    ranges I might find myself in.

    --
    Sandman[.net]
    Sandman, May 3, 2012

  2. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    In article <2012050303520117709-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,

    > On 2012-05-03 02:43:21 -0700, Sandman <> said:
    >
    > > Anyone know what digital backs are available for the Mamiya 645 Pro
    > > TL? I've just bought one and it's my first medium format camera, and
    > > I'm a bit interested in what my digital options are, and what price
    > > ranges I might find myself in.

    > Just make sure your wallet has been well trained.
    > < http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Digital-Backs/ci/2788/N/4288586702 >

    None on that page seem to suggest that it would fit a 645 Pro TL, most
    list Mamiya 645AF and 645AFD, which is not the same camera...

    > < http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/ >

    Same goes for the Leaf:

    Cameras supported: Mamiya: 645DF, 645AFDII/ III RZ, RZII PRO, RZ
    PRO-IId

    Please let me know if I've misunderstood the models and supported list
    in some way. As I mentioned, I'm totally new to this MF world...

    --
    Sandman[.net]
    Sandman, May 3, 2012

  3. Sandman

    Richard Guest

    Sandman wrote:
    > In article <2012050303520117709-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,
    > Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >
    >> On 2012-05-03 02:43:21 -0700, Sandman <> said:
    >>
    >>> Anyone know what digital backs are available for the Mamiya 645 Pro
    >>> TL? I've just bought one and it's my first medium format camera, and
    >>> I'm a bit interested in what my digital options are, and what price
    >>> ranges I might find myself in.

    >> Just make sure your wallet has been well trained.
    >> <
    >> http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Digital-Backs/ci/2788/N/4288586702
    >> >

    > None on that page seem to suggest that it would fit a 645 Pro TL, most
    > list Mamiya 645AF and 645AFD, which is not the same camera...
    >
    >> < http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/ >

    > Same goes for the Leaf:
    >
    > Cameras supported: Mamiya: 645DF, 645AFDII/ III RZ, RZII PRO, RZ
    > PRO-IId
    >
    > Please let me know if I've misunderstood the models and supported list
    > in some way. As I mentioned, I'm totally new to this MF world...

    This any help?
    http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=41988
    Richard, May 3, 2012
  4. Sandman

    J. Clarke Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > In article <2012050303520117709-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,
    > Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:
    >
    > > On 2012-05-03 02:43:21 -0700, Sandman <> said:
    > >
    > > > Anyone know what digital backs are available for the Mamiya 645 Pro
    > > > TL? I've just bought one and it's my first medium format camera, and
    > > > I'm a bit interested in what my digital options are, and what price
    > > > ranges I might find myself in.

    > > Just make sure your wallet has been well trained.
    > > < http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Digital-Backs/ci/2788/N/4288586702 >

    > None on that page seem to suggest that it would fit a 645 Pro TL, most
    > list Mamiya 645AF and 645AFD, which is not the same camera...
    >
    > > < http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/ >

    > Same goes for the Leaf:
    >
    > Cameras supported: Mamiya: 645DF, 645AFDII/ III RZ, RZII PRO, RZ
    > PRO-IId
    >
    > Please let me know if I've misunderstood the models and supported list
    > in some way. As I mentioned, I'm totally new to this MF world...

    Imacon used to make one for the 645 Pro TL before they got merged with
    Hasselblad. Good luck finding one though. Keep watching ebay and
    eventually one may surface--expect to pay 400 bucks or so for the
    adapter, and a few thousand for the back. I believe there was also a
    Kodak DCS back with an adapter for the 645 Pro TL. Same deal. All out
    of production so you're looking for used.
    J. Clarke, May 3, 2012
  5. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    In article <4fa27b6a$0$12266$>,
    "Richard" <> wrote:

    > >> < http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/ >

    > > Same goes for the Leaf:
    > >
    > > Cameras supported: Mamiya: 645DF, 645AFDII/ III RZ, RZII PRO, RZ
    > > PRO-IId
    > >
    > > Please let me know if I've misunderstood the models and supported list
    > > in some way. As I mentioned, I'm totally new to this MF world...

    > This any help?
    > http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=41988

    Yes, I've found some threads from LL about digital backs for the
    645PRO, but most are pretty old (the one you linked to is more than
    two years old) and it's hard to get a good grip on what backs are
    still available (even as second hand) and what prices they may have
    now.

    BUt thanks, I don't think I've seen that particular thread actually.

    --
    Sandman[.net]
    Sandman, May 3, 2012
  6. Sandman

    Sandman Guest

    In article <>,
    "J. Clarke" <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > says...
    > >
    > > In article <2012050303520117709-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,
    > > Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    > > > Just make sure your wallet has been well trained.
    > > > < http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Digital-Backs/ci/2788/N/4288586702 >

    > > None on that page seem to suggest that it would fit a 645 Pro TL, most
    > > list Mamiya 645AF and 645AFD, which is not the same camera...
    > >
    > > > < http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/ >

    > > Same goes for the Leaf:
    > >
    > > Cameras supported: Mamiya: 645DF, 645AFDII/ III RZ, RZII PRO, RZ
    > > PRO-IId
    > >
    > > Please let me know if I've misunderstood the models and supported list
    > > in some way. As I mentioned, I'm totally new to this MF world...

    > Imacon used to make one for the 645 Pro TL before they got merged with
    > Hasselblad. Good luck finding one though. Keep watching ebay and
    > eventually one may surface--expect to pay 400 bucks or so for the
    > adapter, and a few thousand for the back. I believe there was also a
    > Kodak DCS back with an adapter for the 645 Pro TL. Same deal. All out
    > of production so you're looking for used.

    Yes, and still a bit pricey. Maybe I should get used to the camera in
    analog mode first and then see if I want to invest in a digital back.
    I've already got a Nikon D3s so I'm not that interested in pouring
    mondey into a camera field I'm as of now currently only curious about
    :)

    Thanks for the information!

    --
    Sandman[.net]