Digital Cameras and 64 Bit Processors

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?RWFzeWdvaW5nMjE=?=, Sep 26, 2005.

  1. Do digital cameras have to be 64-Bit specific to interface with Windows XP
    Professional X64 Edition?

    =?Utf-8?B?RWFzeWdvaW5nMjE=?=, Sep 26, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?RWFzeWdvaW5nMjE=?=

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Easygoing.

    No.

    My Nikon Coolpix 3200 works fine with WinXP Pro x64 - and with the Vista
    betas, both 32-bit and 64-bit.

    But maybe I'm not understanding your question. What do you mean by
    "interface with"? All I'm doing is transferring pictures from my camera to
    my desktop computer using the USB cable. Or, more often, by removing the SD
    card from the camera and putting it into my SanDisk USB card reader. If you
    have an exotic camera, or if you want to do more complex "interfacing", then
    my answer might not fit your question. In that case, remember the ground
    rules: Microsoft writes Windows; hardware makers write the drivers that
    enable their products to work with Windows. In other words, ask the maker
    of your camera if it works with WinXP x64.

    RC
    --
    R. C. White, CPA
    San Marcos, TX