    there are tons of different software packages out there and I could be at
    this for a very long time if I have to waste time mucking around with
    software that is never going to do the job.
    mountain, Jul 26, 2005

  2. mountain

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "mountain" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm having trouble making a dvd from over 100 movie clips taken from a
    > still
    > digital camera that also does 30 second movie clips at 15fps at 640 x 480
    > resolution. I am using a canon a70 camera, I have a p3-550 computer
    > running
    > win98se and have nero, cyberlink powerproducer gold 2 and winavi. So far I
    > have not achieved total success, the problems seem to be that a standalone
    > dvdplayer does not like heaps of titles and so far the dvd's I have made
    > contain over 100 titles as each movie clip is counted as a new title, also
    > powerproducer will not allow me to apply brightness and contrast changes
    > the clips without crashing, this maybe due to my low spec pc. So I would
    > really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction with
    > what software to use and a very basic outline of what I have to do, I can
    > figure the rest out if given the basic path to take. I only need to author
    > basic dvd that meets the requirements I outlined above so what is the
    > easiest way to do this and what software will I use, as you can appreciate
    > there are tons of different software packages out there and I could be at
    > this for a very long time if I have to waste time mucking around with
    > software that is never going to do the job.

    The amount of RAM your PC has might make a difference. A much larger PC
    would be a big help.

    You should be able to join a lot of your clips using the merge option, as
    long as your PC lets you. Make some into SVCDs on CDRs and see how you go.
    You can get up to 40 minutes of SVCD on a CDR, might be easier on your
    system as well. With the quality level of your Canon movie clips making
    them into SVCDs that can play on most players will as good as what've you've
    got to begin with.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jul 26, 2005

  3. mountain

    mountain Guest

    > "mountain" <> wrote in message
    > > I'm having trouble making a dvd from over 100 movie clips taken from a
    > > still
    > > digital camera that also does 30 second movie clips at 15fps at 640 x

    480
    > > resolution. I am using a canon a70 camera, I have a p3-550 computer
    > > running
    > > win98se and have nero, cyberlink powerproducer gold 2 and winavi. So far

    > > have not achieved total success, the problems seem to be that a

    standalone
    > > dvdplayer does not like heaps of titles and so far the dvd's I have made
    > > contain over 100 titles as each movie clip is counted as a new title,

    also
    > > powerproducer will not allow me to apply brightness and contrast changes
    > > the clips without crashing, this maybe due to my low spec pc. So I would
    > > really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction

    with
    > > what software to use and a very basic outline of what I have to do, I

    can
    > > figure the rest out if given the basic path to take. I only need to

    author
    > > basic dvd that meets the requirements I outlined above so what is the
    > > easiest way to do this and what software will I use, as you can

    appreciate
    > > there are tons of different software packages out there and I could be

    at
    > > this for a very long time if I have to waste time mucking around with
    > > software that is never going to do the job.

    > The amount of RAM your PC has might make a difference. A much larger PC
    > would be a big help.
    >
    > You should be able to join a lot of your clips using the merge option, as
    > long as your PC lets you. Make some into SVCDs on CDRs and see how you

    go.
    > You can get up to 40 minutes of SVCD on a CDR, might be easier on your
    > system as well. With the quality level of your Canon movie clips making
    > them into SVCDs that can play on most players will as good as what've

    you've
    > got to begin with.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Thanks but I found that the merge option in powerproducer does not make the
    separate clips 1 title, they are still read as separate titles by the
    dvdplayer. My pc can handle making dvd video files and a cdr would not hold
    enough movie clips for my liking.
    mountain, Jul 26, 2005
  4. mountain

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "mountain" <> wrote in message

    > "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "mountain" <> wrote in message
    >> > I'm having trouble making a dvd from over 100 movie clips taken from a
    >> > still
    >> > digital camera that also does 30 second movie clips at 15fps at 640 x

    > 480
    >> > resolution. I am using a canon a70 camera, I have a p3-550 computer
    >> > running
    >> > win98se and have nero, cyberlink powerproducer gold 2 and winavi. So
    >> > far

