    and a long battery life or use replaceable batteries as she wont be
    near electricity for 2 weeks.
    Can any one help?

    deniselj, Jul 23, 2007

  2. deniselj

    Guest

    On Jul 23, 5:09 am, deniselj <> wrote:
    > my daughter is off on a charity horse riding trip to mongolia in a few
    > weeks and she wants a cam corder to make a video diary. Has any one
    > any suggestions for make etc. It must be very portable, easy to use,
    > and a long battery life or use replaceable batteries as she wont be
    > near electricity for 2 weeks.
    > Can any one help?

    You'll need to get an el cheapo camcorder, such as the Aiptek DV5900
    5MP Pocket Digital Camcorder, that uses AA batteries. None of the high-
    quality camcorders will do because they all uses proprietary
    rechargeable batteries; unless you are willing to buy and charge a
    bunch of these for her beforehand. With the Aiptec, just buy her a
    bunch of SD cards and batteries and off she goes.

    Chieh
    --
    Camera Hacker - http://www.CameraHacker.com/

    , Jul 24, 2007

  3. deniselj

    deniselj Guest

    On Jul 24, 2:19 am, "" <> wrote:
    > On Jul 23, 5:09 am, deniselj <> wrote:
    >
    > > my daughter is off on a charity horse riding trip to mongolia in a few
    > > weeks and she wants a cam corder to make a video diary. Has any one
    > > any suggestions for make etc. It must be very portable, easy to use,
    > > and a long battery life or use replaceable batteries as she wont be
    > > near electricity for 2 weeks.
    > > Can any one help?

    > You'll need to get an el cheapo camcorder, such as the Aiptek DV5900
    > 5MP Pocket Digital Camcorder, that uses AA batteries. None of the high-
    > quality camcorders will do because they all uses proprietary
    > rechargeable batteries; unless you are willing to buy and charge a
    > bunch of these for her beforehand. With the Aiptec, just buy her a
    > bunch of SD cards and batteries and off she goes.
    >
    > Chieh
    > --
    > Camera Hacker -http://www.CameraHacker.com/

    thanks very much for your reply. I know nothing about these cameras
    (or any camcorder for that matter!!) is this an easy camera to use

    deniselj, Jul 24, 2007
  4. deniselj

    Guest

    > > > my daughter is off on a charity horse riding trip to mongolia in a few
    > > > weeks and she wants a cam corder to make a video diary. Has any one
    > > > any suggestions for make etc. It must be very portable, easy to use,
    > > > and a long battery life or use replaceable batteries as she wont be
    > > > near electricity for 2 weeks.
    > > > Can any one help?

    > > You'll need to get an el cheapo camcorder, such as the Aiptek DV5900
    > > 5MP Pocket Digital Camcorder, that uses AA batteries. None of the high-
    > > quality camcorders will do because they all uses proprietary
    > > rechargeable batteries; unless you are willing to buy and charge a
    > > bunch of these for her beforehand. With the Aiptec, just buy her a
    > > bunch of SD cards and batteries and off she goes.

    > thanks very much for your reply. I know nothing about these cameras
    > (or any camcorder for that matter!!) is this an easy camera to use

    I don't know. I don't have one of these. But they should be easier to
    use the fancier, higher-quality camcorders.

    Chieh
    --
    Camera Hacker - http://www.CameraHacker.com/

    , Jul 25, 2007