    device.

    Thx,

    Tom
    jamesd, Jul 30, 2007

  2. jamesd

    bugbear Guest

    jamesd wrote:
    > Are there currenly any decent digital cameras that can be used easily
    > both as a digicam and as a webcam? I am looking for a dual use
    > device.

    With usable webcams available at crazy cheap prices,
    I wouldn't bother to compromise your choice
    of digital camera this way.

    Just get TWO dedicated devices instead
    of ONE compromise.

    BugBear
    bugbear, Jul 30, 2007

  3. bugbear wrote:
    > jamesd wrote:
    >> Are there currenly any decent digital cameras that can be used easily
    >> both as a digicam and as a webcam? I am looking for a dual use
    >> device.

    > With usable webcams available at crazy cheap prices,
    > I wouldn't bother to compromise your choice
    > of digital camera this way.
    >
    > Just get TWO dedicated devices instead
    > of ONE compromise.
    >
    > BugBear

    But a webcam is very low resolution. A digital camera
    can have very high resolution at least in still images.
    Do any do HD video yet? It should be no problem for
    8+ megapixel digital cameras.

    Roger
    Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark), Jul 30, 2007
  4. jamesd

    bugbear Guest

    > bugbear wrote:
    >> jamesd wrote:
    >>> Are there currenly any decent digital cameras that can be used easily
    >>> both as a digicam and as a webcam? I am looking for a dual use
    >>> device.

    >> With usable webcams available at crazy cheap prices,
    >> I wouldn't bother to compromise your choice
    >> of digital camera this way.
    >>
    >> Just get TWO dedicated devices instead
    >> of ONE compromise.
    >>
    >> BugBear

    > But a webcam is very low resolution. A digital camera
    > can have very high resolution at least in still images.
    > Do any do HD video yet? It should be no problem for
    > 8+ megapixel digital cameras.

    You must have a lot of bandwidth and
    some remarkable conferencing software :)

    I was assuming the webcam requirment was for "normal" webcam
    uses, as opposed to a synonym for video camera.

    BugBear
    bugbear, Jul 30, 2007
  5. Did you ever get an answer to that? I have the same need. I want to be able
    to get high quality still pictures from a web cam.

    Paul Pedersen, Oct 13, 2007
  6. On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 13:59:44 -0700, "Paul Pedersen" <> wrote:

    >Did you ever get an answer to that? I have the same need. I want to be able
    >to get high quality still pictures from a web cam.
    >

    >"jamesd" <> wrote in message
    >> Are there currenly any decent digital cameras that can be used easily
    >> both as a digicam and as a webcam? I am looking for a dual use
    >> device.
    >>
    >> Thx,
    >>
    >> Tom

    copied from a previous post: