    But it is too bigger for my purpose!
    there are other products?

    thanks

    gaetano, Oct 2, 2004

  2. gaetano

    Darren Green Guest

    Hi Gaetano,

    I remember one of my clients who had ISDN 30 (8 active channels) looking for
    a similar solution. The client had remote ISDN users and 56k dial up users.

    He felt the 3600 was too much so we looked at the 2600 series. At the time,
    approximately 18 months ago, the 2600 didn't support the digital modem
    module. I believe that this is still the case but check www.cisco.com to
    confirm.

    What about having separate ISDN routers for each person? If each line has a
    different number could you could hang individual boxes off each, say a 1603
    etc. Someone else would have to comment on this as it could be slightly
    messy.

    Alternatively, if you don't have to pay a penalty, is there no way you could
    go with standard analogue circuits if you only need 56k. You could then use
    a 2600.

    Finally, if you have to go the 3600 route, why not try to pick a second hand
    one up on Ebay.

    Regards

    Darren

    Darren Green, Oct 3, 2004

  3. gaetano

    PES Guest

    "Darren Green" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Gaetano,
    >
    > I remember one of my clients who had ISDN 30 (8 active channels) looking
    > for
    > a similar solution. The client had remote ISDN users and 56k dial up
    > users.
    >
    > He felt the 3600 was too much so we looked at the 2600 series. At the
    > time,
    > approximately 18 months ago, the 2600 didn't support the digital modem
    > module. I believe that this is still the case but check www.cisco.com to
    > confirm.
    >
    > What about having separate ISDN routers for each person? If each line has
    > different number could you could hang individual boxes off each, say a
    > 1603
    > etc. Someone else would have to comment on this as it could be slightly
    > messy.

    You cannot dial into an isdn ciruit with an analog circuit. You need a
    modem to make everything understand.

    > Alternatively, if you don't have to pay a penalty, is there no way you
    > could
    > go with standard analogue circuits if you only need 56k. You could then
    > use
    > a 2600.

    You can only get 56k out of a std analog circuit if it dials into a
    digitally terminated one.

    PES, Oct 3, 2004

    ~
    ~ I find this solution 3600 + isdn bri interfaces + Digital Modem Network
    ~ Modules (NM-6DM).
    ~
    ~ But it is too bigger for my purpose!
    ~ there are other products?
    ~
    ~ thanks

    A used 3640 might not be very expensive. In any case, the
    lowest end routers in which we support digital modem access
    from BRIs is the 3640/3725 (not sure about the new 3800s.)

    With a 4-BRI NM and an NM-6DM, you could support 6 modem calls
    and would have two B channels left over. (Use an NM-12DM if
    you need to support modem calls on all 8 channels.)

    Aaron

    Aaron Leonard, Oct 4, 2004
  5. Hi Aaron,

    Is cisco planning on building a, lets call it, "WIC-1B2DM-S/T" module (or
    even a "NM-4B8DM-S/T") that would work on the lower range of routers
    (1700/2600)? This would definitely enlarge the market for small dial-in
    solutions. At our company we often have to sell dial-in options using a pc
    based solution (with 4bri digital modem cards) where we'd rather sell a
    small router-based solution (for the obvious reasons). In the netherlands
    ISDN and PSTN are still very popular and the companies we work for don't
    have/want to spend the money for a c3600 series based solution so they opt
    for a pc/windows based solution.
    We do projects for companies in the industrial automation sector.

    Erik

    Erik Tamminga, Oct 7, 2004
  6. Erik,

    Thanks for the feedback. I know of no plans for any such product,
    but if there is a significant market for such, please contact your
    Cisco account team and have them contact product marketing to
    submit a case for making such a product.

    Regards,

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Hi Aaron,
    ~
[...]
    ~ >
    ~ > ~ hi,
    ~ > ~ in my office i have 4 bri lines, i would like to connect them to 4
    ~ > ~ digital modem in order to receive 56k (v.92) call from mobile usres.
    ~ > ~

    Aaron Leonard, Oct 8, 2004