    When I try to find the answer to my question via Google I get too
    many hits on "rechargeable batteries".

    Thanks in advance...

    Vince, Aug 15, 2005

  2. Vince

    DaveJ Guest

    "Vince" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm looking for an older model digital camera that is rechargeable ---
    > not one that runs on rechargeable batteries. I think the Sony Mavica
    > (pictures stored on floppies) was rechargeable but does anyone know of
    > another one? (I need a brand and model no.)
    >
    > When I try to find the answer to my question via Google I get too
    > many hits on "rechargeable batteries".
    >
    > Thanks in advance...

    Not sure why - 'rechargeable' digicams have proprietry batteries anyway
    (will eventually die and you'll have have to buy a new/expensive
    replacement... I think the Mavica uses a Sony 'Stamina' Li-Ion). Only
    'advantage' with ese is that you can recharge without removing the batteries
    from the camera. If you really want one - Fuji MX1700 (1.5mpix), 4700 Zoom
    (2.4mpix?) use NP80 and F610 (6mpix) uses NP40. I find it just as easy to
    recharge AAs - Fuji A303/310 (3.2mpix) uses 2, 5 seconds to change and lasts
    (almost..!) forever.

    DaveJ, Aug 15, 2005

  3. Vince

    Guest

    >I'm looking for an older model digital camera that is rechargeable ---

    My old Sony DSC-S70 is, and it takes a proprietary "info Li-Ion"
    battery pack, which is charged in-situ via an external 'brick' that you
    plug into the camera.

    The later version DSC-S85 is similar. The Mavica, as you stated, is
    also a "rechargeable camera".

    -Chris

    , Aug 15, 2005
  4. Vince

    SMS Guest

    Vince wrote:
    > I'm looking for an older model digital camera that is rechargeable ---
    > not one that runs on rechargeable batteries. I think the Sony Mavica
    > (pictures stored on floppies) was rechargeable but does anyone know of
    > another one? (I need a brand and model no.)

    Canon G1, G2, and I think the G3, charged the battery in the camera (or
    could charge it out of the camera), but IIRC this capability was not
    present in the G5. It's quite a useful feature, too bad it's so uncommon
    now.

    Most cameras with docking stations will charge the batteries in-camera,
    these are too numerous to list.

    SMS, Aug 15, 2005
  5. Vince

    Vince Guest

    Thanks for all your replies. I will search Ebay for the cameras
    mentioned, and look into a "docking station", too.
    vince

    Vince, Aug 16, 2005
  6. Vince

    Skip M Guest

    "DaveJ" <> wrote in message

    > "Vince" <> wrote in message
    >> I'm looking for an older model digital camera that is rechargeable ---
    >> not one that runs on rechargeable batteries. I think the Sony Mavica
    >> (pictures stored on floppies) was rechargeable but does anyone know of
    >> another one? (I need a brand and model no.)
    >>
    >> When I try to find the answer to my question via Google I get too
    >> many hits on "rechargeable batteries".
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance...
    >>

    > Not sure why - 'rechargeable' digicams have proprietry batteries anyway
    > (will eventually die and you'll have have to buy a new/expensive
    > replacement... I think the Mavica uses a Sony 'Stamina' Li-Ion). Only
    > 'advantage' with ese is that you can recharge without removing the
    > batteries
    > from the camera.

    That sounds like a disadvantage to me. If your camera's batteries go dead,
    you have to wait until the whole unit is recharged do get more photos,
    rather than just dumping out the dead battery, replacing it and going on
    about your business...
    --
    Skip Middleton
    http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Skip M, Aug 16, 2005
  7. Vince

    DaveJ Guest

    "Skip M" <> wrote in message

    > "DaveJ" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Vince" <> wrote in message
    > >> I'm looking for an older model digital camera that is rechargeable ---
    > >> not one that runs on rechargeable batteries. I think the Sony Mavica
    > >> (pictures stored on floppies) was rechargeable but does anyone know of
    > >> another one? (I need a brand and model no.)
    > >>
    > >> When I try to find the answer to my question via Google I get too
    > >> many hits on "rechargeable batteries".
    > >>
    > >> Thanks in advance...
    > >>

    > > Not sure why - 'rechargeable' digicams have proprietry batteries anyway
    > > (will eventually die and you'll have have to buy a new/expensive
    > > replacement... I think the Mavica uses a Sony 'Stamina' Li-Ion). Only
    > > 'advantage' with ese is that you can recharge without removing the
    > > batteries
    > > from the camera.

    > That sounds like a disadvantage to me. If your camera's batteries go

    dead,
    > you have to wait until the whole unit is recharged do get more photos,
    > rather than just dumping out the dead battery, replacing it and going on
    > about your business...
    > --
    > Skip Middleton
    > http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    Exactly, which is why 'advantage' was quoted and the rest of my post
    recommended using rechargeable AAs....

    DaveJ, Aug 16, 2005
  8. Vince

    Skip M Guest

    "DaveJ" <> wrote in message

    > "Skip M" <> wrote in message
    >>

    >> That sounds like a disadvantage to me. If your camera's batteries go

    > dead,
    >> you have to wait until the whole unit is recharged do get more photos,
    >> rather than just dumping out the dead battery, replacing it and going on
    >> about your business...
    >> --
    >> Skip Middleton
    >> http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
    >>

    > Exactly, which is why 'advantage' was quoted and the rest of my post
    > recommended using rechargeable AAs....

    I'm sorry, I should have linked my reply to his post, rather than yours, but
    that "advantage" caught my eye.

    Skip M, Aug 17, 2005
  9. Vince

    DaveJ Guest

    "Skip M" <> wrote in message
    > "DaveJ" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Skip M" <> wrote in message
    > >>

    > >> That sounds like a disadvantage to me. If your camera's batteries go

    > > dead,
    > >> you have to wait until the whole unit is recharged do get more photos,
    > >> rather than just dumping out the dead battery, replacing it and going

    on
    > >> about your business...
    > >> --
    > >> Skip Middleton
    > >> http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com
    > >>

    > > Exactly, which is why 'advantage' was quoted and the rest of my post
    > > recommended using rechargeable AAs....
    > >

    > I'm sorry, I should have linked my reply to his post, rather than yours,

    but
    > that "advantage" caught my eye.
    >
    > --
    > Skip Middleton
    > http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

    No problem Skip. Incidentally, I've used both types without problems but
    always been in the position where I could recharge every couple of days.
    Even then, I usually pack the Fuji A303 as insurance (quite small for an AA
    powered camera).

    DaveJ, Aug 17, 2005