    >> > have not achieved total success, the problems seem to be that a

    > standalone
    >> > dvdplayer does not like heaps of titles and so far the dvd's I have
    >> > made
    >> > contain over 100 titles as each movie clip is counted as a new title,

    > also
    >> > powerproducer will not allow me to apply brightness and contrast
    >> > changes
    >> > the clips without crashing, this maybe due to my low spec pc. So I
    >> > would
    >> > really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction

    > with
    >> > what software to use and a very basic outline of what I have to do, I

    > can
    >> > figure the rest out if given the basic path to take. I only need to

    > author
    >> > basic dvd that meets the requirements I outlined above so what is the
    >> > easiest way to do this and what software will I use, as you can

    > appreciate
    >> > there are tons of different software packages out there and I could be

    > at
    >> > this for a very long time if I have to waste time mucking around with
    >> > software that is never going to do the job.

    >> The amount of RAM your PC has might make a difference. A much larger PC
    >> would be a big help.
    >>
    >> You should be able to join a lot of your clips using the merge option, as
    >> long as your PC lets you. Make some into SVCDs on CDRs and see how you

    > go.
    >> You can get up to 40 minutes of SVCD on a CDR, might be easier on your
    >> system as well. With the quality level of your Canon movie clips making
    >> them into SVCDs that can play on most players will as good as what've

    > you've
    >> got to begin with.
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge
    >>

    > Thanks but I found that the merge option in powerproducer does not make
    > the
    > separate clips 1 title, they are still read as separate titles by the
    > dvdplayer. My pc can handle making dvd video files and a cdr would not
    > hold
    > enough movie clips for my liking.

    The Powerproducer I use merges the clips into one title. The clips are
    chapters under that title but played altogether as one long title.
    Your clips from your camera can't be very long for each clip. I've used
    movie mode on my Olympus still camera once, it doesn't even compare to a
    decent digital video camera.

    With your large DVD files since they should be over a GB, you'd probably be
    better with Win XP. Capturing the last 2 hours of the British Golf Open
    used almost 5GB. XP doesn't have a problem with large files.

    If you're that keen on taking so many poor quality video clips with your
    still camera, you'd be better to think about getting a reasonable video
    camera that really will give you good results. You can then record some
    decent size clips as well instead of having to bugger round with little 30
    second clips.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jul 26, 2005
  5. mountain

    mountain Guest

    > "mountain" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "mountain" <> wrote in message

    > > 480

    > > standalone

    > > also

    > > with

    > > can

    > > author

    > > appreciate

    be
    > > at
    > >>
    > >> The amount of RAM your PC has might make a difference. A much larger

    PC
    > >> would be a big help.
    > >>
    > >> You should be able to join a lot of your clips using the merge option,

    as
    > >> long as your PC lets you. Make some into SVCDs on CDRs and see how you

    > > go.
    > >> You can get up to 40 minutes of SVCD on a CDR, might be easier on your
    > >> system as well. With the quality level of your Canon movie clips

    making
    > >> them into SVCDs that can play on most players will as good as what've

    > > you've
    > >> got to begin with.
    > >>
    > >> E. Scrooge
    > >>

    > > Thanks but I found that the merge option in powerproducer does not make
    > > the
    > > separate clips 1 title, they are still read as separate titles by the
    > > dvdplayer. My pc can handle making dvd video files and a cdr would not
    > > hold
    > > enough movie clips for my liking.

    > The Powerproducer I use merges the clips into one title. The clips are
    > chapters under that title but played altogether as one long title.
    > Your clips from your camera can't be very long for each clip. I've used
    > movie mode on my Olympus still camera once, it doesn't even compare to a
    > decent digital video camera.
    >
    > With your large DVD files since they should be over a GB, you'd probably

