Digital Camera

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gordon, Jul 16, 2003.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:10:58 +1200, Bobs wrote:

    > I wish to buy a digital camera. What is a decent one at a decent price?
    > Is a 2 megapixel cam good enough, or do I need 3?


    Good enuff for what? All other things being equal the more pixels the
    better, and the thinner ones wallet.

    The Canon G3 has received good reviews, the ones I have read.

    >
    > First to reply will be removed from my shit list. If you are female you
    > may request sexual favours presuming you're not some pox infested gutter
    > skank. Thanks very much.


    And shall we meet in the McDonalds where you spotted breast feeding in
    action. ;-)
    Gordon, Jul 16, 2003
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Gordon

    Bobs Guest

    I wish to buy a digital camera. What is a decent one at a decent price?
    Is a 2 megapixel cam good enough, or do I need 3?

    First to reply will be removed from my shit list. If you are female you
    may request sexual favours presuming you're not some pox infested gutter
    skank. Thanks very much.

    --
    "Hippyism is like a fungus that attaches itself to your balls. First
    it's almost amusing, secondly it becomes a tad annoying, thirdly it
    becomes a fully fledged infection that results in a complete scrotum
    wide malfunction. If you want society to continue to reproduce and
    flourish, Hippyism and its scare tactics must be destroyed." - Bobs,
    July 7 2003.

    (see Bobs' Book of Quotes)
    Bobs, Jul 16, 2003
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Gordon

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Bobs" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I wish to buy a digital camera. What is a decent one at a decent price?
    > Is a 2 megapixel cam good enough, or do I need 3?


    Go for 3 megs, you won't pay that much more these days.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jul 16, 2003
    #3
  4. Gordon

    Rob Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:10:41 +1200, "Gordon" <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:10:58 +1200, Bobs wrote:
    >
    >> I wish to buy a digital camera. What is a decent one at a decent price?
    >> Is a 2 megapixel cam good enough, or do I need 3?

    >
    >Good enuff for what? All other things being equal the more pixels the
    >better, and the thinner ones wallet.
    >
    >The Canon G3 has received good reviews, the ones I have read.
    >
    >>
    >> First to reply will be removed from my shit list. If you are female you
    >> may request sexual favours presuming you're not some pox infested gutter
    >> skank. Thanks very much.

    >
    >And shall we meet in the McDonalds where you spotted breast feeding in
    >action. ;-)


    You'd be better with the canon G5. 5 MP, and is sexy black.
    Rob, Jul 16, 2003
    #4
  5. Gordon

    RK Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    news:p...
    > On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:10:58 +1200, Bobs wrote:
    >
    > > I wish to buy a digital camera. What is a decent one at a decent price?
    > > Is a 2 megapixel cam good enough, or do I need 3?

    >
    > Good enuff for what? All other things being equal the more pixels the
    > better, and the thinner ones wallet.
    >
    > The Canon G3 has received good reviews, the ones I have read.
    >


    A collegue as a G3 and it takes absolutely amazing pictures. But he is a bit
    of an amateur photographer and I got the impression that the camera had a
    lot of features that he was able to exploit - but that someone wanting more
    point and shoot capabilities may find frustrating.

    That being said - I took a number of photos with it that I was happy with
    and I found it quite easy to use.
    RK, Jul 16, 2003
    #5
  6. Gordon

    Brian Harmer Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:41:31 +1200, Rob <>
    wrote:

    >On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:10:41 +1200, "Gordon" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:10:58 +1200, Bobs wrote:
    >>
    >>> I wish to buy a digital camera. What is a decent one at a decent price?
    >>> Is a 2 megapixel cam good enough, or do I need 3?

    >>
    >>Good enuff for what? All other things being equal the more pixels the
    >>better, and the thinner ones wallet.
    >>
    >>The Canon G3 has received good reviews, the ones I have read.


    Agreed. though its optical zoom is modest.

    >>> First to reply will be removed from my shit list. If you are female you
    >>> may request sexual favours presuming you're not some pox infested gutter
    >>> skank. Thanks very much.


    >>And shall we meet in the McDonalds where you spotted breast feeding in
    >>action. ;-)


    >You'd be better with the canon G5. 5 MP, and is sexy black.


