    http://tinyurl.com/4hjoe

    What you think?

    , Jan 17, 2006

  2. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > Anyone have experience or advice on best way to take
    > notes for company meetings or college classes?

    Spiral bound notebook and pen.

    Plato, Jan 17, 2006

  3. Guest

    Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    >> Anyone have experience or advice on best way to take
    >> notes for company meetings or college classes?

    >Spiral bound notebook and pen.

    Yeah

    Just looking for some easy way to get them into
    electronic text is all

    , Jan 17, 2006
  4. Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-01-17, <> wrote:
    > Anyone have experience or advice on best way to take
    > notes for company meetings or college classes?
    >
    > I'm thinking abt investing in this:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/4hjoe
    >
    > What you think?

    I think you should mention what that tinyurl link is meant to take people
    to (I risked it and got to
    <http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/features/digitalwritingtopics/U
    S/EN,CRID=2095> in case anyone wondered - about a new-fangled combination
    of ball-point-pen and handwriting-recognition software). (Sheesh; the
    ball-point-pen is still new-fangled for some of us).

    Pen or pencil and paper is well-proven, cheap, and requires that you
    concentrate and thus absorb information while you take notes and then go
    over the same stuff again later when you transcribe and edit for a
    permanent record. The high-tech gadgets encourage laziness - and drop you
    right in it when they run out of power, or crash, or just plain don't
    work.

    At least this one does include an ink cartridge so you can have a paper
    record to fall back on, but I suspect that it costs a bit more than a nice
    Parker or a crate of Bics. The FAQ doesn't mention what happens to your
    data when the pen is soaked in beer and/or curry overnight, or put through
    a wash rinse and spin cycle in the launderette, or how you download the ~40
    pages it can hold when you have 3 minutes to get to the next lecture and
    your laptop is somewhere under someone elses bed with a flat battery, or if
    you don't run Windows, or what happens when you change batteries on the bus
    and drop them, or any of the other scenarios I can imagine.

    On the other hand, any gadget freak worthy of the name is going to feel
    very unsettled until one of these things has been personally put through
    its paces <G>

    Oldies like me can still lament the passing of the short-hand typist. I
    remember when the short-hand typists were so difficult to pass without
    dropping in for a little chat, and there really is no substitute for a ...

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jan 17, 2006
  5. clot Guest

    Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2006-01-17, <> wrote:
    >> Anyone have experience or advice on best way to take
    >> notes for company meetings or college classes?
    >>
    >> I'm thinking abt investing in this:
    >>
    >> http://tinyurl.com/4hjoe
    >>
    >> What you think?

    > I think you should mention what that tinyurl link is meant to take
    > people to (I risked it and got to
    > <http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/features/digitalwritingtopics/U
    > S/EN,CRID=2095> in case anyone wondered - about a new-fangled
    > combination of ball-point-pen and handwriting-recognition software).
    > (Sheesh; the ball-point-pen is still new-fangled for some of us).
    >
    > Pen or pencil and paper is well-proven, cheap, and requires that you
    > concentrate and thus absorb information while you take notes and then
    > go over the same stuff again later when you transcribe and edit for a
    > permanent record. The high-tech gadgets encourage laziness - and
    > drop you right in it when they run out of power, or crash, or just
    > plain don't work.
    >
    > At least this one does include an ink cartridge so you can have a
    > paper record to fall back on, but I suspect that it costs a bit more
    > than a nice Parker or a crate of Bics. The FAQ doesn't mention what
    > happens to your data when the pen is soaked in beer and/or curry
    > overnight, or put through a wash rinse and spin cycle in the
    > launderette, or how you download the ~40 pages it can hold when you
    > have 3 minutes to get to the next lecture and your laptop is
    > somewhere under someone elses bed with a flat battery, or if you
    > don't run Windows, or what happens when you change batteries on the
    > bus and drop them, or any of the other scenarios I can imagine.
    >
    > On the other hand, any gadget freak worthy of the name is going to
    > feel very unsettled until one of these things has been personally put
    > through its paces <G>
    >
    > Oldies like me can still lament the passing of the short-hand typist.
    > I remember when the short-hand typists were so difficult to pass
    > without dropping in for a little chat, and there really is no

    Mary Hopkins comes to mind!

    clot, Jan 17, 2006
  6. Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-01-17, clot <> wrote:

    snip

    >> Oldies like me can still lament the passing of the short-hand typist.
    >> I remember when the short-hand typists were so difficult to pass
    >> without dropping in for a little chat, and there really is no

    > Mary Hopkins comes to mind!