    be
    > better with Win XP. Capturing the last 2 hours of the British Golf Open
    > used almost 5GB. XP doesn't have a problem with large files.
    >
    > If you're that keen on taking so many poor quality video clips with your
    > still camera, you'd be better to think about getting a reasonable video
    > camera that really will give you good results. You can then record some
    > decent size clips as well instead of having to bugger round with little 30
    > second clips.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    I did got confused with the title business, the merging did indeed make them
    1 title but the way in which the merging is done is quite cumbersome when
    you are dealing with a lot of movie clips and I still have problems with
    powerproducer crashing on applying contrast changes to clips and I think
    there are still other issues although until I get some advice on what else
    to use I will make do.
    I am very happy with the video quality, it is probably a lot better than
    what your olympus does by the sounds and the 30 second clips have their
    advantages.
    I have no need to go to xp at this stage, the 4GB limit is not an issue yet.
    mountain, Jul 26, 2005
  6. mountain

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "mountain" <> wrote in message

> [...]

    > > decent size clips as well instead of having to bugger round with little

    30
    > > second clips.
    > >
    > > E. Scrooge
    > >

    > I did got confused with the title business, the merging did indeed make

    them
    > 1 title but the way in which the merging is done is quite cumbersome when
    > you are dealing with a lot of movie clips and I still have problems with
    > powerproducer crashing on applying contrast changes to clips and I think
    > there are still other issues although until I get some advice on what else
    > to use I will make do.
    > I am very happy with the video quality, it is probably a lot better than
    > what your olympus does by the sounds and the 30 second clips have their
    > advantages.
    > I have no need to go to xp at this stage, the 4GB limit is not an issue

    The merging limit of 5 clips at a time is okay as well, as you can merge the
    next 4 clips right into the new larger clip that has just been created from
    the previous merger. Merging 12 clips isn't a problem with repeating of the
    5 clip limit.
    At 15 fps that's hardly good quality at all. It's a useless feature
    compared to the performance of a real video camera. The same can be said to
    a degree of real video cameras that can take low quality digital still
    pictures as well.

    You're doing what you can with what you've got which is fair enough, but it
    hardly suits your real video filming needs since you like to do so much of
    it with your still camera. If your PC can handle it Power Director could
    help you with your video editing. Virtual Dub most likely would but any
    sound would go out of sync after about 10 to 15 minutes.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jul 26, 2005
  7. mountain

    mountain Guest

> [...]

    from
    > the previous merger. Merging 12 clips isn't a problem with repeating of

    the
    > 5 clip limit.
    > At 15 fps that's hardly good quality at all. It's a useless feature
    > compared to the performance of a real video camera. The same can be said

    > a degree of real video cameras that can take low quality digital still
    > pictures as well.
    >
    > You're doing what you can with what you've got which is fair enough, but

    it
    > hardly suits your real video filming needs since you like to do so much of
    > it with your still camera. If your PC can handle it Power Director could
    > help you with your video editing. Virtual Dub most likely would but any
    > sound would go out of sync after about 10 to 15 minutes.

    I merged all the clips into 1 but the dvd will not play on my standalone lg
    dvdplayer, it says check the disc, the disc does play on a cheap woolies
    standalone dvdplayer so I wonder what it is that the lg does not like. The
    lg player is pretty standard where as the woolies dvdplayer is more compatib
    le than most other players. There is 89 chapters on the dvd I made, do you
    think this could be the problem.
    mountain, Jul 27, 2005
  8. mountain

    mountain Guest

    "mountain" <> wrote in message

> [...]

    > it
    > > hardly suits your real video filming needs since you like to do so much

    of
    > > it with your still camera. If your PC can handle it Power Director

    could
    > > help you with your video editing. Virtual Dub most likely would but any
    > > sound would go out of sync after about 10 to 15 minutes.
    > >
    > > E. Scrooge
    > >

    > I merged all the clips into 1 but the dvd will not play on my standalone

    lg
    > dvdplayer, it says check the disc, the disc does play on a cheap woolies
    > standalone dvdplayer so I wonder what it is that the lg does not like. The
    > lg player is pretty standard where as the woolies dvdplayer is more

    compatib
    > le than most other players. There is 89 chapters on the dvd I made, do you

    It is an authoring problem because the dvd+rw disc that I used has worked
    fine on the lg when copying existing dvd's.
    mountain, Jul 27, 2005
  9. mountain

    mountain Guest

    "mountain" <> wrote in message

> [...]