    You need to decide a number of things;
    How much are you willing to spend. Digital cameras range from about
    $150 to $35,000 and upwards
    Do you want one that feels and looks like a camera or do you want a
    fashion accessory?
    How much zoom work do you plan to do? How much macro?
    How many pics do you want to take between uploads?
    What resolution.

    I wouldn't settle for less than 3 Megapixels if you plan to print
    photo quality images up to A4 size. More is better, but 3 is
    sufficient fr most non-professional purposes.

    And don't let anyone kid you that printing digital images is cheap.
    It's not.

    I recently chose the Fuji Finepix S602. I think the problem with these
    things is the frequency with which new models come along, and what a
    pain in the arse it is when the price drops by $400 three weeks after
    you buy :-(

    However, coming back to the core question, you first need to define
    decent price. The Nikon Coolpix 4500 would be high on my list of
    desirables ... now selling at under $1,500

    Have a look at http://www.epinions.com/Digital_Cameras
    http://www.dcresource.com/
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/DIGCAM01.HTM

    It's much better to read these damn things and other reviews BEFORE
    you part with the cash.

    What you get depends on what kind of photography you want to do. I
    wanted the biggest optical zoom I could find, combined with the
    biggest number of megapixels. I also wanted a camera that used
    conventional AA NiMH batteries rather than those darned proprietary
    moulded-in-a-case things that cost between $100 and $200 to replace.
    (My set of 4 NiMHs cost me $16 to replace).

    I went for a camera with a type 2 compact flash storage. Mine came
    bundled with a 256MB CF card, but if I had the need (and the money) I
    could put in 1GB microdrive!!!! If I set my camera on its middle
    quality setting (3.1 Megapixels) I can get 424 images on the card.
    It's a great camera, with really good zoom and fantastic macro
    capability as well as full video, sound etc. Recommend it to anyone
    and it is now down to $1299.

    The Canon G3 has some really nice features including a remote device
    that enables you to trigger the camera from a distance. Make sure that
    the camera you get has both an LCD screen for viewing, and a separate
    eyepiece viewfinder. The LCD can be a bugger to see in bright
    sunshine.


    Try them out in a shop. listen to their opinions. Then check on the
    web for real end-user reviews of the recommended camera before you
    buy.
    Brian Harmer, Jul 16, 2003
    #6
  7. Gordon

    Ian O Guest

    In article <>, Bobs <>
    wrote:

    > I wish to buy a digital camera. What is a decent one at a decent price?
    > Is a 2 megapixel cam good enough, or do I need 3?


    I'm recommending the Canon A60 (2Mp/$650) or A70 (3Mp/$740)(prices
    approx and dropping). I've combed back and forth through DPReview*
    cross-checking all the available models in the above price range and
    those two stand out as having almost every optional extra while still
    being able to be used as a point&shoot and taking great shots.

    Extra lenses, video out, NiMH batteries**, manual over-rides on focus,
    aperture, shutter, ISO & exposure, 3x optical zoom (ignore digital zoom)
    useful macro, wide range of presets, optical and digital viewfinder,
    remote operation, Special FX, self-illuminating for auto-focus,
    stitch-assist, etc etc. Very good bundled software at least for MacOSX.

    About the only things missing from these models would be Web-cam
    function, IR remote and time lapse (though I bet even I could write an
    Applescript that would allow the latter to be done with remote
    operation).

    You would find that a 2Mp camera is more than satisfactory for the vast
    majority of snapshots at the 6x4 size. 3Mp gives you some leeway in case
    you want to do some bigger blow-ups or cropping.

    You'll love digital photography, it's marvellously liberating. You can
    take all sorts of experiment shots without the nagging click=$1,
    click=$1, click=$1. Personally it has revived my interest in photography
    that has been dormant since the 60's.