    Ah, the Hairy Mopkin :)) Julie Felix, Doris Day, Lollipop, Helen
    Shapiro, Cleo Lane, ... ... ...

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jan 17, 2006
  7. clot Guest

    Whiskers wrote:
    > On 2006-01-17, clot <> wrote:
    >
    > snip
    >
    >>> Oldies like me can still lament the passing of the short-hand
    >>> typist. I remember when the short-hand typists were so difficult to
    >>> pass without dropping in for a little chat, and there really is no

    >> Mary Hopkins comes to mind!

    > Ah, the Hairy Mopkin :)) Julie Felix, Doris Day, Lollipop, Helen
    > Shapiro, Cleo Lane, ... ... ...

    Those were the days!! :)

    clot, Jan 17, 2006
  8. PC Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Anyone have experience or advice on best way to take
    > notes for company meetings or college classes?
    >
    > I'm thinking abt investing in this:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/4hjoe
    >
    > What you think?

    I wouldn't bother, the strength of written notes is in the reviewing you do
    that night (next day) when you transcribe them.
    Puting them straight into one's PC means they are only reviewed/reread much
    later when obvious inaccuracies and mistakes have been long forgotten.

    A parallel could be drawn with the number of scanners that were bought
    obstensibly to scan documents for editing & reprinting with altered clauses
    etc. In the end it was quicker to retype the document than to spend time
    redoing the spelling and layouts.
    I can think of several such scanners gathering dust in offices.

    Just my 2c

    Paul.

    PC, Jan 18, 2006
  9. Whiskers Guest

    On 2006-01-17, clot <> wrote:
    > Whiskers wrote:
    >> On 2006-01-17, clot <> wrote:
    >>
    >> snip

    >>> Mary Hopkins comes to mind!

    >> Ah, the Hairy Mopkin :)) Julie Felix, Doris Day, Lollipop, Helen
    >> Shapiro, Cleo Lane, ... ... ...

    > Those were the days!! :)

    Good song :))

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jan 18, 2006
  10. BeeVee Guest

    X-NO-Archive:Yes
    <> wrote in message
    > Anyone have experience or advice on best way to take
    > notes for company meetings or college classes?
    >
    > I'm thinking abt investing in this:
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/4hjoe
    >
    > What you think?

    BUNK
    If your going to college, get knowlege. lose a $200.00 pen every
    week......... priceless!!!!

    Get em fast...they won't sell many...so it will be extinct soon!!!!!!
    Overpriced

    > Logitech® ioT2 Digital Writing System The fastest way to put notes to
    > work.

    Efficiently turn handwritten notes into digital notes; handwrite e-mail,
    calendar entries, and tasks for Microsoft Outlook and Lotus Notes.
    Available in Black.

    Features: Ballpoint pen . Optical sensor . PC . USB

    > Learn More
    > View Demo

    P/N: 965118-0403 Find a retailer Buy Now! USD 199.95

    Go here get this and use speak write. USB port? You lose 4 of these to 1 of
    those. And you didn't run out of paper did you?
    These work great, hang on your neck, plug into computer and transfer....
    record the whole lecture. Just you won't look like the cute little chick in
    the logitech ad....

    WWW.pricewatch.com
    MP3 players
    6-in-1 Portable 512MB MP3 Player w/ FM USB 1.1 Flash Pen *FM tuner Radio
    *Digital Voice Recorder *Blue Backlight LCD *Multi-languages *Support MP3
    (MPEG 1/2,2.5/ Layer 3) & WMA
    Part No - MD230AF_512

    Item - Ramses
    512MB MP3 Player w/ FM

    Price - $51
    Shipping -Free Ground Shipping

    Price Plus
    Shipping - $51

    No sig what you looking here for? Go Ogle somewhere else eh?

    BeeVee, Jan 19, 2006