    (practically) every table. Being able to take movies/ interviews,
    review pictures, print stuff on the spot, etc., would be really fun
    stuff to have. Any suggestions?

    Frank N. Ame, Aug 6, 2003

  2. Frank N. Ame

    Alan Brennan Guest

    On 5 Aug 2003 22:30:25 -0700
    Frank N. Ame ( )
    Wrote

    > I've got a question, and this seems like the right place to come for
    > answers. After seeing the recent news announcement about "disposable"
    > digital cameras, it got me thinking. I think it would be a really good
    > way to have guests take pictures at my brothers wedding, because it's
    > so much easier to organize. But the digital cameras are rather lame,
    > and don't really add much to the regular disposables-- like, you can't
    > review the pictures, download them, etc. Is there any service that
    > rents digital cameras? My brother would probably get 10-15, enough for
    > (practically) every table. Being able to take movies/ interviews,
    > review pictures, print stuff on the spot, etc., would be really fun
    > stuff to have. Any suggestions?

    Given the size of the average wedding, if you put on the invitations for
    people to bring their digital cameras you would have at least 10-15
    present. At least one on every table, with a bit of juggling of seating
    arrangements. Have somebody with a PC present, with a card reader (the
    type that can read most of the usual formats)and get people to upload
    their pix onto it before they leave.

    Alan Brennan, Aug 6, 2003

  3. Frank N. Ame

    Alan Brennan Guest

    On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:57:10 +1200
    Alan Brennan ( y )
    Wrote

    > On 5 Aug 2003 22:30:25 -0700
    > Frank N. Ame ( )
    > Wrote
    >
    > > I've got a question, and this seems like the right place to come for
    > > answers. After seeing the recent news announcement about "disposable"
    > > digital cameras, it got me thinking. I think it would be a really good
    > > way to have guests take pictures at my brothers wedding, because it's
    > > so much easier to organize. But the digital cameras are rather lame,
    > > and don't really add much to the regular disposables-- like, you can't
    > > review the pictures, download them, etc. Is there any service that
    > > rents digital cameras? My brother would probably get 10-15, enough for
    > > (practically) every table. Being able to take movies/ interviews,
    > > review pictures, print stuff on the spot, etc., would be really fun
    > > stuff to have. Any suggestions?
    > >

    > Given the size of the average wedding, if you put on the invitations for
    > people to bring their digital cameras you would have at least 10-15
    > present. At least one on every table, with a bit of juggling of seating
    > arrangements. Have somebody with a PC present, with a card reader (the
    > type that can read most of the usual formats)and get people to upload
    > their pix onto it before they leave.

    Oh yes, and have a digital projector so movie clips and stills could be
    projected onto a screen during the evening.

    Alan Brennan, Aug 6, 2003
  4. Frank N. Ame

    Matt Arnold Guest

    Getting them all back in again may be fun. We did a similar thing with film
    cameras and one never came back.

    It was probably an honest mistake by someone who didn't understand they
    weren't for keeps, or possibly got binned with rubbish (or maybe one of the
    waiters).

    I'd be interested to see what they would charge for replacements / damaged
    goods (not everyone appreciates the delicate nature of digital cameras
    compared to cheapy film cameras).

    Cheers,
    Matt Arnold

    Matt Arnold, Aug 6, 2003
  5. Frank N. Ame

    Jacob Rome Guest

    Thanks for the hints Alan. I pretty sure my brother's fiance wants a
    more elegant solution-- she really wants the "perfect day," and
    re-arranging cameras among the guests does not quite qualify. But I
    like the idea of having the card reader and projector, that makes a
    lot of sense.

    Jacob Rome, Aug 6, 2003
  6. Frank N. Ame

    Jacob Rome Guest

    That's a good point, I'll watch out for that. I'm hoping none of his
    guests would steal one on purpose, I guess that's the risk he'd have
    to be willing to run. The damage thing is a more diffifult
    question--do they really break that easy? Does any one camera have a
    really go or bad reputation?

    Jacob Rome, Aug 6, 2003
  7. > Getting them all back in again may be fun. We did a similar thing with film
    > cameras and one never came back.

    Just look at the pictures and each series will not have the photographer in his
    set. They may have other photographers pictured. Looking at all the
    pictures could tell you who's camera didn't make it back.

    Jon Wordsworth, Aug 6, 2003