    ~ Ian O

    *http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs.asp
    (particularly the Side-by-side feature)

    ** budget for at least two sets of NiMH's plus a charger. Digicams are
    tough on batteries
    Ian O, Jul 16, 2003
    #7
  8. Gordon

    Bobs Guest

    Brian Harmer wrote:
    > On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:41:31 +1200, Rob <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >
    >>On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:10:41 +1200, "Gordon" <>
    >>wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:10:58 +1200, Bobs wrote:
    >>>
    >>>
    >>>>I wish to buy a digital camera. What is a decent one at a decent price?
    >>>>Is a 2 megapixel cam good enough, or do I need 3?
    >>>
    >>>Good enuff for what? All other things being equal the more pixels the
    >>>better, and the thinner ones wallet.
    >>>
    >>>The Canon G3 has received good reviews, the ones I have read.

    >>

    >
    > Agreed. though its optical zoom is modest.
    >
    >
    >>>>First to reply will be removed from my shit list. If you are female you
    >>>>may request sexual favours presuming you're not some pox infested gutter
    >>>>skank. Thanks very much.
    >>>

    >
    >
    >>>And shall we meet in the McDonalds where you spotted breast feeding in
    >>>action. ;-)

    >>

    >
    >
    >>You'd be better with the canon G5. 5 MP, and is sexy black.

    >
    >
    > You need to decide a number of things;
    > How much are you willing to spend. Digital cameras range from about
    > $150 to $35,000 and upwards
    > Do you want one that feels and looks like a camera or do you want a
    > fashion accessory?
    > How much zoom work do you plan to do? How much macro?
    > How many pics do you want to take between uploads?
    > What resolution.
    >
    > I wouldn't settle for less than 3 Megapixels if you plan to print
    > photo quality images up to A4 size. More is better, but 3 is
    > sufficient fr most non-professional purposes.
    >
    > And don't let anyone kid you that printing digital images is cheap.
    > It's not.
    >
    > I recently chose the Fuji Finepix S602. I think the problem with these
    > things is the frequency with which new models come along, and what a
    > pain in the arse it is when the price drops by $400 three weeks after
    > you buy :-(
    >
    > However, coming back to the core question, you first need to define
    > decent price. The Nikon Coolpix 4500 would be high on my list of
    > desirables ... now selling at under $1,500
    >
    > Have a look at http://www.epinions.com/Digital_Cameras
    > http://www.dcresource.com/
    > http://www.steves-digicams.com/
    > http://www.imaging-resource.com/DIGCAM01.HTM
    >
    > It's much better to read these damn things and other reviews BEFORE
    > you part with the cash.
    >
    > What you get depends on what kind of photography you want to do. I
    > wanted the biggest optical zoom I could find, combined with the
    > biggest number of megapixels. I also wanted a camera that used
    > conventional AA NiMH batteries rather than those darned proprietary
    > moulded-in-a-case things that cost between $100 and $200 to replace.
    > (My set of 4 NiMHs cost me $16 to replace).


    I must confess that I don't know crap about photography. I am looking
    for something in the $400-1000 range perhaps. $1500 is too much for me
    and I wouldn't use most of the features anyway.

    What I want is good zooming, the ability to take a lot of photos at a
    decent resolution (I don't want to upload stuff every 40 photos), and
    something that doesn't have any proprietary crap in it.

    What about a Canon Powershot A70? Isn't that about $800?

    >
    > I went for a camera with a type 2 compact flash storage. Mine came
    > bundled with a 256MB CF card, but if I had the need (and the money) I
    > could put in 1GB microdrive!!!! If I set my camera on its middle
    > quality setting (3.1 Megapixels) I can get 424 images on the card.
    > It's a great camera, with really good zoom and fantastic macro
    > capability as well as full video, sound etc. Recommend it to anyone
    > and it is now down to $1299.
    >
    > The Canon G3 has some really nice features including a remote device
    > that enables you to trigger the camera from a distance. Make sure that
    > the camera you get has both an LCD screen for viewing, and a separate
    > eyepiece viewfinder. The LCD can be a bugger to see in bright
    > sunshine.
    >
    >
    > Try them out in a shop. listen to their opinions. Then check on the
    > web for real end-user reviews of the recommended camera before you
    > buy.