    > > > help you with your video editing. Virtual Dub most likely would but

    any
    > > > sound would go out of sync after about 10 to 15 minutes.
    > > >
    > > > E. Scrooge
    > > >

    > > I merged all the clips into 1 but the dvd will not play on my standalone

    > lg
    > > dvdplayer, it says check the disc, the disc does play on a cheap woolies
    > > standalone dvdplayer so I wonder what it is that the lg does not like.

    The
    > > lg player is pretty standard where as the woolies dvdplayer is more

    > compatib
    > > le than most other players. There is 89 chapters on the dvd I made, do

    you
    > > think this could be the problem.
    > >

    > It is an authoring problem because the dvd+rw disc that I used has worked
    > fine on the lg when copying existing dvd's.

    Instead of letting powerproducer burn the dvd I took the files that
    powerproducer produced and had nero burn them to dvd and now the dvd works
    fine in my lg player so all around it looks as though powerproducer is a
    pretty crap piece of software. I have far from come up with a satisfactory
    solution at this stage because to do what I have done I had to convert my
    digital camera movie files to dvd files using winavi and then use them to
    author a dvd using powerproducer that won't let me apply color and contrast
    changes without crashing and winavi could only convert 99 files at once and
    I need well over 100. All and all I maybe able to get the final result I
    want but it is a very messy and time consuming way of doing things, there
    must be a better way. What I don't understand is how I have not been able to
    find any help on the web for what I am trying to do, would have thought the
    task I am trying to complete was very common, what does everybody else do
    with the movie clips produced on their still digital cameras?
    mountain, Jul 27, 2005
  10. mountain

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "mountain" <> wrote in message

> [...]

    > it
    >> hardly suits your real video filming needs since you like to do so much
    >> of
    >> it with your still camera. If your PC can handle it Power Director could
    >> help you with your video editing. Virtual Dub most likely would but any
    >> sound would go out of sync after about 10 to 15 minutes.
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge
    >>

    > I merged all the clips into 1 but the dvd will not play on my standalone
    > lg
    > dvdplayer, it says check the disc, the disc does play on a cheap woolies
    > standalone dvdplayer so I wonder what it is that the lg does not like. The
    > lg player is pretty standard where as the woolies dvdplayer is more
    > compatib
    > le than most other players. There is 89 chapters on the dvd I made, do you

    That's a Hell of a lot of chapters. The cheap player being much like any
    computer DVD rom drive probably handles many more formats and isn't as fussy
    as your LG player is.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jul 27, 2005
  11. mountain

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "mountain" <> wrote in message

    > Instead of letting powerproducer burn the dvd I took the files that
    > powerproducer produced and had nero burn them to dvd and now the dvd works
    > fine in my lg player so all around it looks as though powerproducer is a
    > pretty crap piece of software. I have far from come up with a satisfactory
    > solution at this stage because to do what I have done I had to convert my
    > digital camera movie files to dvd files using winavi and then use them to
    > author a dvd using powerproducer that won't let me apply color and
    > contrast
    > changes without crashing and winavi could only convert 99 files at once
    > and
    > I need well over 100. All and all I maybe able to get the final result I
    > want but it is a very messy and time consuming way of doing things, there
    > must be a better way. What I don't understand is how I have not been able
    > find any help on the web for what I am trying to do, would have thought
    > the
    > task I am trying to complete was very common, what does everybody else do
    > with the movie clips produced on their still digital cameras?

