Digital Images Preservation

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by LiquiGuard.com, Jan 7, 2004.

  1. Our Company Liquiguard Technologies Inc. is an innovator of new and
    unique protective coatings for use on everyday objects and specialized
    applications. Commonly available coatings have a basic polymer
    composition. Liquiguard Technologies coatings are complex formulations
    that will meet and exceed the requirements of the job at hand. Most of
    our coatings are water based, eco friendly and present no health
    hazards. They are clear, non-odorous and contain additives that
    discourage the growth of mold, mildew and other fungi. They contain
    inhibitors to prevent damage caused by invisible but harmful
    ultraviolet rays. Liquiguard Technologies development focus is to
    create application specific coatings that are the best in class.
    Coatings developed by us utilize the latest innovations in polymer
    technology. Our formulations focus on specific groups of materials and
    objects that need to be protected from hazards encountered during
    every day use. We pride ourselves on developing solutions that are
    truly effective and long lastingwe have developed a very special
    product by the name of ArtShield. ArtShield is a clear coating
    designed to protect and enhance the longevity of fine art, graphics
    and even photographs and digital photographs. It is totally
    non-staining and will not affectthe colors or the material of the
    object being coated. It can also be applied to sculptures and other
    art objects to prevent tarnishing and
    fading. ArtShield has great adhesion and flexibility and when
    correctly applied will provide excellent protection and keep the
    artwork looking fresh and vibrant. The high degree of flexibility
    allows fine art to be rolled up for shipping thus providing
    substantial savings on shipping costs.

    Formulated from a blend of complex and innovative new resins,
    ArtShield is a water based, odorless, non-yellowing and non-polluting
    coating unlike any other available in the market today. More than a
    moisture repellant it is the first truly protective coating that can
    withstand spills of water, beverages, wine and other non-corrosive
    liquids while keeping the coated objects free from mold, mildew and
    other fungi. ArtShield contains unique ultraviolet inhibitors that
    will protect the artwork from damage caused by exposure to sunlight,
    thus extending the life of the artwork. If needed, coated objects can
    also be wiped down with warm water and mild detergents.

    ArtShield can be sprayed or brushed on to the art objects quickly and
    easily and will become tack free in 20 to 30 minutes at an ambient
    temperature of 77°F. To achieve optimal results, however, a drying
    time of approximately 72 hours is recommended. The fully dried
    ArtShield film is highly durable and will stay in place and continue
    to provide optimal protection until physically removed or rubbed off.

    To ensure that your treasured artwork is fully protected, ArtShield
    contains a special "tracer dye" that glows when exposed to ultraviolet
    light. Missing or inadequate amount of ArtShield can be easily
    detected by the absence of the telltale glow when the artwork is
    exposed to a UV source. If too little ArtShield has been applied,
    simply apply another coating to correct the problem.

    ArtShield is 100% water based and is available in aerosol cans, quart,
    gallon and five gallon containers. Aerosol cans contain solvent based
    propellants. Larger packing sizes contain concentrates which must be
    diluted with tap water. The recommended dilution is 2 or 3 parts of
    water to 1 part of concentrate.
    To remove ArtShield coating from treated surfaces, use warm water and
    mild detergents or isopropyl alcohol. Do not use corrosive cleaners or
    strong solvents.

    ArtShield is non-toxic and environmentally safe.

    PRODUCT USAGE INFO

    1. Surface to be laminated must be free of dirt, oil, grease and other
    loose debris.

    2. Damp or wet objects should be thoroughly dried before coating.

    3. Make sure that Artshield and ambient temperature are at 50° F or
    higher.

    4. Shake the aerosol can well before and frequently during use.

    5. Hold the can upright and about 12 inches away from the surface to
    be sprayed.

    6. Spray from all four sides of the object to be coated to ensure
    complete coverage. This constitutes one coating cycle.

    7. Porous surfaces may require more than one coating cycle for optimal
    protection.

    8. Each coating must be partially dry prior to application of
    additional coatings.

    9. For maximum protection coat all exposed surfaces.

    CAUTION: Propellants within the aerosol contain volatile solvents that
    can ignite easily. Keep away from open flame sparks or heat. Prolonged
    exposure to sunlight may expand the pressurized solvents and the can
    could explode. Do not puncture or incinerate. Do not store at
    temperatures above 120ºF. Vapor harmful. Use with adequate
    ventilation. Avoid contact with eyes and skin and prolonged exposure
    to vapors. If swallowed do not induce vomiting. Seek immediate medical
    attention.