    --
    "Hippyism is like a fungus that attaches itself to your balls. First
    it's almost amusing, secondly it becomes a tad annoying, thirdly it
    becomes a fully fledged infection that results in a complete scrotum
    wide malfunction. If you want society to continue to reproduce and
    flourish, Hippyism and its scare tactics must be destroyed." - Bobs,
    July 7 2003.

    (see Bobs' Book of Quotes)
    Bobs, Jul 16, 2003
    #8
  9. Gordon

    colinco Guest

    In article <>, Brian Harmer
    wrote...
    > Agreed. though its optical zoom is modest.
    >

    If 4x doesn't do it, you should try moving closer.
    Results will be better :)
    colinco, Jul 16, 2003
    #9
  10. Gordon

    colinco Guest

    In article <>, Bobs wrote...
    > What about a Canon Powershot A70? Isn't that about $800?
    >

    Good camera. About $740 in some places but you will need more memory(only
    16M std), NiMH batteries and a charger if you don't have one already.
    colinco, Jul 16, 2003
    #10
  11. Gordon

    Rob Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:24:27 +1200, "RK" <> wrote:

    >
    >"Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >news:p...
    >> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:10:58 +1200, Bobs wrote:
    >>
    >> > I wish to buy a digital camera. What is a decent one at a decent price?
    >> > Is a 2 megapixel cam good enough, or do I need 3?

    >>
    >> Good enuff for what? All other things being equal the more pixels the
    >> better, and the thinner ones wallet.
    >>
    >> The Canon G3 has received good reviews, the ones I have read.
    >>

    >
    >A collegue as a G3 and it takes absolutely amazing pictures. But he is a bit
    >of an amateur photographer and I got the impression that the camera had a
    >lot of features that he was able to exploit - but that someone wanting more
    >point and shoot capabilities may find frustrating.
    >
    >That being said - I took a number of photos with it that I was happy with
    >and I found it quite easy to use.
    >


    The G5, the G3's replacement, is an amazing camera. Flip out screen,
    remote, can be used as a point and click, or as a professional type
    camera with full manual override.

    The other option in this range, is the sony v1, but its features are
    quite limited compared to the g5
    Rob, Jul 16, 2003
    #11
  12. Gordon

    Col^ Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:32:30 +1200, Bobs <> wrote:

    >What about a Canon Powershot A70? Isn't that about $800?


    look at the Fuji Finepix 304. About 900 bucks. 6 X optical zoom. NMh batteries
    (amazing life) .

    --
    Col

    Don't use Viagra or it'll be hard on you later.
    Col^, Jul 16, 2003
    #12
  13. Gordon

    David Pears Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 20:32:30 +1200, Bobs <> wrote:

    >What about a Canon Powershot A70? Isn't that about $800?


    All my cameras are Canons. I wouldn't use anything else. The only
    problems I've ever had were a left inflicted smashed LCD, which didn't
    stop the camera working and which I recently had fixed after ten years
    broken and in use. And a bit of the camera melting, which is something
    we have to put up with here.

    I would concentrate less on megapixels. And more of lens quality. A
    lot of the compact camera lenses look small and mean. I'd give up a
    few pixels to get a nice wide bit of glass on the front of the camera.

    David
    David Pears, Jul 16, 2003
    #13
  14. "Rob" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:51:18 +1200, "Nicholas Sherlock"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >
    > >Especially the cameras that appear to offer 4 (Or whatever..) megapixel,

    but
    > >when you look closer you realize that their sensor is only half that, and
    > >the camera is simply interpolating to get a larger image.
    > >
    > >Cheers,

    > Fuji has one that does that, 6MP from a 3MP sensor. However they are
    > supposed to do a really good job of it, from what steves digicams
    > says.


    If it's only getting 3MP of data, then you could do the exact same job when
    you get back to your computer with the right software, and not have to have
    a file that's twice as large clogging up your camera. This doesn't apply if
    the camera is using data with greater than 8 bits per colour channel - which
    it probably does - of course. If it had 16 bits per channel, then basically
    "Stretching" the image and saving it with the standard 8 bits per channel
    could definately see an increase in quality. But most of the high end
    cameras can save files in their "RAW" format, which offers 16 bits per
    channel, with a lossless compression format, and is stored without any
    camera modifications like tweaking of colour ranges etc so you don't loose
    any information. If I was looking for a camera, I'd go with one that can
    save to RAW.

