    howzabout this:
    http://www.ascent.co.nz/ProductSpecification.aspx?ItemID=119647

    any tips welcome.

    gimp, Jan 2, 2006

  2. gimp

    -=rjh=- Guest

    gimp wrote:
    > just got my new canon powershot A610 :) in terms of memory cards i don't
    > think the 16MB card it came with is gonna cut it... not having used
    > memory cards before will any card be compatible...? the canon uses
    > SD/MMC cards.
    >
    > howzabout this:
    > http://www.ascent.co.nz/ProductSpecification.aspx?ItemID=119647
    >
    > any tips welcome.

    16MB is a joke; I don't think you can even buy these now.

    SD is the way to go, but depending on your usage and if you will use the
    cards in other devices, you might want to consider higher speed cards
    (which are more expensive). Flashcards.co.nz recommend 50x cards for
    that model.

    Camera memory guide here:
    http://www.flashcards.co.nz/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_46&products_id=725

    3 different cards here:
    http://www.flashcards.co.nz/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_46&products_id=279
    http://www.flashcards.co.nz/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_46&products_id=291
    http://www.flashcards.co.nz/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=24_46&products_id=573

    Flashcards' service is excellent, and their prices include free delivery
    on purchases over $100.00. Prices are dropping all the time so little
    point in buying more than you need.

    They also currently stock the Philips PhotoFrame, which is a really nice
    bit of kit - my partner got one for Christmas, and it is really
    impressive.

    HTH

    -=rjh=-, Jan 2, 2006

  3. gimp

    gimp Guest

    awesome - thanks for that info, this camera will shoot video at PAL res
    so the extra speed on those cards would be sweet, cheers :)

    gimp, Jan 3, 2006
  4. gimp

    ~misfit~ Guest

    gimp wrote:
    > just got my new canon powershot A610 :) in terms of memory cards i
    > don't think the 16MB card it came with is gonna cut it... not having
    > used memory cards before will any card be compatible...? the canon
    > uses SD/MMC cards.
    >
    > howzabout this:
    > http://www.ascent.co.nz/ProductSpecification.aspx?ItemID=119647
    >
    > any tips welcome.

    Wow! They still come with 16MB cards? My Powershot A70 came with a 16MB card
    that I didn't even use, I went straight to DSE and got a 64MB. Then about 6
    months or so ago I bought a 512MB for the same price I paid for the 64MB
    (Around $60).

    Unbelievable that they're still supplied with 16MB. That would have taken
    about 10 pics with my camera, if that, in .jpg format. The 512 is great, it
    lasts about as long as a fully charged set of 4 NiMH 2,200mA/h AA batteries.
    That's a lot of pics.

    Mine takes CF cards though, not SD.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jan 3, 2006
  5. gimp

    Ian Jenkins Guest

    If you are interested an excellent range of NiMH rechargeable batteries,
    either Sanyo or Maha brands is sold by Ecobatteries.
    ecobatteries.co.nz

    Ian Jenkins, Jan 3, 2006
  6. gimp

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Ian Jenkins wrote:
    > If you are interested an excellent range of NiMH rechargeable
    > batteries, either Sanyo or Maha brands is sold by Ecobatteries.
    > ecobatteries.co.nz

    That's where I got mine from. :)
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Jan 3, 2006
  7. gimp

    XP Guest

    XP, Jan 3, 2006
  8. On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 11:44:06 +1300, gimp <> wrote:

    >just got my new canon powershot A610 :) in terms of memory cards i don't
    >think the 16MB card it came with is gonna cut it... not having used
    >memory cards before will any card be compatible...? the canon uses
    >SD/MMC cards.
    >
    >howzabout this:
    >http://www.ascent.co.nz/ProductSpecification.aspx?ItemID=119647
    >
    >any tips welcome.

    I got a 1 gig CF for £26 here in the UK from amazon - they have
    better prices then ebay
    get at least 512 megs, you'll just find yourself buying a larger card
    next year...

    Images of home (NZ)
    http://www.titahi-bay.co.nz/home
    What we are up to in the UK
    http://www.titahi-bay.co.nz

    John in Surrey, Jan 3, 2006
  9. gimp

    Brendan Guest

    On Tue, 03 Jan 2006 12:39:22 +1300, -=rjh=- wrote:

    > Flashcards' service is excellent

    Have been known to spam though.

    --

    .... Brendan

    #9501 +(6910)- [X]

    <AgentSmith> It seems you have been leading two lives, Mr. Anderson. In one
    life, you are Robert Anderson, assistant cook at a Jack in the Box in
    Mesquite....in the other...you go by the chat alias "Randerson"...spreading
    homosexual propoganda, lying, and being a generally immature pest...
    <AgentSmith> One of these...has a future.
    <Randerson> LMAO OMFG where's the phone, I have to tell Dean about this
    <AgentSmith> How can you use the phone when you cannot...speak?
    *** AgentSmith sets mode: +m

    Note: All my comments are copyright 3/01/2006 2:12:33 p.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Jan 3, 2006
  10. gimp

    Robert Cooze Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > gimp wrote:
    >
    >>just got my new canon powershot A610 :) in terms of memory cards i
    >>don't think the 16MB card it came with is gonna cut it... not having
    >>used memory cards before will any card be compatible...? the canon
    >>uses SD/MMC cards.
    >>
    >>howzabout this:
    >>http://www.ascent.co.nz/ProductSpecification.aspx?ItemID=119647
    >>
    >>any tips welcome.

    > Wow! They still come with 16MB cards? My Powershot A70 came with a 16MB card
    > that I didn't even use, I went straight to DSE and got a 64MB. Then about 6
    > months or so ago I bought a 512MB for the same price I paid for the 64MB
    > (Around $60).
    >
    > Unbelievable that they're still supplied with 16MB. That would have taken
    > about 10 pics with my camera, if that, in .jpg format. The 512 is great, it
    > lasts about as long as a fully charged set of 4 NiMH 2,200mA/h AA batteries.
    > That's a lot of pics.
    >
    > Mine takes CF cards though, not SD.

    Some of the newer camerars in raw mode cant be used with the 16 meg card
    end of story.

    Robert Cooze, Jan 3, 2006