Digital 8 to DVD burning experience

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Bryan Berguson, Oct 20, 2004.

  1. Some of you may recall an earlier post of me asking for advice on the best
    way to copy digital 8 tapes to DVD. Thanks to the advice I received here, I
    was successful in making a copy.

    I purchased from Crutchfield a Sony RDR-GX300.

    I bought the Sony because it would record -R and +R formats. I don't think
    it could have been much easier to make the copy. I plugged the DVD into the
    power outlet,
    connected the camcorder to the DVD with wires supplied with the camcorder,
    followed the directions for making a copy from a VCR and started recording.

    I think the exact steps were:
    1. Plug in DVD to power outlet
    2. put batteries in the remote
    3. put DVD -R disk in DVD recorder
    4. plug camcorder into power outlet (I didn't want to rely on the battery)
    5. put tape in and rewind
    6. press the "rec pause" button on DVD remote
    7. press 'play' on camcorder and hit "rec pause" again on DVD remote

    That was it! I didn't connect the DVD recorder to the TV, just the
    camcorder and it worked great!

    It took me all of 5 minutes to get started and then I let it record until
    the tape was finished. Simple.
    About 20 tapes to go and I should be finished....

    Thanks again for your help!!!!

    Bryan
    Bryan Berguson, Oct 20, 2004