Digital Dead Phone from TW

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Nehmo Sergheyev, Aug 3, 2004.

  1. I have a VoIP phone from Time Warner or RoadRunner. .

    No dial tone all day. Nobody from Digital Phone is available at support
    desk. I just get the RR guys (Ref # 24605011). Even bought a new phone
    to see if my phone was the prob. Went down to the TW office and tried to
    report the prob there, but they referred me to the reg number
    816.743.2400 . Send email via
    https://www.twcdigitalphone.com/kansascity/customercare.htm but I think
    they expect you to wait a day for a response. Tech chat says they don't
    have the resources to help.

    I've been on hold now on a cellphone for over an hour and a half. I
    might as well give up

    Maybe I'll find out something tomorrow.

    --
    *********************
    * Nehmo Sergheyev *

    Nehmo Sergheyev, Aug 3, 2004

  2. Nehmo Sergheyev

    Bill G Guest

    On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 03:02:29 GMT, "Nehmo Sergheyev"
    <> wrote:

    >I have a VoIP phone from Time Warner or RoadRunner. .
    >
    > No dial tone all day. Nobody from Digital Phone is available at support
    >desk. I just get the RR guys (Ref # 24605011). Even bought a new phone
    >to see if my phone was the prob. Went down to the TW office and tried to
    >report the prob there, but they referred me to the reg number
    >816.743.2400 . Send email via
    >https://www.twcdigitalphone.com/kansascity/customercare.htm but I think
    >they expect you to wait a day for a response. Tech chat says they don't
    >have the resources to help.
    >

    >I've been on hold now on a cellphone for over an hour and a half. I
    >might as well give up
    >

    >Maybe I'll find out something tomorrow.

    The early adopters always take it in the shorts. Hang in there, and
    good luck.

    --
    Bill

    Give a man some fire and he will be warm for a day.
    Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

    Bill G, Aug 3, 2004

  3. I finally got in touch with a TW DP tech just after I posted, and I was
    just about to hang up (I was getting tired of hearing "Your call is
    important to us..."). I don't know what he did (if he did anything), but
    now it works.

    Nehmo Sergheyev, Aug 3, 2004
  4. Nehmo Sergheyev

    Proteus Guest

    Just why in hell would you add RR's phone service to your existing account?
    Do you really get that great of response when you call customer service
    about your cable or RR service being down??? I sure as hell don't. There
    is no way that I will add additional services to my account when I can't get
    decent responses from them with what I have now. Nice example, a nice
    little Saturday afternoon about 3 maybe 4 weeks ago, I tried to log on to
    the internet, no luck!! Thinking that my computer was playing tricks on me
    I rebooted it, nothing. I looked at my cable modem and voila, no data
    light!!! So I did a hard shut down (even turned my UPS off) and then turned
    everything back on (correctly and in proper sequence) and still no
    connection. Then I noticed someone else in the house tried to turn on the
    TV, and yes, you guessed it, no cable for the tv either. Well I got on the
    phone and called customer service and got speedy response after only a 15
    minute wait on hold. Yes they confirmed that there was a service outage in
    my area. Good they were working on it. But I thought I'd be a step ahead
    and ask if they were going to be proactive and give refunds for the outage
    period? Would you believe it, they told me I would have to call back once
    service was restored and request it then. I did not get mad at the little
    peon on the other end, I've been there and know that they are only allowed
    to do so much. So I asked if I could talk with a supervisor!! I'll just
    get somebody that can tell me yes!! Would you believe that there was not a
    supervisor available because of the outage. She said she'd give me name to
    a supervisor and they would call me back. Good thing I didn't try and hold
    my breath, because I never got that call and still haven't to this date.
    I'm not too worried because service was restored within a hour of me getting
    off the phone. But they promised a callback and did not deliver. They suck
    at customer service and this has been proven over and over again.

    Proteus, Aug 12, 2004
  5. Having escaped, in tact, from the Democratic Convention, "Proteus" <> inked:

    >Just why in hell would you add RR's phone service to your existing account?
    >Do you really get that great of response when you call customer service
    >about your cable or RR service being down??? I sure as hell don't.

    You OBVIOUSLY don't have SBC as your landline phone company!

    --

    The truth is out there,

    but it's not interesting enough for most people.

    Never anonymous Bud, Aug 12, 2004
  6. "Proteus" <> wrote in message

    <Snippity-snip-snip>

    > my area. Good they were working on it. But I thought I'd be a step

    ahead
    > and ask if they were going to be proactive and give refunds for the

    outage
    > period? Would you believe it, they told me I would have to call

    back once
    > service was restored and request it then. I did not get mad at the

    little
    > peon on the other end, I've been there and know that they are only

    allowed
    > to do so much. So I asked if I could talk with a supervisor!! I'll

    just
    > get somebody that can tell me yes!! Would you believe that there

    was not a
    > supervisor available because of the outage. She said she'd give me

    name to
    > a supervisor and they would call me back. Good thing I didn't try

    and hold
    > my breath, because I never got that call and still haven't to this

    date.
    > I'm not too worried because service was restored within a hour of me

    getting
    > off the phone. But they promised a callback and did not deliver.

    They suck
    > at customer service and this has been proven over and over again.

    This sounds like a performance issue, if you wouldn't happen to have
    the name of the person that you spoke with I would be more than happy
    to take it up with their supervisor. It is also possible that the
    person that you were speaking with was NHD.

    When was the outage, and I will get the credit placed on the account.

    --
    Brad
    HSS Tier 3

    Brad High Speed Tech Support, Aug 12, 2004
  7. Nehmo Sergheyev

    JohneP Guest

    Here is the real question, Bud.
    What if SBC told you it would be two weeks for a tech. to come out and
    service your line? With plenty of phone customers around they would be dead
    meat before you could hang up. Right?
    JohneP

    JohneP, Aug 12, 2004
  8. Having escaped, in tact, from the Democratic Convention, "JohneP" <> inked:

    >Here is the real question, Bud.
    >What if SBC told you it would be two weeks for a tech. to come out and
    >service your line? With plenty of phone customers around they would be dead
    >meat before you could hang up. Right?

    A) I've NEVER had Time-Warner/RoadRunner tell me
    anything CLOSE to that. Generally for problems
    it's same day, or at worst next day, and

    B) It's DAMNED hard to even GET to an SBC 'live person'
    unless you want to check billing.

    Never anonymous Bud, Aug 12, 2004