    £250 - (although would go slightly over if needed)

    Can anyone give me any advice on what camera to look at?

    Thanks
    *** HAWK, Jan 5, 2004

  2. *** HAWK

    Boomer Guest

    "*** HAWK" <> wrote in
    news:3ff96f75$0$7006$:

    > Hi guys,
    > I am looking for advice - I am looking to buy a new digital
    > camera, my fuji finepix 2200 is just too chunky nowadays :)
    >
    > I am looking for at least 2megapixels, & ideally video ability at
    > 640 x 480. Brand names don't bother me, anything that is good
    > quality. - upto a max of £250 - (although would go slightly over
    > if needed)
    >
    > Can anyone give me any advice on what camera to look at?
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi

    If I were going to buy a new digital camera, I would read through this
    group: rec.photo.digital
    Boomer, Jan 5, 2004

  3. *** HAWK

    Dumpster Guest

    "*** HAWK" <> wrote in message
    | Hi guys,
    | I am looking for advice - I am looking to buy a new digital camera, my
    fuji
    | finepix 2200 is just too chunky nowadays :)
    |
    | I am looking for at least 2megapixels, & ideally video ability at 640
    x 480.
    | Brand names don't bother me, anything that is good quality. - upto a
    max of
    | £250 - (although would go slightly over if needed)
    |
    | Can anyone give me any advice on what camera to look at?
    |
    | Thanks

    rec.photo.digital may be a better place to post.

    --
    Dumpster
    Dumpster, Jan 5, 2004
  4. *** HAWK

    *** HAWK Guest

    Thanks guys :)
    I'll try there

    *** HAWK, Jan 5, 2004
  5. *** HAWK

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 14:06:44 -0000, "*** HAWK"
    <> scribbled:

    >Hi guys,
    >I am looking for advice - I am looking to buy a new digital camera, my fuji
    >finepix 2200 is just too chunky nowadays :)
    >
    >I am looking for at least 2megapixels, & ideally video ability at 640 x 480.
    >Brand names don't bother me, anything that is good quality. - upto a max of
    >£250 - (although would go slightly over if needed)
    >
    >Can anyone give me any advice on what camera to look at?

    http://www.steves-digicams.com/ is a great place for reviews.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Jan 5, 2004
  6. *** HAWK

    Helen Guest

    Try asking your question at alt.binaries.photos.original
    There are several excellent photographers there with decades
    of experience
    using many different cameras for years. It's an excellent ng
    with lots of
    fine folks who would be glad to help you.

    Helen

    "*** HAWK" <> wrote in
    message news:3ff97600$0$7015$...
    : Thanks guys :)
    : I'll try there
    : "Dumpster" <> wrote in message
    : news:...
    : >
    : > "*** HAWK" <>
    wrote in message
    : > news:3ff96f75$0$7006$...
    : > | Hi guys,
    : > | I am looking for advice - I am looking to buy a new
    digital camera, my
    : > fuji
    : > | finepix 2200 is just too chunky nowadays :)
    : > |
    : > | I am looking for at least 2megapixels, & ideally video
    ability at 640
    : > x 480.
    : > | Brand names don't bother me, anything that is good
    quality. - upto a
    : > max of
    : > | £250 - (although would go slightly over if needed)
    : > |
    : > | Can anyone give me any advice on what camera to look at?
    : > |
    : > | Thanks
    : > |
    : > |
    : >
    : > rec.photo.digital may be a better place to post.
    : >
    : >
    : > --
    : > Dumpster
    : >
    : >
    :
    :
    Helen, Jan 5, 2004
  7. Dumpster wrote:

    > "*** HAWK" <> wrote in message
    > | Hi guys,
    > | I am looking for advice - I am looking to buy a new digital camera, my
    > fuji
    > | finepix 2200 is just too chunky nowadays :)
    > |
    > | I am looking for at least 2megapixels, & ideally video ability at 640
    > x 480.
    > | Brand names don't bother me, anything that is good quality. - upto a
    > max of
    > | £250 - (although would go slightly over if needed)
    > |
    > | Can anyone give me any advice on what camera to look at?
    > |
    > | Thanks
    > |

    > rec.photo.digital may be a better place to post.

    and news:alt.comp.periphs.dcameras
    Bill Schnakenberg, Jan 5, 2004
  8. *** HAWK

    Bryan Guest

    "-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 14:06:44 -0000, "*** HAWK"
    > <> scribbled:
    >
    >> Hi guys,
    >> I am looking for advice - I am looking to buy a new digital camera,
    >> my fuji finepix 2200 is just too chunky nowadays :)
    >>
    >> I am looking for at least 2megapixels, & ideally video ability at
    >> 640 x 480. Brand names don't bother me, anything that is good
    >> quality. - upto a max of £250 - (although would go slightly over if
    >> needed)
    >>
    >> Can anyone give me any advice on what camera to look at?

    > http://www.steves-digicams.com/ is a great place for reviews.

    Nice photo of the day!
    :)
    Bryan, Jan 5, 2004

    www.dpreview.com/
    www.dcresource.com/
    www.steves-digicams.com/
    michael turner, Jan 5, 2004
  10. *** HAWK

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 14:59:13 -0000, "Bryan" <>
    scribbled:

    >"-= Hawk =-" <> wrote in message
    >> On Mon, 5 Jan 2004 14:06:44 -0000, "*** HAWK"
    >> <> scribbled:
    >>
    >>> Hi guys,
    >>> I am looking for advice - I am looking to buy a new digital camera,
    >>> my fuji finepix 2200 is just too chunky nowadays :)
    >>>
    >>> I am looking for at least 2megapixels, & ideally video ability at
    >>> 640 x 480. Brand names don't bother me, anything that is good
    >>> quality. - upto a max of £250 - (although would go slightly over if
    >>> needed)
    >>>
    >>> Can anyone give me any advice on what camera to look at?

    >> http://www.steves-digicams.com/ is a great place for reviews.

    >Nice photo of the day!
    >:)

    Just looked, yeah, sweet sunset.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Jan 5, 2004
  11. *** HAWK

    nemo2 Guest

    Try Fuji A310 at www.ebuyer.com £150 esleware £230. Doesn't do video
    at 640x480, but worth a look.

    Regards

    nemo2

    nemo2, Jan 7, 2004
  12. *** HAWK

    HS Guest

    The Olympus C700 Series might be worth looking at, 10x optical zoom, video
    mode and good quality pictures.

    HS, Jan 9, 2004
  13. *** HAWK

    Wallygator Guest

    I have a Canon s70 and love it. It is heavier than most due to the metal
    housing and 4 batteries, but the bat life is long long long and the picture
    quality is great. Just bought my daughter a Nikon and it is much lighter,
    great pics, easier to use, but battery life is very short. Both are great
    cameras. When you take card to Costco for prints, Canons look darn close to
    35mm SLR. Very close.

    Wallygator, Jan 9, 2004
  14. *** HAWK

    BooBoo Guest

    I just bought the Canon S50 which is 5MP. It's my first digital but
    very
    user freindly. The only complaint is the short battery life. When I was
    looking I got alot of my info from
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/hardware_reviews.html Hope this helps.

    BooBoo, Jan 10, 2004