    LEGAL INFO

    LIQUIGUARD TECHNOLOGIES, INC. WARRANTIES THAT A PROPERLY COATED OBJECT
    WILL NOT SUFFER DAMAGE FROM HUMIDITY, MOISTURE, LIMITED EXPOSURE TO
    NON-CORROSIVE LIQUIDS AND ULTRAVIOLET RAYS. USER IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE
    FOR DETERMINING SUITABILITY FOR IN ENDED USE AND ASSUMES ALL RISKS IN
    CONNECTION THEREWITH OTHER THAN AS WARRANTED HEREIN. WARRANTY EXTENDS
    TO ORIGINAL PURCHASER AND MAY NOT BE ASSIGNED OR TRANSFERRED. WARRANTY
    DOES NOT APPLY TO COATED OBJECT THAT HAS BEEN REWORKED, PHYSICALLY
    DAMAGED OR ABUSED AND PROVIDES NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR
    CONSEQUENTIAL LOSS OR DAMAGE TO COATED OBJECTS. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY
    IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING
    MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR USE OR FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

    LiquiGuard.com, Jan 7, 2004

  2. LiquiGuard.com

    scott Guest

    .... yeah, but can it be used on glossy photoprints to extend their
    lives, too?

    scott, Jan 7, 2004

  3. LiquiGuard.com

    scott Guest

    Uh oh, sorry.

    Just re-read your application claims - " ... even photographs and
    digital photographs ...". Any projected 'life' enhancement predictions
    for digital photos and what's that based on? How much does it reduce
    UV/light exposure damage? Is there any way that we can see valid user
    testimonials?

    scott, Jan 7, 2004
  4. LiquiGuard.com

    Brian Pizza Guest

    you shouldnt replyt to spam

    Brian Pizza, Jan 7, 2004
  5. LiquiGuard.com

    scott Guest

    In article <9j%Kb.16237$>,
    "Brian Pizza" <> wrote:

    > you shouldnt replyt to spam

    Pizzaman,

    There are many 'shoulds' and 'shouldn'ts' in life, aren't there?
    I value my ability to decide which are in my own best interests
    and which are not. here are a few of my favorite ones ...

    I should if it is a relevant question to the group, thread, or me.

    You shouldn't offer unwelcome advice to a grown up.

    You should follow the rules of good grammar, composition and
    typing.

    I find your position much more offensive than the post.

    If I really need your help in making my life decisions, I'll be
    sure to e-mail you immediately before (I attempt) making
    my next!

    I can hardly wait for your guidance.

    Incidentally, I got his reply and am quite satisfied. I'm checking out
    the details at this very moment

    Thanks, but no thanks, anyway!

    scott, Jan 7, 2004
  6. LiquiGuard.com

    Alan Browne Guest

    Brian Pizza wrote:

    > you shouldnt replyt to spam

    While tempted to write a nasty to the OP, the product is relevant to
    those in the group who print images, although the OP should have
    probably just posted a link.

    Cheers,
    Alan.

    --
    e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.

    Alan Browne, Jan 9, 2004
  7. LiquiGuard.com

    Alan Browne Guest

    How about a link next time?

    LiquiGuard.com wrote:

    > Our Company Liquiguard Technologies Inc. is an innovator of new and

    <hundred lines or so snipped>
    --
    e-meil: there's no such thing as a FreeLunch.

    Alan Browne, Jan 9, 2004
  8. (LiquiGuard.com) wrote in message news:<>...
    >Scott:

    Artshield was developed & engineered with the photo industry in mind.
    If applied correctly (covering the whole surface) which you can verify
    under a backlight, the photograph (either digital or traditional
    print) should enjoy many non yellowing years with of course no damage
    caused by application essentially until the product is physically
    rubbed off. It even prevents water from damaging the image. As far as
    UV light exposure it contains unique ultra violet inhibitors that will
    prevent sunlight damage. I will be posting testimonials ASAP.

    Steven
    http://Liquiguard.com

    LiquiGuard.com, Jan 13, 2004
  9. Alan Browne <> wrote in message news:<G_qLb.12290$>...
    > How about a link next time?
    >

    > LiquiGuard.com wrote:
    >
    > > Our Company Liquiguard Technologies Inc. is an innovator of new and

    > <hundred lines or so snipped>

    Alan:

    I do aplogize for posting what some of you view as "spam", that
    however was not my desired intention. My idea was to provide relevant
    information to a group who would benefit from it.Perhaps I should have
    just posted a link to the site with some brief info. Sorry for any
    negativity this might have caused.
    Please check out the link I am sure a lot of you can benefit from
    Artshield.

    Thanks
    Steven S.
    http://Liquiguard.com