    professional is there any way that any previous pictures taken with
    the camera could be culled from the memory even after being deleted off.

    Skippy
    Skippy Martin, Jun 29, 2006

  2. Skippy Martin

    Dustin Cook Guest

    Skippy Martin <> wrote in news:0ZKog.4482$ii.511
    @newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:

    > Could someone tell me if she were to take the camera to some kind of
    > professional is there any way that any previous pictures taken with
    > the camera could be culled from the memory even after being deleted off.

    Depending on the camera, yes. It depends on the file system present,
    whether or not the camera actually deletes data or just marks a spot of
    it's memory as available, etc. What camera specifically did you have?

    --
    Regards,
    Dustin
    Dustin Cook, Jun 29, 2006

  3. Skippy Martin

    Cub Guest

    "Skippy Martin" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > My wife and I are deep into a nasty divorce. Yesterday she took my
    > digital camera out of my home, I fear to attempt to retrieve some pictures
    > of myself and a specific woman.
    >
    > I do not have a memory card in the camera, only what came pre-installed,
    > there is no memory that you can slide in and slide out. Also, I am certain
    > that I had all pictures on the camera deleted. There were zero pictures
    > left on the camera.
    >
    > Could someone tell me if she were to take the camera to some kind of
    > professional is there any way that any previous pictures taken with the
    > camera could be culled from the memory even after being deleted off.
    >
    > Skippy

    It would be very easy to recover them using freeware from a number of sites,
    you don't have to be a professional :-(

    not sure if a re-format of the memory would have helped
    Cub, Jun 29, 2006
  4. Dustin Cook wrote:
    > Skippy Martin <> wrote in news:0ZKog.4482$ii.511
    > @newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net:
    >

    >> Could someone tell me if she were to take the camera to some kind of
    >> professional is there any way that any previous pictures taken with
    >> the camera could be culled from the memory even after being deleted off.

    > Depending on the camera, yes. It depends on the file system present,
    > whether or not the camera actually deletes data or just marks a spot of
    > it's memory as available, etc. What camera specifically did you have?

    It was a Vivitar ViviCam5100.
    Skippy Martin, Jun 29, 2006
  5. Cub wrote:
    > "Skippy Martin" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> My wife and I are deep into a nasty divorce. Yesterday she took my
    >> digital camera out of my home, I fear to attempt to retrieve some pictures
    >> of myself and a specific woman.
    >>
    >> I do not have a memory card in the camera, only what came pre-installed,
    >> there is no memory that you can slide in and slide out. Also, I am certain
    >> that I had all pictures on the camera deleted. There were zero pictures
    >> left on the camera.
    >>
    >> Could someone tell me if she were to take the camera to some kind of
    >> professional is there any way that any previous pictures taken with the
    >> camera could be culled from the memory even after being deleted off.
    >>
    >> Skippy

    > It would be very easy to recover them using freeware from a number of sites,
    > you don't have to be a professional :-(
    >
    > not sure if a re-format of the memory would have helped

    Damn. That is not good news.
    Skippy Martin, Jun 29, 2006
  6. Cub wrote:
    > "Skippy Martin" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> My wife and I are deep into a nasty divorce. Yesterday she took my
    >> digital camera out of my home, I fear to attempt to retrieve some pictures
    >> of myself and a specific woman.
    >>
    >> I do not have a memory card in the camera, only what came pre-installed,
    >> there is no memory that you can slide in and slide out. Also, I am certain
    >> that I had all pictures on the camera deleted. There were zero pictures
    >> left on the camera.
    >>
    >> Could someone tell me if she were to take the camera to some kind of
    >> professional is there any way that any previous pictures taken with the
    >> camera could be culled from the memory even after being deleted off.
    >>
    >> Skippy

    > It would be very easy to recover them using freeware from a number of sites,
    > you don't have to be a professional :-(
    >
    > not sure if a re-format of the memory would have helped

    I have several other digital cameras. Just in case any other ones
    fall into her hands, would it do any good to run BC Wipe on the
    camera? Would that prevent a program from being able to retrieve
    deleted images from the camera?

    Skippy
    Skippy Martin, Jun 29, 2006
  7. Skippy Martin wrote:
    > Cub wrote:
    >
    >> "Skippy Martin" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> My wife and I are deep into a nasty divorce. Yesterday she took my
    >>> digital camera out of my home, I fear to attempt to retrieve some
    >>> pictures of myself and a specific woman.
    >>>
    >>> I do not have a memory card in the camera, only what came
    >>> pre-installed, there is no memory that you can slide in and slide
    >>> out. Also, I am certain that I had all pictures on the camera
    >>> deleted. There were zero pictures left on the camera.
    >>>
    >>> Could someone tell me if she were to take the camera to some kind of
    >>> professional is there any way that any previous pictures taken with
    >>> the camera could be culled from the memory even after being deleted
    >>> off.
    >>>
    >>> Skippy

    >> It would be very easy to recover them using freeware from a number of
    >> sites, you don't have to be a professional :-(
    >>
    >> not sure if a re-format of the memory would have helped

    > I have several other digital cameras. Just in case any other ones fall
    > into her hands, would it do any good to run BC Wipe on the camera? Would
    > that prevent a program from being able to retrieve deleted images from
    > the camera?

