    What are people doing for this simple operation?

    Can anyone point me to an internet site that explains video for dummies?

    Thanks for your input
    d52, Jun 30, 2005

  2. d52

    Jim Guest

    "d52" <> wrote in message
    news:42c44a1d$0$13448$...
    > Hello,
    >
    > is there any digital camera that can record video at 25 fps for us TV PAL
    > viewers?

    You are surely discussing video cameras. Don't all of the manufacturers
    sell video cameras for the PAL market?
    Jim
    Jim, Jun 30, 2005

  3. d52

    d52 Guest

    I don't want a video camera, I want a photographic camera who thinks is also
    a video camera (small videos).

    I want all in one package, like a Canon S2 or a Sony H1, but with specs for
    the European users. The only important difference is the frame rate of 25
    fps versus 30 fps.

    I can not believe this is not a issue for anyone making DVDs, SVCDs or VCDs
    in PAL region. Is there a workaround?

    Thank for your input.

    d52, Jun 30, 2005
  4. d52

    d52, Jun 30, 2005
  5. d52

    Anna Daptor Guest

    "d52" <> wrote in message

    > I don't want a video camera, I want a photographic camera who thinks is
    > also
    > a video camera (small videos).
    >
    > I want all in one package, like a Canon S2 or a Sony H1, but with specs
    > for
    > the European users. The only important difference is the frame rate of 25
    > fps versus 30 fps.
    >
    > I can not believe this is not a issue for anyone making DVDs, SVCDs or
    > VCDs
    > in PAL region. Is there a workaround?
    >
    > Thank for your input.

    Most PAL DVD players can happily play NTSC discs as good as they play PAL
    discs.
    Anna Daptor, Jun 30, 2005
  6. d52

    d52 Guest

    OK it is a possibility.

    It is a trade off btw a little more frame rate and a much lower resolution.

    My intention was to capture 480x640 at 25 fps mjpeg with the camera rotated
    90 degrees and then transcode to svcd 480x576 at 25 fps mpeg2.

    Now I have to capture 640x480 30 fps mjpeg to obtain svcd 480x480 30 fps
    mpg2.

    To my view is a world of a difference for the worst.

    Maybe I could do the PAL resolution with the NTSC frame rate.

    What would happen? A slow video?

    Thanks for your input.

    d52, Jul 1, 2005
  7. d52

    Old Bugger Guest

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:38:19 +0100, "d52" <> wrote:

    >Hello,
    >
    >is there any digital camera that can record video at 25 fps for us TV PAL
    >viewers?
    >
    >I ask this because the transcoding from the video from the camera at 30 fps
    >to svcd pal at 25 fps is not fluid.
    >
    >What are people doing for this simple operation?
    >
    >Can anyone point me to an internet site that explains video for dummies?

    My old Fuji 602z can do 25fps so I imagine its' replacement, the Fuji 7000 can do it as well.
    Old Bugger, Jul 2, 2005
  8. d52

    d52 Guest

    That would be great. I am thinking of buying the S5500, there is no point in
    buying a 500 euro camera like canon S2 that doesn't do what I want, and the
    Fuji 7000 can also be a possibility. But seeing the camera review sites
    everybody says the same 30 fps for every Fuji. What is happening?

    d52, Jul 3, 2005