    --

    Rudy Benner

    Never attempt to reason with people who know they are right.

    Rudy Benner, Jun 3, 2005

  2. Rudy Benner

    Tony Hwang Guest

    Rudy Benner wrote:
    > I have been asked if I knew where to look for information about digital
    > backs for SLR cameras. I said I did not know. Perhaps someone could point me
    > in the right direction. No, I do not know the make and model as yet.

    Hi,
    Kodak?
    Tony

    Tony Hwang, Jun 3, 2005

  3. Rudy Benner

    John Ortt Guest

    I'd be surprised if it's worth it even if you can find them!

    For all the common makes (pentax, canon etc) you're better off with a new
    digital camera body.

    The only cameras I know of with digital backs are medium format and you're
    looking at about £15,000 for them.

    :(

    John Ortt, Jun 3, 2005
  4. Rudy Benner

    rafe bustin Guest

    On Fri, 3 Jun 2005 08:11:46 -0400, "Rudy Benner"
    <> wrote:

    >I have been asked if I knew where to look for information about digital
    >backs for SLR cameras. I said I did not know. Perhaps someone could point me
    >in the right direction. No, I do not know the make and model as yet.

    In general these do not exist, except
    for a few medium format cameras, and
    those that do exist are quite expensive,
    on the ordr of $10,000 to $25,000.

    Years ago there was an outfit, Silicon
    Film or some such, that promised this --
    but it was vaporware.

    The root of the problem is that silicon
    image sensors are not a good fit for
    either the mechanics or optics built
    around 35mm film.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    rafe bustin, Jun 3, 2005
  5. Rudy Benner

    dylan Guest

    >I have been asked if I knew where to look for information about digital
    >backs for SLR cameras. I said I did not know. Perhaps someone could point
    >me in the right direction. No, I do not know the make and model as yet.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Rudy Benner
    >
    > Never attempt to reason with people who know they are right.

    Only one I know of
    http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte/rsystem/digitalmodul/index_e.html

    dylan, Jun 3, 2005
  6. Rudy Benner

    [BnH] Guest

    Kodak released a few during the early days of digital cameras.
    Leica is soon to follow next week with a Digital back for their R8 and R9
    cameras.

    Besides that ... no clue.

    =bob=

    [BnH], Jun 3, 2005
  7. "Rudy Benner" <> writes:

    > I have been asked if I knew where to look for information about digital
    > backs for SLR cameras. I said I did not know. Perhaps someone could point me
    > in the right direction. No, I do not know the make and model as yet.

    Ten years ago, Kodak made a digital back for the Nikon N90s:
    http://folk.uio.no/gisle/photo/dcs460.html
    (Btw., I am still using this camera.)

    Leica is about to release one:
    http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte/rsystem/digitalmodul/index_e.html
    (It won't be cheap.)

    Gisle Hannemyr, Jun 5, 2005
  8. Rudy Benner

    Ronald Baird Guest

    Greetings Tony,

    Kodak offered a couple iterations of the back, but no longer. Great in
    their day with great images. There were others such as Dicomed, Leaf,
    Sinar, Phase One, and Canon. Check those sites or the general search engine
    to find more.

    Good Luck,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company