    I wonder if anyone else has any experience of this method of printmaking and
    would be willing to share their experience.

    Jem
    Jem Raid, Aug 21, 2004

  2. Keep me posted please on your progress. I have worked with several printing
    processes...but never intaglio. It sounds messy what with having to remove
    all that excess ink. I have several old proofing presses around and have
    been thinking about trying to get some old cuts proofed.

    "Jem Raid" <> wrote in message
    > I use a digicam to make my images and was making Cyanotypes from same size
    > transparency negs.
    >
    > I've come across Photopolymer printing, bought some film, have

    successfully

    Gene Palmiter, Aug 21, 2004

  3. Jem Raid

    Jem Raid Guest

    "Gene Palmiter" <> wrote in message
    > Keep me posted please on your progress. I have worked with several

    printing
    > processes...but never intaglio. It sounds messy what with having to remove
    > all that excess ink. I have several old proofing presses around and have
    > been thinking about trying to get some old cuts proofed.
    >
    > "Jem Raid" <> wrote in message
    > > I use a digicam to make my images and was making Cyanotypes from same

    size
    > > transparency negs.
    > >
    > > I've come across Photopolymer printing, bought some film, have

    > successfully
    > > stuck it to Plasikard (a feat in itself!) and have used a pos

    tranparency
    > > make several plates, I'm awaiting the delivery of an etching press, inks
    > > etc.
    > >
    > > I wonder if anyone else has any experience of this method of printmaking

    > and
    > > would be willing to share their experience.
    > >
    > > Jem

    Dear Gene,

    Thanks for your interest, I will keep you informed and use the words
    'digital' and 'intaglio' in the titles of future posts.

    I have tried printing one of my plates with some ink scrounged from a local
    printer, your right it's messy, very! I ordered my press from Polymetaal in
    Holland and they also sell 'Akua Color' water based inks, which I'm told are
    a lot easier to wipe, so I've odered a few tubs of these as well.

    More later, my press is due sometime in Sept.

    Jem
    Jem Raid, Aug 21, 2004