    You've been busy, eh?
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 29, 2006
  8. Rôgêr wrote:
    > Skippy Martin wrote:
    >> Cub wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Skippy Martin" <> wrote in message

    >>> It would be very easy to recover them using freeware from a number of
    >>> sites, you don't have to be a professional :-(
    >>>
    >>> not sure if a re-format of the memory would have helped

    >> I have several other digital cameras. Just in case any other ones
    >> fall into her hands, would it do any good to run BC Wipe on the
    >> camera? Would that prevent a program from being able to retrieve
    >> deleted images from the camera?

    > You've been busy, eh?

    Open another thread if you want to ask questions. I am attempting to
    receive valuable help in this group. I don't have time for silly
    questions from silly people.

    Skippy
    Skippy Martin, Jun 29, 2006
  9. Skippy Martin

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Rôgêr wrote:

    > Skippy Martin wrote:
    >
    >> Cub wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Skippy Martin" <> wrote in message

    >>> It would be very easy to recover them using freeware from a number of
    >>> sites, you don't have to be a professional :-(
    >>>
    >>> not sure if a re-format of the memory would have helped

    >> I have several other digital cameras. Just in case any other ones
    >> fall into her hands, would it do any good to run BC Wipe on the
    >> camera? Would that prevent a program from being able to retrieve
    >> deleted images from the camera?

    > You've been busy, eh?

    They don't call him 'skippy' for nothing ...
    Rick Merrill, Jun 29, 2006
  10. Skippy Martin

    Frosty Guest

    On or about Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:56:10 GMT, an entity identified as
    Skippy Martin <> proudly proclaimed:

    >Rôgêr wrote:
    >> Skippy Martin wrote:

    >>> I have several other digital cameras. Just in case any other ones
    >>> fall into her hands, would it do any good to run BC Wipe on the
    >>> camera? Would that prevent a program from being able to retrieve
    >>> deleted images from the camera?

    >> You've been busy, eh?

    >Open another thread if you want to ask questions. I am attempting to
    >receive valuable help in this group. I don't have time for silly
    >questions from silly people.
    >
    >Skippy

    I am constantly amazed that people photograph themselves breaking the
    law, or their vows, etc.
    STOOPID people!

    Frosty
    --

    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.
    Frosty, Jun 29, 2006
  11. Frosty wrote:
    > On or about Thu, 29 Jun 2006 10:56:10 GMT, an entity identified as
    > Skippy Martin <> proudly proclaimed:
    >
    >> Rôgêr wrote:

    >>> You've been busy, eh?

    >> Open another thread if you want to ask questions. I am attempting to
    >> receive valuable help in this group. I don't have time for silly
    >> questions from silly people.
    >>
    >> Skippy

    > I am constantly amazed that people photograph themselves breaking the
    > law, or their vows, etc.
    > STOOPID people!

    Now I am receiving moral preaching wrapped up in an ethics lesson from
    Usenet help group participants. How about lecturing me on the digital
    camera, so I might be able to determine something. Preach to your
    children.

    If I run BC Wipe on digital cameras, will that permanently erase the
    images and make them irretrievable? See if you can answer that
    question instead of pontificating on right and wrong behavior. I
    didn't come here for that bullshit.

    Alt
    Skippy Martin, Jun 29, 2006
  12. Skippy Martin

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 07:05:32 GMT, Skippy Martin <>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >My wife and I are deep into a nasty divorce. Yesterday she took my
    >digital camera out of my home, I fear to attempt to retrieve some
    >pictures of myself and a specific woman.
    >
    >I do not have a memory card in the camera, only what came
    >pre-installed, there is no memory that you can slide in and slide out.
    > Also, I am certain that I had all pictures on the camera deleted.
    >There were zero pictures left on the camera.
    >
    >Could someone tell me if she were to take the camera to some kind of
    >professional is there any way that any previous pictures taken with
    >the camera could be culled from the memory even after being deleted off.

    With the right tools, yes.
    Evan Platt, Jun 29, 2006
  13. Skippy Martin

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 08:45:25 GMT, Skippy Martin <>
    wrote:

    >I have several other digital cameras. Just in case any other ones
    >fall into her hands, would it do any good to run BC Wipe on the
    >camera? Would that prevent a program from being able to retrieve
    >deleted images from the camera?

