    eight months old.

    Any experience with having digitals repaired? Any suggestions about
    who to send them to?
    Tony Cooper, Jul 31, 2004

  2. Tony Cooper

    Guy Scharf Guest

    Tony Cooper <> wrote:

    > My Nikon Coolpix 3100 has decided not to turn on. The lens
    > doesn't open, the LCD doesn't open, no whirring, clicking or sound
    > or sight of life. The CRV3 battery has been replaced with a brand
    > new one. There's no sign of corrosion in the battery box. It's
    > not been dropped or immersed in water.
    >
    > In the old days, on the rare occasion when a SLR would
    > malfunction, it was taken to a camera shop and repaired. With
    > electronic things, though, it seems it better to replace rather
    > than repair. My 3100, though, looks like it's right out of the
    > box even though it's six or eight months old.
    >
    > Any experience with having digitals repaired? Any suggestions
    > about who to send them to?

    How long is the warranty on the 3100? If still under warranty, send it
    to Nikon for repair under warranty.

    If the warranty has expired, did you buy it with a Visa or MasterCard
    that includes an automatic 1 year warranty extension?

    Even if no warranty available, you can call Nikon and get an estimate
    on the repair cost.

    Guy
    Guy Scharf, Jul 31, 2004

  3. Tony Cooper

    F. D. Lewis Guest

    "Tony Cooper" <> wrote in message
    > My Nikon Coolpix 3100 has decided not to turn on.
    > . . .
    > Any experience with having digitals repaired? Any suggestions about
    > who to send them to?

    check the Nikon website. that will give you the directions for repair.
    I've done this and Nikon is quite prompt and good at this. first they'll
    give you an estimate, then you authorize repairs.

    if the camera is under warranty, and at less than a year old it should be,
    there's no charge.
    F. D. Lewis, Jul 31, 2004