    Wayne J. Cosshall
    Blog and Podcast http://www.digitalimagemakerworld.com/
    Personal art site http://www.artinyourface.com/
    wayne, Mar 8, 2006

  2. wayne wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've just posted an article on DIMi that looks at how digital infrared
    > photography works and what is happening with the diffeerent color
    > channels during IR photography, following some discussions with people
    > at Kodak. <http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=466>

    Thanks. This adresses several questions I have had about residual color,
    false color, etc., and the behavior of the RGB channels in IR.

    http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net

    "When I said 'some of my best ideas came while walking between classes
    at Harvard' I did not mean to suggest I attended Harvard." -Brian Sack's
    Memoirs, Corrected
    Unclaimed Mysteries, Mar 8, 2006

  3. wayne wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I've just posted an article on DIMi that looks at how digital infrared
    > photography works and what is happening with the diffeerent color
    > channels during IR photography, following some discussions with people
    > at Kodak. <http://www.dimagemaker.com/article.php?articleID=466>

    Nice article.

    You might also want to mention the under-used technique of creating
    colour ir images by taking two exposures, one with the ir filter in
    place and one without.

    Then replace the _green_ channel in the normal image with the _red_
    channel from the ir image. The results are often quite spectacular.

    Angus
    angusinalberta, Mar 8, 2006
  4. wayne

    wayne Guest