Digital "art"??

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Matt Ion, Oct 10, 2004.

  1. Matt Ion

    Matt Ion Guest

    Matt Ion, Oct 10, 2004

  2. Matt Ion <> wrote in news:jw7ad.62500$a41.5863
    @pd7tw2no:

    > Anyone who doesn't think digital cameras are capable of producing "art"
    > needs to take a look at this shot:
    > http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1317528

    Unfortunately - we cannot view the image as it is
    more than 72 hours old.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Oct 10, 2004

  3. On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 09:51:07 +0000, Roland Karlsson wrote:

    > Matt Ion <> wrote in news:jw7ad.62500$a41.5863
    > @pd7tw2no:
    >
    >> Anyone who doesn't think digital cameras are capable of producing "art"
    >> needs to take a look at this shot:
    >> http://www.photosig.com/go/photos/view?id=1317528
    >>

    > Unfortunately - we cannot view the image as it is
    > more than 72 hours old.

    I love these sites that want you to subscribe, they must be insain.

    Fredrick Garvin, Oct 10, 2004
  4. But....first you must define "Art". For me...its what takes the viewer
    beyond what is represented. This one does.

    Gene Palmiter, Oct 10, 2004
  5. Matt Ion

    Linda_N Guest

    "Gene Palmiter" <> wrote in message
    > But....first you must define "Art". For me...its what takes the viewer
    > beyond what is represented. This one does.

    I tend to think art can't really be defined by anyoen but the individual
    (which your definition implies because only the individual can determine if
    they in that state or not when viewing something.)

    To some people a dead rat in the basement is art, to others it is justice,
    and yet to others it is a shame. To me it's just plain gross to think that
    some people have rats in their basement.

    Linda

    Linda_N, Oct 10, 2004
  6. Matt Ion

    Böwsér Guest

    This shot, obviously, took more than a camera. How does a sky darken as it
    rises towards the sun? Hmm.....

    BTW, anything that can produce an image is capable of producing art.
    Arguments to the contrary are moronic.

    Böwsér, Oct 10, 2004