    My wife and I just bought a Sony Cybershot P52 digital camera. Can we use
    it as a web cam (using Netmeeting) as well?

    Cory

    Cory Lechner, Feb 3, 2004

  2. Cory Lechner

    Thor Guest

    I have a Cybershot P92 (the 5 megapixel version), and I don't believe you
    can do that (at least with the software it comes with). The interface
    software only transfers what is already recorded on the memory stick, not a
    live feed from the camera. Using it as a webcam would require a live feed.
    The only possible workaround would be to use the video output jack on the
    camera that is meant for connection to a TV set, to feed live video into the
    computer, and use that somehow, but again, you would have to have the
    appropriate capture software to do it. It may be easier to just buy a cheap
    webcam, which should come with everything you need.

    Thor, Feb 3, 2004

  3. Cory Lechner

    John Guest

    I tried to do it with a Canon Video Camera a couple of years ago.
    Unfortunately it has a feature were it turns off the power if you
    don't press a button for 5 minutes or so to save on the battery life.
    So completely impractical.

    John

    John, Feb 4, 2004