymore. I posted the URL's in yesterday's thread
    titled "Photo Album Software".

    Hans S, Jul 28, 2005
  4. salgud

    piperut Guest

    Hans S wrote:
    > salgud wrote:
    >
    > > Does one of the other albums make it easy, say drag-n-drop or right
    > > click, to move a file from one folder to another.
    > > I'd also like to be able to cross-file my images. I'd like the image
    > > to show up in multiple folders, like a pic of me sailing could be
    > > both in my "Me" folder and my "Sailing" folder.
    > > And I'd like to be able to search my image software for keywords I
    > > associate with each image.
    > > Do any of the free image management systems do all these things?
    > > I'm also interested in other features others have found really useful.
    > > Thanks in advance for your help. If not, is there a relatively cheap
    > > one that does all this?

    > Look at FotoAlbum from FotoTime. They made a freeware version, but it's
    > not on their site anymore. I posted the URL's in yesterday's thread
    > titled "Photo Album Software".

    There is also a GPL photo album called album shaper at Source forge.
    I downloaded this one, but haven't had much time to play with it to see
    what it does.

    http://albumshaper.sourceforge.net/

    roland

    piperut, Jul 28, 2005
  5. salgud

    Hans S Guest

    piperut wrote:

    > > > Does one of the other albums make it easy, say drag-n-drop or
    > > > right click, to move a file from one folder to another.
    > > > I'd also like to be able to cross-file my images. I'd like the
    > > > image to show up in multiple folders, like a pic of me sailing
    > > > could be both in my "Me" folder and my "Sailing" folder.
    > > > And I'd like to be able to search my image software for keywords I
    > > > associate with each image.
    > > > Do any of the free image management systems do all these things?
    > > > I'm also interested in other features others have found really
    > > > useful. Thanks in advance for your help. If not, is there a
    > > > relatively cheap one that does all this?

    > > Look at FotoAlbum from FotoTime. They made a freeware version, but
    > > it's not on their site anymore. I posted the URL's in yesterday's
    > > thread titled "Photo Album Software".

    > There is also a GPL photo album called album shaper at Source forge.
    > I downloaded this one, but haven't had much time to play with it to
    > see what it does.
    >
    > http://albumshaper.sourceforge.net/

    The drag-and-drop feature wanted by the OP is still in the "future
    plans" section of Albumshaper. It's a promising project though and
    it's certainly worth looking at considering the rate of progress.

    Hans S, Jul 28, 2005
  6. salgud

    piperut Guest

    Hans S wrote:

    > > > Look at FotoAlbum from FotoTime. They made a freeware version, but
    > > > it's not on their site anymore. I posted the URL's in yesterday's
    > > > thread titled "Photo Album Software".

    > > There is also a GPL photo album called album shaper at Source forge.
    > > I downloaded this one, but haven't had much time to play with it to
    > > see what it does.
    > >
    > > http://albumshaper.sourceforge.net/
    > >

    > The drag-and-drop feature wanted by the OP is still in the "future
    > plans" section of Albumshaper. It's a promising project though and
    > it's certainly worth looking at considering the rate of progress.

    I downloaded Alubm Shaper the other night and installed it in windows
    to make sure it worked, and only had about 10 minutes to play around
    with it.
    So I am sure all that is there.

    I am going to have to take a good look at it this weekend if I get
    enough time.

    Too many project going on...

    roland

    piperut, Jul 28, 2005
  7. salgud

    Milan Guest

    Many avid photographers use Photoshopt CS for editing and ACDSee for
    organizing. I use ACDSee for organizing and it will do what you want.
    It also has a very good photo editor. I also have Photoshop Elements 3
    that I use for some of it's unique features that I don't have in ACDSee.

    Milan, Jul 30, 2005