    Center, but I wasn't sure about the salesman's claim that you could use it
    as a webcam. Do any Nikons (or other brands) fit the bill?
    - Gary
    Gary Smiley, May 17, 2006

  2. Gary Smiley wrote:
    > I've had a Nikon CoolPix 990 since around 2000 and I've been very
    > happy with it, but I want something newer, smaller, more megapixels,
    > and will serve as a webcam

    It has 2048 x 1536 how much do you want for a webcam? Even that is
    overkill.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia duit
    Joseph Meehan, May 17, 2006

  3. Gary Smiley

    J. Clarke Guest

    Gary Smiley wrote:

    > I've had a Nikon CoolPix 990 since around 2000 and I've been very happy
    > with it, but I want something newer, smaller, more megapixels, and will
    > serve as a webcam (and hopefully run on AA batteries). I checked out the
    > L1 at Micro Center, but I wasn't sure about the salesman's claim that you
    > could use it as a webcam. Do any Nikons (or other brands) fit the bill?

    The 990 works fine as a webcam, all you have to do is hook it to a video
    capture board.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    J. Clarke, May 17, 2006
  4. Gary Smiley

    ASAAR Guest

    On Tue, 16 May 2006 20:05:55 -0400, Gary Smiley wrote:

    > I've had a Nikon CoolPix 990 since around 2000 and I've been very happy
    > with it, but I want something newer, smaller, more megapixels, and will
    > serve as a webcam (and hopefully run on AA batteries). I checked out the
    > L1 at Micro Center, but I wasn't sure about the salesman's claim that you
    > could use it as a webcam. Do any Nikons (or other brands) fit the bill?

    The 4mp Fuji S5100 uses AA batteries and can be used as a webcam.
    The newer 5mp model (S5200) appears to have eliminated webcam mode.
    ASAAR, May 17, 2006
  5. Gary Smiley

    Drovosek Guest

    I'd just like to tell u guys that this is the best thing next to
    popcorn. Keep away spyware and trojans with 'WinAntiSpyware'
    (http://go.winantispyware.com/MzYwNw==/2/2291/ax=1/ed=2/ex=1//)! If
    you're also wondering about how to maintain an error-free PC and
    achieve 100% system performance, 'try System Doctor'
    (http://go.systemdoctor.com/MzYwNQ==/2/2291/ax=1/ed=2/ex=1//)!
    *2Admin:* Sorry if the message doesn't suit your forum. Kindly ask to
    move it to an appropriate section. Thank you ;-)

    --
    Drovosek
    Drovosek's Profile: http://www.digital-update.com/member.php?userid=68
    Drovosek, May 25, 2006