Digital camera comparison (reposted as a new thread)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Lin Chung, Apr 30, 2005.

  1. Lin Chung

    Lin Chung Guest

    Rosanne Cleveland-King wote:
    > http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sidebyside.asp
    > found this site to compare digital cameras side by side. You have
    > the capability to choose each one you want to compare. I was
    > comparing the Fuji Finepix F10 and the Nikon Coolpix S1, as
    > I am looking for a super small camera that is fast and has a large
    > viewfinder.

    I have just been doing exactly the same. With its low light capability, the
    FinePix F10 stands out from a bunch of super small cameras that are fast and
    have large viewfinders, and is a truly remarkable pocket-sized camera. I
    guess you probably have come across this one already:
    http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/content/Fujifilm-FinePix-F10-Digital-Camera-Review-.htm
    Look up photo samples, especially shot hand held in the evening, from this
    camera (not on this site), and be amazed.

    --
    Lin Chung.
    [The Water Margins of Liang Shan Po were at the time of the Sung dynasty.
    Lin Chung, Apr 30, 2005

  2. Lin Chung

    Lin Chung Guest

    Lin Chung wrote:
    > Rosanne Cleveland-King wote:
    > > http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sidebyside.asp
    > > found this site to compare digital cameras side by side. You have
    > > the capability to choose each one you want to compare. I was
    > > comparing the Fuji Finepix F10 and the Nikon Coolpix S1, as
    > > I am looking for a super small camera that is fast and has a large
    > > viewfinder.

    > I have just been doing exactly the same. With its low light capability,
    > the FinePix F10 stands out from a bunch of super small cameras
    > that are fast and have large viewfinders, and is a truly remarkable
    > pocket-sized camera....
    > http://www.digitalcamerainfo.com/content/Fujifilm-FinePix-F10-Digital-Camera-Review-.htm

    For those not convinced the power of F10 at ISO 1600, i.e. shooting hand
    held at night time without using flash, here are some stills from Canon
    SD200, Canon SD400, Fuji F10 and Nikon Coolpix 7900:
    http://www.pbase.com/koo22/ultra_compact_test_shots
    My search for a pocketable all weather 'Personal Photographic Assistant' has
    come to an end. Probably!?

    Lin Chung, May 1, 2005

  3. Lin Chung

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "Lin Chung" <> writes:
    > For those not convinced the power of F10 at ISO 1600, i.e. shooting hand
    > held at night time without using flash, here are some stills from Canon
    > SD200, Canon SD400, Fuji F10 and Nikon Coolpix 7900:
    > http://www.pbase.com/koo22/ultra_compact_test_shots

    Definitely noisy in the full sized image, but not bad at all at web
    size. Do you have comparable 1600-speed shots from the other cameras?
    Paul Rubin, May 1, 2005
  4. Lin Chung

    ASAAR Guest

    On Sun, 01 May 2005 17:54:54 GMT, Lin Chung wrote:

    > For those not convinced the power of F10 at ISO 1600, i.e. shooting hand
    > held at night time without using flash, here are some stills from Canon
    > SD200, Canon SD400, Fuji F10 and Nikon Coolpix 7900:
    > http://www.pbase.com/koo22/ultra_compact_test_shots
    > My search for a pocketable all weather 'Personal Photographic Assistant' has
    > come to an end. Probably!?

    Other than having 6mp vs. the Finepix Z1's 5mp, how else does the
    F10 differ from it? In a brief mention of it I see only that the Z1
    is 18.3 mm thin (no mention of the F10's dimensions) and that they
    both were designed to be more effective at high ISOs. If their
    sensors are the same size, the Z1 might have a bit less noise.
    ASAAR, May 1, 2005
  5. Lin Chung

    Lin Chung Guest

    Paul Rubin wrote:
    > Lin Chung writes:
    > > For those not convinced the power of F10 at ISO 1600, i.e. shooting
    > > hand held at night time without using flash, here are some stills from
    > > Canon SD200, Canon SD400, Fuji F10 and Nikon Coolpix 7900:
    > > http://www.pbase.com/koo22/ultra_compact_test_shots

    > Definitely noisy in the full sized image, but not bad at all at web
    > size. Do you have comparable 1600-speed shots from the other cameras?

    Not with those in the link but with a D70!
    http://ogre.c.fiw-web.net/review/f10/iso.html (in Japanese but self
    explanatory)

    Lin Chung, May 2, 2005
  6. Lin Chung

    Lin Chung Guest

    ASAAR wrote:
    > Lin Chung wrote:
    > > For those not convinced the power of F10 at ISO 1600, i.e. shooting
    > > hand held at night time without using flash, here are some stills from
    > > Canon SD200, Canon SD400, Fuji F10 and Nikon Coolpix 7900:
    > > http://www.pbase.com/koo22/ultra_compact_test_shots

    > Other than having 6mp vs. the Finepix Z1's 5mp, how else does the
    > F10 differ from it? In a brief mention of it I see only that the Z1
    > is 18.3 mm thin (no mention of the F10's dimensions) and that they
    > both were designed to be more effective at high ISOs. If their
    > sensors are the same size, the Z1 might have a bit less noise.

    Z1 has a 1/2.5" sensor. This is confirmed in a review/report of Z1 from
    Japan, where the new camera was released on 2005-04-25.
    http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/reviews/fuji/fujifilm_finepix_z1_zoom.php
    http://www.itmedia.co.jp/lifestyle/articles/0504/25/news064.html (in
    Japanese). The description of the SuperCCD is at the start of the first
    paragraph on page 3.

    Lin Chung, May 2, 2005