    Most wouldn't even bother farting round with little poor quality clips from
    a still camera instead of using a decent video camera.
    Just look forward to upgrading your gear, and you can start with the
    computer considering what you're trying to do on it, and get one with at
    least 512 MB RAM.
    You're getting results but it is bloody hard work with what you've got, and
    must take a while to encode that lot.
    Still cameras are great for still pictures. When they make a video camera
    that can take quality 5MP still pictures as well, then you'll have have the
    best of both worlds all in the one camera.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jul 27, 2005
  12. mountain

    mountain Guest

    > "mountain" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Instead of letting powerproducer burn the dvd I took the files that
    > > powerproducer produced and had nero burn them to dvd and now the dvd

    works
    > > fine in my lg player so all around it looks as though powerproducer is a
    > > pretty crap piece of software. I have far from come up with a

    satisfactory
    > > solution at this stage because to do what I have done I had to convert

    my
    > > digital camera movie files to dvd files using winavi and then use them

    > > author a dvd using powerproducer that won't let me apply color and
    > > contrast
    > > changes without crashing and winavi could only convert 99 files at once
    > > and
    > > I need well over 100. All and all I maybe able to get the final result I
    > > want but it is a very messy and time consuming way of doing things,

    there
    > > must be a better way. What I don't understand is how I have not been

    able
    > > find any help on the web for what I am trying to do, would have thought
    > > the
    > > task I am trying to complete was very common, what does everybody else

    do
    > > with the movie clips produced on their still digital cameras?

    > Most wouldn't even bother farting round with little poor quality clips

    from
    > a still camera instead of using a decent video camera.
    > Just look forward to upgrading your gear, and you can start with the
    > computer considering what you're trying to do on it, and get one with at
    > least 512 MB RAM.
    > You're getting results but it is bloody hard work with what you've got,

    and
    > must take a while to encode that lot.
    > Still cameras are great for still pictures. When they make a video camera
    > that can take quality 5MP still pictures as well, then you'll have have

    the
    > best of both worlds all in the one camera.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    I think the record is stuck again scrooge.
    mountain, Jul 27, 2005
  13. In article <>, "mountain" <>
    wrote:

    >"E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "mountain" <> wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > Instead of letting powerproducer burn the dvd I took the files that
    >> > powerproducer produced and had nero burn them to dvd and now the dvd

    >works
    >> > fine in my lg player so all around it looks as though powerproducer is a
    >> > pretty crap piece of software. I have far from come up with a

    >satisfactory
    >> > solution at this stage because to do what I have done I had to convert

    >my
    >> > digital camera movie files to dvd files using winavi and then use them

    >> > author a dvd using powerproducer that won't let me apply color and
    >> > contrast
    >> > changes without crashing and winavi could only convert 99 files at once
    >> > and
    >> > I need well over 100. All and all I maybe able to get the final result I
    >> > want but it is a very messy and time consuming way of doing things,

    >there
    >> > must be a better way. What I don't understand is how I have not been

    >able
    >> > find any help on the web for what I am trying to do, would have thought
    >> > the
    >> > task I am trying to complete was very common, what does everybody else

    >do
    >> > with the movie clips produced on their still digital cameras?

    >> Most wouldn't even bother farting round with little poor quality clips

    >from
    >> a still camera instead of using a decent video camera.
    >> Just look forward to upgrading your gear, and you can start with the
    >> computer considering what you're trying to do on it, and get one with at
    >> least 512 MB RAM.
    >> You're getting results but it is bloody hard work with what you've got,

    >and
    >> must take a while to encode that lot.
    >> Still cameras are great for still pictures. When they make a video camera
    >> that can take quality 5MP still pictures as well, then you'll have have

    >the
    >> best of both worlds all in the one camera.
    >>

    >I think the record is stuck again scrooge.

    I would agree with Scrooge. You're spending a helluva lot of effort to
    achieve such mediocre results that are not fit to show anybody else.
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jul 27, 2005
  14. mountain

    mountain Guest

    "Lawrence D¹Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in message
    > In article <>, "mountain" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >"E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> "mountain" <> wrote in message

    > >works

    is a

    > >satisfactory

    convert
    > >my

    them

    once

    result I

    > >there

    > >able

    thought

    else
    > >do
    > >>
    > >> Most wouldn't even bother farting round with little poor quality clips

    > >from
    > >> a still camera instead of using a decent video camera.
    > >> Just look forward to upgrading your gear, and you can start with the
    > >> computer considering what you're trying to do on it, and get one with

    at
    > >> least 512 MB RAM.
    > >> You're getting results but it is bloody hard work with what you've got,

    > >and
    > >> must take a while to encode that lot.
    > >> Still cameras are great for still pictures. When they make a video

    camera
    > >> that can take quality 5MP still pictures as well, then you'll have have

    > >the
    > >> best of both worlds all in the one camera.
    > >>

    > >I think the record is stuck again scrooge.

