  1. Guest

    "Canon SD600 better than SD1000?",

    , Feb 28, 2007

  2. ray Guest

    On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 14:58:09 -0800, sylvia.abramovici wrote:

    > "Canon SD600 better than SD1000?",

    better for what?

    ray, Feb 28, 2007

  3. wrote:
    > "Canon SD600 better than SD1000?",

    Define what you believe makes a camera better. I would guess that what
    is the best camera best for me is not going to be best for you.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia 's Muire duit

    Joseph Meehan, Mar 1, 2007
  4. "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message

    > Dia 's Muire duit

    Just curious: Is that Irish for 26 + 6 = 1 ?

    Neil Harrington, Mar 1, 2007
  5. ASAAR Guest

    On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 19:43:13 -0500, Joseph Meehan wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> "Canon SD600 better than SD1000?",

    > Define what you believe makes a camera better. I would guess that what
    > is the best camera best for me is not going to be best for you.

    "Well now, it's 400 better, innit?" -- Nigel Tufnel

    ASAAR, Mar 1, 2007
  6. Neil Harrington wrote:
    > "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Dia 's Muire duit

    > Just curious: Is that Irish for 26 + 6 = 1 ?

    Ireland is divided into two parts. Northern Ireland was mostly
    non-Catholic and the other 26 counties were primarily Catholic at the time
    Ireland finally gained independence from England. Today the north is nearly
    even. At the time of the division the "backward" south was not producing
    tax money for England, but the north was as it was industrialized. Today
    those industries are in decline and the south is an economic success. As you
    may guess the division was done based on a number of reasons political,
    religious and economic. Today those reasons have and are changes. The
    movement is towards on peaceful Ireland. Things are moving that direction,
    but slowly.

    I wish I could say that Iraq was nearly as close.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia 's Muire duit

    Joseph Meehan, Mar 1, 2007
  7. ASAAR Guest

    On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 07:17:22 -0500, Joseph Meehan wrote:

    > Today those reasons have and are changes. The movement is towards on
    > peaceful Ireland. Things are moving that direction, but slowly.
    >
    > I wish I could say that Iraq was nearly as close.

    Well, they do have a green zone. :)

    ASAAR, Mar 1, 2007
  8. "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message
    > Neil Harrington wrote:
    >> "Joseph Meehan" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> Dia 's Muire duit

    >> Just curious: Is that Irish for 26 + 6 = 1 ?

    > Ireland is divided into two parts. Northern Ireland was mostly
    > non-Catholic and the other 26 counties were primarily Catholic at the time
    > Ireland finally gained independence from England. Today the north is
    > nearly even. At the time of the division the "backward" south was not
    > producing tax money for England, but the north was as it was
    > industrialized. Today those industries are in decline and the south is an
    > economic success. As you may guess the division was done based on a number
    > of reasons political, religious and economic. Today those reasons have
    > and are changes. The movement is towards on peaceful Ireland. Things are
    > moving that direction, but slowly.
    >
    > I wish I could say that Iraq was nearly as close.
    >
    > --
    > Joseph Meehan
    >
    > Dia 's Muire duit

    Thanks, but I'm still curious about what "Dia 's Muire duit" means.

    Wasn't it you who used to use "26 + 6 = 1. It's Irish math" at the end of a
    post? Or do I have you confused with someone else?

    Neil

    Neil Harrington, Mar 2, 2007
  9. Neil Harrington wrote:

    >> --
    >> Joseph Meehan
    >>
    >> Dia 's Muire duit

    > Thanks, but I'm still curious about what "Dia 's Muire duit" means.
    >
    > Wasn't it you who used to use "26 + 6 = 1. It's Irish math" at the
    > end of a post? Or do I have you confused with someone else?
    >
    > Neil

    Sorry, I misread your question.

    It is a standard greeting, sort of like hello or goodbye. The basic
    translation is "May God and Mary be with you"

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia 's Muire duit

    Joseph Meehan, Mar 2, 2007