    Is there a way to convert them to digital?

    Thanks,
    Wayne

    Cheshire Cat, Mar 29, 2006

  2. Cheshire Cat wrote:
    > My mother owns several Minolta X-700s, which she refuses to give up.
    > Is there a way to convert them to digital?

    No. But you could find her a processing place and make sure they produce
    Hi Rez CD's with each roll she takes there.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, Mar 29, 2006

  3. Cheshire Cat

    SMS Guest

    Yes. See "http://www.side.com/"

    SMS, Mar 30, 2006
  4. Cheshire Cat

    bluezfolk Guest

    I loved my Minolta X700 and I can understand her feelings.

    Eric

    bluezfolk, Mar 30, 2006
  5. Cheshire Cat

    Ace Guest

    Wayne

    Set your Mother up an account at a good lab that will give her real
    nice prints and high resolution CDs. Of course have the monthly bill
    sent to you.

    Bob AZ

    Ace, Mar 30, 2006
  6. Cheshire Cat

    Matt Ion Guest

    Cheshire Cat wrote:
    > My mother owns several Minolta X-700s, which she refuses to give up.
    > Is there a way to convert them to digital?

    Nope, but if she ever does decide to give it up, point her my way - I
    used to have one of those little gems and loved it (until it was stolen)
    - it was a fantastic manual SLR, and I'd buy one and start shooting film
    again in a minute if I could find one for a decent price.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0613-1, 03/29/2006
    Tested on: 3/29/2006 5:01:26 PM

    Matt Ion, Mar 30, 2006
  7. Cheshire Cat

    Matt Ion Guest

    SMS wrote:
    > Cheshire Cat wrote:
    >
    >> My mother owns several Minolta X-700s, which she refuses to give up.
    >> Is there a way to convert them to digital?

    > Yes. See "http://www.side.com/"

    Vaporware.

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0613-1, 03/29/2006
    Tested on: 3/29/2006 5:02:21 PM

    Matt Ion, Mar 30, 2006
  8. Cheshire Cat

    Pat Guest

    Sure, it's pretty easy.

    Take them out onto the driveway and smash them into bits using a really
    big hammer. Then go buy her a nice, new, top-of-the line digital.

    That'll convert her, but she'll probably dis-inherit you, but hey.
    There are lots of people who don't even get birthday cards from their
    mothers. Why should you be any different?

    :)

    Pat, Mar 30, 2006
  9. Matt Ion wrote:
    > Cheshire Cat wrote:
    >
    >> My mother owns several Minolta X-700s, which she refuses to give up.
    >> Is there a way to convert them to digital?

    > Nope, but if she ever does decide to give it up, point her my way -

    I loved mine too, but sold it and the accessories off on eBay when I
    "went digital" two year sago. There are MANY for sale on eBay really
    cheap -

    Check them out ... http://tinyurl.com/femmb

    --
    Seinfeld Lists http://tinyurl.com/f7k9d
    California Photos http://tinyurl.com/ann2l

    TheNewsGuy(Mike), Mar 30, 2006
  10. Cheshire Cat

    Cheshire Cat Guest

    Yep, recently she bought one that was decked out with a digital back
    and an alumimun case. She has a few digital P&S's, but she was so
    excited about the X-700, she called to tell me how much she got for so
    cheap. That's why I'd like to find her a digital converter. It seems
    like it would be "simple" to create a senor that would fit like a roll
    of film. I looked at http://www.side.com, but it does not really
    explain much or give price or a pixal count.

    Thanks for all the suggestions, some are very interesting.

    Wayne

    Cheshire Cat, Mar 30, 2006
  11. Cheshire Cat

    Tom G Guest

    "Cheshire Cat" <> wrote in message
    > Yep, recently she bought one that was decked out with a digital back
    > and an alumimun case. She has a few digital P&S's, but she was so
    > excited about the X-700, she called to tell me how much she got for so
    > cheap. That's why I'd like to find her a digital converter. It seems
    > like it would be "simple" to create a senor that would fit like a roll
    > of film. I looked at http://www.side.com, but it does not really
    > explain much or give price or a pixal count.
    >
    > Thanks for all the suggestions, some are very interesting.
    >
    > Wayne

    Just for the heck of it, I had WalMart develop a couple of rolls from my
    Nikon FE2. For $1.88 they put together a CD, also. Now these were not
    really high resolution but I found that if I downloaded them into the
    computer as .bmp files instead of the .jpg they are on the CD, I didn't get
    the artifacts. Good enough for ordinary 4 x 6 prints and if I get something
    I really want enlarged, I have the negative to work with. Actually did a
    wedding for a coworker who had absolutely no money in this manner. I post
    processed the files in Paint Shop and then had them reprinted and the bride
    was happy with the results. I even printed a couple of 8 x 10's with my
    printer for her and they turned out pretty good, too. Of course this was
    before I bought the Nikon D50.

    Tom G.

    Tom G.

    Tom G, Mar 30, 2006
  12. SMS <> wrote:
    > Cheshire Cat wrote:
    >> My mother owns several Minolta X-700s, which she refuses to give up.
    >> Is there a way to convert them to digital?

    > Yes. See "http://www.side.com/"

    it never actually worked and the company ceased to exists

    B.

    Bronek Kozicki, Mar 30, 2006
  13. Cheshire Cat

    ian lincoln Guest

    "John McWilliams" <> wrote in message
    > Cheshire Cat wrote:
    >> My mother owns several Minolta X-700s, which she refuses to give up.
    >> Is there a way to convert them to digital?

    buy her the epson v700 scanner

    ian lincoln, Mar 30, 2006
  14. ian lincoln wrote:
    > "John McWilliams" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Cheshire Cat wrote:
    >>
    >>>My mother owns several Minolta X-700s, which she refuses to give up.
    >>>Is there a way to convert them to digital?

    > buy her the epson v700 scanner

    Buy her a calendar.

    TheNewsGuy(Mike), Mar 31, 2006

    http://www.rokkorfiles.com/digital.htm

    Darrell Larose, Apr 4, 2006
  16. "SMS" <> wrote in message
    > Cheshire Cat wrote:
    >> My mother owns several Minolta X-700s, which she refuses to give up.
    >> Is there a way to convert them to digital?

    > Yes. See "http://www.side.com/"

    The old 1997 Fartware (like vapourware, but has a bad smell) It'll never
    get to market.

    Darrell Larose, Apr 4, 2006
  17. Cheshire Cat

    guest1

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    By a HP neg scanner. I have one and it can scan negs up to 2800 dpi. I just get negs developed and scan them myself.

    Or I can sell everything to you, scanner, hardware, and program and X-700, 4 lenses flashes, bag, everything. $300

    guest1, Sep 19, 2011