    > I would agree with Scrooge. You're spending a helluva lot of effort to
    > achieve such mediocre results that are not fit to show anybody else.

    Why would you think I was interested in your opinion.
    mountain, Jul 27, 2005
  15. mountain

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "mountain" <> wrote in message

    > "Lawrence D¹Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in message
    >> In article <>, "mountain" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >"E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message

    >> >works

    > is a
    >> >satisfactory

    > convert
    >> >my

    > them

    > once

    > result I
    >> >there
    >> >able

    > thought

    > else
    >> >do

    >> >from

    > at
    >> >and

    > camera
    >> >the
    >> >>

    >> >I think the record is stuck again scrooge.

    >> I would agree with Scrooge. You're spending a helluva lot of effort to
    >> achieve such mediocre results that are not fit to show anybody else.

    > Why would you think I was interested in your opinion.

    You're either quite a funny Troll or you're farting around over damn near
    nothing with your 100 little poor quality clips transferred over to a DVD.

    The difference with good video gear (doesn't need to be the best and most
    expensive) and a good computer would have you falling out of your chair in
    amazement. The end results should be damn near as good as TV quality is (as
    long your TV reception is real good to bother comparing them).

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Jul 27, 2005
  16. mountain

    steve Guest

    mountain wrote:
    > I'm having trouble making a dvd from over 100 movie clips taken from a still
    > digital camera that also does 30 second movie clips at 15fps at 640 x 480
    > resolution. I am using a canon a70 camera, I have a p3-550 computer running
    > win98se and have nero, cyberlink powerproducer gold 2 and winavi. So far I
    > have not achieved total success, the problems seem to be that a standalone
    > dvdplayer does not like heaps of titles and so far the dvd's I have made
    > contain over 100 titles as each movie clip is counted as a new title, also
    > powerproducer will not allow me to apply brightness and contrast changes to
    > the clips without crashing, this maybe due to my low spec pc. So I would
    > really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction with
    > what software to use and a very basic outline of what I have to do, I can
    > figure the rest out if given the basic path to take. I only need to author a
    > basic dvd that meets the requirements I outlined above so what is the
    > easiest way to do this and what software will I use, as you can appreciate
    > there are tons of different software packages out there and I could be at
    > this for a very long time if I have to waste time mucking around with
    > software that is never going to do the job.

    Doesn't Win98SE have a 2GB file-size limit? Your DVD could be 4.5GB all
    up.

    I used to render movies on it and I had to be careful the INPUT files
    being rendered weren't over 2GB combined (as my software made a temp
    file as part of the process - so put them all together)....and same went
    for the output files, too.
    steve, Jul 27, 2005
  17. mountain

    Robert Cooze Guest

    mountain wrote:
> [...]

    >>pictures as well.
    >>
    >>You're doing what you can with what you've got which is fair enough, but

    > it
    >
    >>hardly suits your real video filming needs since you like to do so much of
    >>it with your still camera. If your PC can handle it Power Director could
    >>help you with your video editing. Virtual Dub most likely would but any
    >>sound would go out of sync after about 10 to 15 minutes.
    >>
    >>E. Scrooge
    >>

    > I merged all the clips into 1 but the dvd will not play on my standalone lg
    > dvdplayer, it says check the disc, the disc does play on a cheap woolies
    > standalone dvdplayer so I wonder what it is that the lg does not like. The
    > lg player is pretty standard where as the woolies dvdplayer is more compatib
    > le than most other players. There is 89 chapters on the dvd I made, do you

    Just a Thought.

    Why not try virtual dub to join the files togeather. at this stage you
    could change the resolution and colour (using virtual Dub Filters) and
    then your dvd softwar to burn the disk. proberly never gona be an
    optimal situation but it works.

