    there are tons of different software packages out there and I could be at
    this for a very long time if I have to waste time mucking around with
    software that is never going to do the job.
    mountain, Jul 26, 2005

  2. mountain

    mikel Guest

    I think I see below you running Windows 98 SE version. P3 with 550,

    what is you ram. I have a GIG of ram on an XP machine, I run all Adobe
    software, Photoshop for editing stills, Premier for editing video and
    building DVD data, then Encore to build the DVD itself. Working with
    video can be touchy, you may have to combine your clips into larger
    chunks, let's say 4 or 5 not 100 all at one time.

    When I am building DVD's I usually think in terms of chapters - so
    things are divided up. I have less crashes, and the processor can keep
    up. then when each section is built combine them all and export them to
    whatever format you like. AVI, M2V, MPEG, MPEG2, etc.

    I don't know if this helps being I use differents software, but it
    sounds like you are expecting that 98 machine to do more than it is
    capable of.

    mountain wrote:
    > I'm having trouble making a dvd from over 100 movie clips taken from a still
    > digital camera that also does 30 second movie clips at 15fps at 640 x 480
    > resolution. I am using a canon a70 camera, I have a p3-550 computer running
    > win98se and have nero, cyberlink powerproducer gold 2 and winavi. So far I
    > have not achieved total success, the problems seem to be that a standalone
    > dvdplayer does not like heaps of titles and so far the dvd's I have made
    > contain over 100 titles as each movie clip is counted as a new title,

    combine your clips into larger chunks. if you can combine 20 to 25 into
    one, that would help. I don't know if your software can do this.

    I use Premiere, so numbers of clips can be imported or captureed then
    exported as one clip. You can also change contrats, brightness, speed,
    levels, size, transitions, unlink audio, add additional audio, titles, etc.
    also

    mikel, Jul 26, 2005