    Anyone know of a good review site for projectors?

    Thanks
    JAB

    jab, Oct 27, 2006

  2. "jab" <> wrote in message news:ehtg22$4ud$...
    > Now that I have decided to go 100% digital in lieu of slides, I would like
    > to get a projector to project the images to the big screen. With prices
    > dropping to the affordable range, it is time to acquire a digital media
    > projector.
    >
    > What do I need to look into to determine which one will best suit my
    > needs?
    >
    > I guess the higher the lumens, the brighter the projection, but does
    > resolution and contrast ratio do?

    I have just started to investigate this and suggest that you look at the
    Canon LV-7255 XGA projector ($1400) as a starting point.

    Charles Schuler, Oct 27, 2006

  3. jab <> wrote in news:ehtg22$4ud$:

    > Now that I have decided to go 100% digital in lieu of slides, I would
    > like to get a projector to project the images to the big screen. With
    > prices dropping to the affordable range, it is time to acquire a
    > digital media projector.
    >
    > What do I need to look into to determine which one will best suit my
    > needs?
    >
    > I guess the higher the lumens, the brighter the projection, but does
    > resolution and contrast ratio do?
    >
    > Can the same protector be used to project DVD movies as well?

    I am extremely happy with my Canon XEED SX 50 (realis in the US I think)

    http://www.projectorpoint.co.uk/projectors/Canon_XEED_SX50.html

    One drawback, won't fit in a complete "secure" hdmi chain. Some early HDMI
    certified devices won't either anyway. But you might want to pay attention
    to that for a new purchase.

    > Which brands are best and which are to be avoided for slide like
    > appearance?

    Apparently, there are some antagonist requirements for slides/digital
    pictures vs movie projections. But please read the review sites to make up
    your own mind. I am happy with both aspects on the Canon, but I am not very
    hard to please when it comes to pictures.

    www.projectorcentral.com

    Pierre Vandevenne, Oct 27, 2006