    screws can damage lens?
    I wanna buy a monocular and think this is a good option, also thinking about
    scopes but heavier and larger.
    PhAnTOmaS, Jun 11, 2004

  2. PhAnTOmaS

    Pepe Guest

    Hi,
    I use the Sharp Shooter 8x32 with adaptor (step down ring) to my Nikon
    CoolPix 4500.
    It work just perfekt. Also for digiscoping you need a camera with good
    mechanical set up.
    I don't know what camera you have but I think you have some kind of Nikon
    CoolPix 990 - 4500.
    I dont know if there are other with thread for attachment. The others, take
    it easy with the lens!

    Pepe

    Pepe, Jun 11, 2004

  3. "PhAnTOmaS" <> wrote in message
    > Hi, I find this web http://www.ckcpower.com/monoculars.htm
    > There's a lot of comparisions. Seems to be Kenko 8x32 is the best for
    > monoculars, but... adapters does it work well with cameras? don't think
    > screws can damage lens?
    > I wanna buy a monocular and think this is a good option, also thinking

    about
    > scopes but heavier and larger.

    I had never heard of such a thing before.... and now you've got me
    wondering. I have a Zeiss 8X30 monocular and the eye cup is removable either
    by unscrewing the rubber portion from the eyepiece body or by removing the
    entire eyepiece assembly from the monocular body. Is there some way to use
    this monocular with a Fujifilm S7000? I don't know what to look for when it
    comes to adaptors as I'm simply not familiar with them...

    Thanks,

    John
    John Grossbohlin, Jun 12, 2004
  4. This conversation reminded me of an add I saw the other day. It was
    an add for a pair of binoculars that has a build in camera in it. It's
    built by Bushnell. I though what a great idea. The camera in the
    binoculars recorded pictures in 1.3 megapixel density. Anyone else seen
    this?

    Here's the link: http://www.bushnell.com/products/binoculars/imageview.html

    FWIW,
    Moxieman