Digital/Film Combo Cameras

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Steven M. Scharf, Nov 23, 2003.

  1. Steven M. Scharf, Nov 23, 2003

  2. Steven M. Scharf

    Patrick Boch Guest

    Would be worthless(CMOS digital camera with 320 x 240 resolution)
    "Steven M. Scharf" <> wrote in message
    > I saw a Vivitar combination film/digital camera today at the Palace 'de

    Beef
    > where there was a National Geographic sale. Very strange.
    > http://www.vivitar.com/Products/hybrid/special.html . Is this the only

    such

    Patrick Boch, Nov 23, 2003

  3. Steven M. Scharf

    Brownie Guest

    "Patrick Boch" <> wrote in message
    > Would be worthless(CMOS digital camera with 320 x 240 resolution)

    Would be worthless anyway, why bring out a camera that doesn't operate with
    current OS's like XP. Must be an old model.

    Brownie, Nov 23, 2003
  4. Steven M. Scharf

    Mark Herring Guest

    Why?? What is the market?
    Especially, who needs a 320 x 240 digital image?

    On Sun, 23 Nov 2003 03:15:06 GMT, "Steven M. Scharf"
    <> wrote:

    >I saw a Vivitar combination film/digital camera today at the Palace 'de Beef
    >where there was a National Geographic sale. Very strange.
    >http://www.vivitar.com/Products/hybrid/special.html . Is this the only such
    >camera like this?

    **************************
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

    Mark Herring, Nov 23, 2003
  5. "Steven M. Scharf" <> wrote in message
    > I saw a Vivitar combination film/digital camera today at the Palace 'de

    Beef
    > where there was a National Geographic sale. Very strange.
    > http://www.vivitar.com/Products/hybrid/special.html . Is this the only

    such
    > camera like this?

    I think Kodak had a combo film/digital camera two or three years ago.

    Marvin Margoshes, Nov 23, 2003
  6. Marvin Margoshes wrote:

    > "Steven M. Scharf" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>I saw a Vivitar combination film/digital camera today at the Palace 'de

    > Beef
    >
    >>where there was a National Geographic sale. Very strange.
    >>http://www.vivitar.com/Products/hybrid/special.html . Is this the only

    > such
    >
    >>camera like this?
    >>

    > I think Kodak had a combo film/digital camera two or three years ago.

    If I'm not mistaken (and I certainly could be), that camera only allowed
    you to review the photo just taken so you could see if it came out which
    would then allow you to shoot another.

    Seemed like a stupid idea to me.

    Andrew McDonald, Nov 23, 2003