Digital Camera Image Acquisition Database

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Will, Feb 1, 2007.

  1. Will

    Will Guest

    I'm looking for an application that can interface to digital cameras to
    control picture taking, showing the image on a Windows computer prior to or
    immediately after snapping the image, and then store a group of photos
    together in a server folder. Ideally I would like to have some database
    integrated into this to associate the group of images with a customer name,
    invoice number, purchase order number, etc, and some random text we could
    full text index to help later find the image. Support for small workgroups
    would be nice.

    I'm willing to spend up to $1K on this software, and I would like to find
    something capable of handling very large numbers of images (tens of
    thousands). I'm definitely not interested in the dime-a-dozen shareware
    packages for photo collections, not interested in any solution that makes my
    users move files around manually on any file system, and not interested in
    any system that requires some professional level knowledge of settings
    required on the camera. It needs to be create new folder, enter some
    information about the collection, snap, snap, snap, done.

    Does what I describe exist, anywhere near my price?

    --
    Will

    Will, Feb 1, 2007