digital back for sf1

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by biffster, Apr 27, 2008.

  1. biffster

    biffster Guest

    biffster, Apr 27, 2008

  2. biffster

    nospam Guest

    In article <>,
    biffster <> wrote:

    > Does anyone know of a retrofit digital back for Pentax SF 1? Ricoh
    > or other K mount body manufacturer? I have too many lenses to change
    > from Pentax, and I am too cheap to buy a new body. Thanks.

    there aren't any digital backs for 35mm cameras and there is virtually
    no chance one will ever be made.

    if you have a lot of pentax k-mount lenses, then consider a stabilized
    pentax k100d or the non-stabilized k110d. they've been replaced so you
    can probably find a good deal on one, or find one used. you might find
    the older pentax *ist-d, ds, dl ds2 and dl2 cameras for even less.
    nospam, Apr 27, 2008

  3. biffster

    Roy G Guest

    "Yoshi" <> wrote in message

    > "nospam" <> wrote in message
    >> In article <>,
    >> biffster <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does anyone know of a retrofit digital back for Pentax SF 1? Ricoh
    >>> or other K mount body manufacturer? I have too many lenses to change
    >>> from Pentax, and I am too cheap to buy a new body. Thanks.

    >> there aren't any digital backs for 35mm cameras and there is virtually
    >> no chance one will ever be made.
    >>
    >> if you have a lot of pentax k-mount lenses, then consider a stabilized
    >> pentax k100d or the non-stabilized k110d. they've been replaced so you
    >> can probably find a good deal on one, or find one used. you might find
    >> the older pentax *ist-d, ds, dl ds2 and dl2 cameras for even less.

    > The LEICA DIGITAL -MODUL-R is a digital camera back designed to fit
    > regular production LEICA R8 and R9 cameras. So your blanket statement is
    > misinformation. If you don't know what you are talking about, it's best
    > not to say anything and not be taken for an idiot.
    >
    > http://www.dpreview.com/news/0306/03062502leicadigitalr9.asp

    Of course!!

    How silly of anyone to overlook such an everyday piece of hardware. There
    must be many, many thousands of them in use.

    Let me think, just how many Pentax DSLRs could be bought for the price of
    that Back.

    Roy G
    Roy G, Apr 28, 2008
  4. biffster

    nospam Guest

    In article <48150a17$0$31733$>, Yoshi
    <> wrote:

    > >> Does anyone know of a retrofit digital back for Pentax SF 1? Ricoh
    > >> or other K mount body manufacturer? I have too many lenses to change
    > >> from Pentax, and I am too cheap to buy a new body. Thanks.

    > > there aren't any digital backs for 35mm cameras and there is virtually
    > > no chance one will ever be made.
    > >
    > > if you have a lot of pentax k-mount lenses, then consider a stabilized
    > > pentax k100d or the non-stabilized k110d. they've been replaced so you
    > > can probably find a good deal on one, or find one used. you might find
    > > the older pentax *ist-d, ds, dl ds2 and dl2 cameras for even less.

    > The LEICA DIGITAL -MODUL-R is a digital camera back designed to fit regular
    > production LEICA R8 and R9 cameras. So your blanket statement is
    > misinformation. If you don't know what you are talking about, it's best not
    > to say anything and not be taken for an idiot.

    i think it's fairly clear that i was referring to 35mm *slr* cameras
    because the original poster had a film slr, not a rangefinder. there
    are a number of issues that preclude making a digital back for a 35mm
    slr that do not necessarily apply to a rangefinder, the shutter being
    the obvious one.
    nospam, Apr 28, 2008
  5. biffster

    nospam Guest

    In article <48151891$0$31747$>, Yoshi
    <> wrote:

    > I think it's clear that you are so fucking stupid you don't know that the
    > Leica R8 and R9 are reflex cameras. Moron. Just STFU before you embarass
    > yourself even more.

    why i'm responding to a rude idiot i don't know but the leica is the
    sole exception. it's also not clear how well it actually works in
    practice.

    the original poster had a pentax and there are *no* digital backs for
    it, nor will there be.
    nospam, Apr 28, 2008