    Robert Cooze, Jul 27, 2005
  18. In article <>, "mountain" <>
    wrote:

    >"Lawrence D¹Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in message
    >> In article <>, "mountain" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >"E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz (*sling)> wrote in message

    >> >works

    >is a
    >> >satisfactory

    >convert
    >> >my

    >them

    >once

    >result I
    >> >there
    >> >able

    >thought

    >else
    >> >do

    >> >from

    >at
    >> >and

    >camera
    >> >the
    >> >>

    >> >I think the record is stuck again scrooge.

    >> I would agree with Scrooge. You're spending a helluva lot of effort to
    >> achieve such mediocre results that are not fit to show anybody else.

    >Why would you think I was interested in your opinion.

    You posted your message right where I could read it. If you didn't want
    me to read it, you shouldn't have posted it publicly.

    Next time you have a question, post it privately.
    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Jul 28, 2005
  19. mountain

    mountain Guest

    "Robert Cooze" <> wrote in message
> [...]

    > >>sound would go out of sync after about 10 to 15 minutes.
    > >>
    > >>E. Scrooge
    > >>

    > > I merged all the clips into 1 but the dvd will not play on my standalone

    lg
    > > dvdplayer, it says check the disc, the disc does play on a cheap woolies
    > > standalone dvdplayer so I wonder what it is that the lg does not like.

    The
    > > lg player is pretty standard where as the woolies dvdplayer is more

    compatib
    > > le than most other players. There is 89 chapters on the dvd I made, do

    you
    > > think this could be the problem.
    > >

    > Just a Thought.
    >
    > Why not try virtual dub to join the files togeather. at this stage you
    > could change the resolution and colour (using virtual Dub Filters) and
    > then your dvd softwar to burn the disk. proberly never gona be an

    Thanks, I will give that a go when I next have some time.
    mountain, Jul 28, 2005
  20. mountain

    mountain Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > mountain wrote:
    > > I'm having trouble making a dvd from over 100 movie clips taken from a

    still
    > > digital camera that also does 30 second movie clips at 15fps at 640 x

    480
    > > resolution. I am using a canon a70 camera, I have a p3-550 computer

    running
    > > win98se and have nero, cyberlink powerproducer gold 2 and winavi. So far

    > > have not achieved total success, the problems seem to be that a

    standalone
    > > dvdplayer does not like heaps of titles and so far the dvd's I have made
    > > contain over 100 titles as each movie clip is counted as a new title,

    also
    > > powerproducer will not allow me to apply brightness and contrast changes

    > > the clips without crashing, this maybe due to my low spec pc. So I would
    > > really appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction

    with
    > > what software to use and a very basic outline of what I have to do, I

    can
    > > figure the rest out if given the basic path to take. I only need to

    author a
    > > basic dvd that meets the requirements I outlined above so what is the
    > > easiest way to do this and what software will I use, as you can

    appreciate
    > > there are tons of different software packages out there and I could be

    at
    > > this for a very long time if I have to waste time mucking around with
    > > software that is never going to do the job.

    > Doesn't Win98SE have a 2GB file-size limit? Your DVD could be 4.5GB all
    > up.
    >
    > I used to render movies on it and I had to be careful the INPUT files
    > being rendered weren't over 2GB combined (as my software made a temp
    > file as part of the process - so put them all together)....and same went
    > for the output files, too.

    The limit is 4GB and it has not affected me so far, I think it will only be
    a problem if I try to download a large amount of video from a video camera
    which would generate an avi file bigger than 4GB but this is not something I
    need to do as yet so win98se will keep me going for a while yet. Also my
    p3-550 with 512MB ram and 40 GB harddrive has coped fine so far with
    everything I have wanted to do despite some peoples skepticism, you really
    only need the power of a recent cpu for a very few select tasks, remember
    people were doing computer video editing many years before now, I did some
    video editing and vcd making back in 2000 when my pc was up with the times,
    I was only dealing with short amounts of video though as my harddrive at the
    time was 8.4GB.
    mountain, Jul 28, 2005