    Cheers,
    Nicholas Sherlock
    Nicholas Sherlock, Jul 16, 2003
    #14
  15. Gordon

    MarkH Guest

    Rob <> wrote in
    news::

    > On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:51:18 +1200, "Nicholas Sherlock"
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>Especially the cameras that appear to offer 4 (Or whatever..)
    >>megapixel, but when you look closer you realize that their sensor is
    >>only half that, and the camera is simply interpolating to get a larger
    >>image.
    >>
    >>Cheers,

    > Fuji has one that does that, 6MP from a 3MP sensor. However they are
    > supposed to do a really good job of it, from what steves digicams
    > says.


    Well that is not what dpreview.com says. The Fujifilm SuperCCD does
    produce results at the top of the class they are in. i.e. The 3MP sensor
    gives better resolution than almost any other 3MP sensor. What it doesn’t
    do is beat the 4MP sensors from other manufacturers.

    Having said that, the Fujifilm digital cameras are actually quite good.



    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    See my pics at http://homepages.ihug.co.nz/~markh/
    "There are 10 types of people, those that
    understand binary and those that don't"
    MarkH, Jul 16, 2003
    #15
  16. On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:50:30 +1200, Rob <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:24:27 +1200, "RK" <> wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>"Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >>news:p...
    >>> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:10:58 +1200, Bobs wrote:
    >>>
    >>> > I wish to buy a digital camera. What is a decent one at a decent price?
    >>> > Is a 2 megapixel cam good enough, or do I need 3?
    >>>
    >>> Good enuff for what? All other things being equal the more pixels the
    >>> better, and the thinner ones wallet.
    >>>
    >>> The Canon G3 has received good reviews, the ones I have read.
    >>>

    >>
    >>A collegue as a G3 and it takes absolutely amazing pictures. But he is a bit
    >>of an amateur photographer and I got the impression that the camera had a
    >>lot of features that he was able to exploit - but that someone wanting more
    >>point and shoot capabilities may find frustrating.
    >>
    >>That being said - I took a number of photos with it that I was happy with
    >>and I found it quite easy to use.
    >>

    >
    >The G5, the G3's replacement, is an amazing camera. Flip out screen,
    >remote, can be used as a point and click, or as a professional type
    >camera with full manual override.
    >
    >The other option in this range, is the sony v1, but its features are
    >quite limited compared to the g5
    >




    Funny how the V1 get better reviews..
    Master Tech ©, Jul 16, 2003
    #16
  17. Gordon

    Brian Harmer Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:50:30 +1200, Rob <>
    wrote:


    >The G5, the G3's replacement, is an amazing camera. Flip out screen,
    >remote, can be used as a point and click, or as a professional type
    >camera with full manual override.
    >
    >The other option in this range, is the sony v1, but its features are
    >quite limited compared to the g5



    Um ... the G3 has a flip out screen, and is also in what the American
    magazines call the "prosumer" class. I think the G5 is undoubtedly an
    upgrade, but the G3 is pretty swept up too, and should be available at
    good prices now.
    Brian Harmer, Jul 16, 2003
    #17
  18. Gordon

    Rob Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:30:18 +1200, Master Tech ©
    <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:50:30 +1200, Rob <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:24:27 +1200, "RK" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>
    >>>"Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >>>news:p...
    >>>> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:10:58 +1200, Bobs wrote:
    >>>>
    >>>> > I wish to buy a digital camera. What is a decent one at a decent price?
    >>>> > Is a 2 megapixel cam good enough, or do I need 3?
    >>>>
    >>>> Good enuff for what? All other things being equal the more pixels the
    >>>> better, and the thinner ones wallet.
    >>>>
    >>>> The Canon G3 has received good reviews, the ones I have read.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>A collegue as a G3 and it takes absolutely amazing pictures. But he is a bit
    >>>of an amateur photographer and I got the impression that the camera had a
    >>>lot of features that he was able to exploit - but that someone wanting more
    >>>point and shoot capabilities may find frustrating.
    >>>
    >>>That being said - I took a number of photos with it that I was happy with
    >>>and I found it quite easy to use.
    >>>

