    digital images are smoother and less noisy than film the file sizes in KB
    aren't too bad (26 - 70 KB). Let me know if you see any problems.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Aug 15, 2004

  2. Bill Hilton

    Steve West Guest

    These are truly outstanding pictures. You have a great eye, and the quality
    of the pictures themselves are incredible. Great sales pitch for the Mk
    II!!!

    Steve

    "Bill Hilton" <> wrote in message
    > Wife and I were on St. Paul a couple of weeks ago and despite missing

    three

    http://members.aol.com/hiltonfotography/pribilofs/murre.htm ...

    Steve West, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Hi Bill,
    Great shots. I think you have put another nail into the film coffin with the
    quality of the pictures.

    Hope you have better luck next time with the weather.
    Aren't there supposed to be walrus's around the island?

    Cheers,
    Allan

    Sheppard Clan, Aug 16, 2004
  4. Bill Hilton

    Clyde Torres Guest

    > Wife and I were on St. Paul a couple of weeks ago and despite missing

    three
    > days of shooting due to rain and fog we got a few shots of puffins, foxes,
    > seals and other birds.
    >
    > Check it out at

    http://members.aol.com/hiltonfotography/pribilofs/murre.htm ...
    > some of the images are pretty big in pixels (over 800 x 800) but because
    > digital images are smoother and less noisy than film the file sizes in KB
    > aren't too bad (26 - 70 KB). Let me know if you see any problems.
    >
    > Bill

    Excellent photography and material, Bill. The Canon 1Ds with 500 mm/f4 L
    and 2x converter is a remarkable combo of equipment, but you are even more
    remarkable! Thanks for the beautiful and excellent pics.

    Clyde Torres

    Clyde Torres, Aug 16, 2004
  5. Bill Hilton

    Bill Hilton Guest

    Thanks for the kind words Steve, Alan and Clyde, glad you guys liked the shots.

    > From: Sheppard Clan
    >
    > Aren't there supposed to be walrus's around the
    > island?

    There was a small island nearby called Walrus Island (not to be confused with a
    larger island of the same name elsewhere) but I think all the walrus had been
    killed off years ago and no one is allowed on it except Fish and Game guys
    checking on the seabirds etc.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, Aug 16, 2004
  6. Bill Hilton

    ECM Guest

    dy (Bill Hilton) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Wife and I were on St. Paul a couple of weeks ago and despite missing three
    > days of shooting due to rain and fog we got a few shots of puffins, foxes,
    > seals and other birds.
    >
    > Check it out at http://members.aol.com/hiltonfotography/pribilofs/murre.htm ...
    > some of the images are pretty big in pixels (over 800 x 800) but because
    > digital images are smoother and less noisy than film the file sizes in KB
    > aren't too bad (26 - 70 KB). Let me know if you see any problems.
    >
    > Bill

    Wonderful photos! Looks wet and cold, though....

    Peace!
    ECM

    ECM, Aug 17, 2004
  7. Bill Hilton