    Throwing the camera in the fire for about an hour.
    Evan Platt, Jun 29, 2006
  14. Skippy Martin

    Ragz Guest

    is it retrieval of pictures you want...or assurance that they wont be found?

    Ragz, Jun 29, 2006
  15. Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 07:05:32 GMT, Skippy Martin <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> My wife and I are deep into a nasty divorce. Yesterday she took my
    >> digital camera out of my home, I fear to attempt to retrieve some
    >> pictures of myself and a specific woman.
    >>
    >> I do not have a memory card in the camera, only what came
    >> pre-installed, there is no memory that you can slide in and slide out.
    >> Also, I am certain that I had all pictures on the camera deleted.
    >> There were zero pictures left on the camera.
    >>
    >> Could someone tell me if she were to take the camera to some kind of
    >> professional is there any way that any previous pictures taken with
    >> the camera could be culled from the memory even after being deleted off.

    > With the right tools, yes.

    Thanks, Evan. Do you think selecting G drive, the drive the camera
    appears as when I connect it to the computer, and running BCWipe with
    the Peter Gutmann scheme selected would have any effect on it.

    I have already done it with the "one random pass" scheme selected with
    Wipe Unused Space in Swap File, MFT records ( on NTFS drives), and
    Wipe File Slacks check marked.

    Skippy
    Skippy Martin, Jun 29, 2006
  16. Skippy Martin

    Ragz Guest

    if they have a hard drive then there is always a chance of retrieving them
    I do believe evan platt has gave you the correct solution " BonFire "

    Ragz, Jun 29, 2006
  17. Skippy Martin

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:13:39 +0000, Skippy Martin wrote:

    > Evan Platt wrote:
    >> On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 07:05:32 GMT, Skippy Martin <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi,
    >>>
    >>> My wife and I are deep into a nasty divorce. Yesterday she took my
    >>> digital camera out of my home, I fear to attempt to retrieve some
    >>> pictures of myself and a specific woman.
    >>>
    >>> I do not have a memory card in the camera, only what came
    >>> pre-installed, there is no memory that you can slide in and slide out.
    >>> Also, I am certain that I had all pictures on the camera deleted.
    >>> There were zero pictures left on the camera.
    >>>
    >>> Could someone tell me if she were to take the camera to some kind of
    >>> professional is there any way that any previous pictures taken with the
    >>> camera could be culled from the memory even after being deleted off.

    >> With the right tools, yes.

    > Thanks, Evan. Do you think selecting G drive, the drive the camera
    > appears as when I connect it to the computer, and running BCWipe with the
    > Peter Gutmann scheme selected would have any effect on it.
    >
    > I have already done it with the "one random pass" scheme selected with
    > Wipe Unused Space in Swap File, MFT records ( on NTFS drives), and Wipe
    > File Slacks check marked.

    What kind of pictures could you have possibly taken that you would go to
    such trouble in assuring nobody else can ever view them?

    --
    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jun 29, 2006
  18. Ragz wrote:
    > if they have a hard drive then there is always a chance of retrieving them
    > ..
    > I do believe evan platt has gave you the correct solution " BonFire "

    I hate to have to resort to that. A couple of them were close to a
    thousand dollars apiece. Not the Vivitar but the other two. Anyway,
    they don't have a hard drive, a drive letter shows up when I connect
    it to my computer via a USB cord.
    Skippy Martin, Jun 29, 2006
  19. Meat Plow wrote:
    > On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:13:39 +0000, Skippy Martin wrote:
    >
    >> Evan Platt wrote:

    >>> With the right tools, yes.

    >> Thanks, Evan. Do you think selecting G drive, the drive the camera
    >> appears as when I connect it to the computer, and running BCWipe with the
    >> Peter Gutmann scheme selected would have any effect on it.
    >>
    >> I have already done it with the "one random pass" scheme selected with
    >> Wipe Unused Space in Swap File, MFT records ( on NTFS drives), and Wipe
    >> File Slacks check marked.
    >>

    > What kind of pictures could you have possibly taken that you would go to
    > such trouble in assuring nobody else can ever view them?

    They were pictures of a couple of women that I associate with, other
    than my wife. I never saved the pictures to my computer, I just
    viewed them on the computer to see if I wanted to print them or not.
    At this point, if one of the women wanted a keepsake, I would
    disconnect from the computer and hook the camera straight into the
    printer and print them out.

    What do you think about the BCWipe option I have been talking about,
    does that work on a digital camera?
    Skippy Martin, Jun 29, 2006
  20. Skippy Martin

    Guest

    Skippy Martin <> wrote:

    |>What do you think about the BCWipe option I have been talking about,
    |>does that work on a digital camera?

    FAT32 format right, just format with explorer, take enough pictures of
    the great outdoors to fill up the memory and format again...

    --
    http://tinyurl.com/zhmmq
    , Jun 29, 2006