    >>
    >>The G5, the G3's replacement, is an amazing camera. Flip out screen,
    >>remote, can be used as a point and click, or as a professional type
    >>camera with full manual override.
    >>
    >>The other option in this range, is the sony v1, but its features are
    >>quite limited compared to the g5
    >>

    >
    >
    >
    >Funny how the V1 get better reviews..
    >


    The reviews for the sony v1 are quite strange, and it makes me believe
    their could be a little money changing hands. When I tried it out, it
    was quite difficult to hold, and felt a little cheap. It isn't small,
    but it also isn't big, it is one of those uncomfortable sized cameras.
    If the Canon was cheaper, it would beat the sony on dpreviews reviews.
    I think the canon certainly takes better images, and that is what
    counts at the end of the day. Also sony uses the more expensive memory
    stick, so you are paying sony taxes if you go for the sony.
    Rob, Jul 16, 2003
    #18
  19. Gordon

    Dodger Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message
    news:eek:...
    > How are the batteries selling :)
    > Personally I like the G series of canons cameras, infact he could pick
    > up a G2 (4MP) for about 1k if he shopped around. The batteries in the
    > G series are just about the longest lasting in the market (approx 400
    > shots), so almost no need for a second battery.


    Yep, the batteries in my G2 last for ages.
    Overall a great Cam
    Dodger, Jul 16, 2003
    #19
  20. On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 23:17:30 +1200, Rob <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 22:30:18 +1200, Master Tech ©
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 21:50:30 +1200, Rob <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 19:24:27 +1200, "RK" <> wrote:
    >>>
    >>>>
    >>>>"Gordon" <> wrote in message
    >>>>news:p...
    >>>>> On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 18:10:58 +1200, Bobs wrote:
    >>>>>
    >>>>> > I wish to buy a digital camera. What is a decent one at a decent price?
    >>>>> > Is a 2 megapixel cam good enough, or do I need 3?
    >>>>>
    >>>>> Good enuff for what? All other things being equal the more pixels the
    >>>>> better, and the thinner ones wallet.
    >>>>>
    >>>>> The Canon G3 has received good reviews, the ones I have read.
    >>>>>
    >>>>
    >>>>A collegue as a G3 and it takes absolutely amazing pictures. But he is a bit
    >>>>of an amateur photographer and I got the impression that the camera had a
    >>>>lot of features that he was able to exploit - but that someone wanting more
    >>>>point and shoot capabilities may find frustrating.
    >>>>
    >>>>That being said - I took a number of photos with it that I was happy with
    >>>>and I found it quite easy to use.
    >>>>
    >>>
    >>>The G5, the G3's replacement, is an amazing camera. Flip out screen,
    >>>remote, can be used as a point and click, or as a professional type
    >>>camera with full manual override.
    >>>
    >>>The other option in this range, is the sony v1, but its features are
    >>>quite limited compared to the g5
    >>>

    >>
    >>
    >>
    >>Funny how the V1 get better reviews..
    >>

    >
    >The reviews for the sony v1 are quite strange, and it makes me believe
    >their could be a little money changing hands. When I tried it out, it
    >was quite difficult to hold, and felt a little cheap. It isn't small,
    >but it also isn't big, it is one of those uncomfortable sized cameras.
    >If the Canon was cheaper, it would beat the sony on dpreviews reviews.
    >I think the canon certainly takes better images, and that is what
    >counts at the end of the day. Also sony uses the more expensive memory
    >stick, so you are paying sony taxes if you go for the sony.




    The Transcend Mem Sticks are not that much dearer and you get a 2 year
    warrantee..
    Master Tech ©, Jul 16, 2003
    #20
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. jim
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    914
    Patch
    May 20, 2004
  2. zxcvar
    Replies:
    4
    Views:
    1,103
  3. Hellenic Mensa
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    424
    John McWilliams
    Aug 30, 2004
  4. Replies:
    6
    Views:
    376
    Larry
    Oct 28, 2004
  5. Royluo
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    675
    Royluo
    Jul 28, 2007
Loading...

Share This Page