    are ok and they work fine with my laptop

    any ideas?

    Cheers

    Rich, Aug 7, 2003

  2. Rich

    Rich Guest

    only the official (and expensive) olympus reader can manage 256mb xD cards
    at the mo. I need to get the cam working again with the pc.

    "JK" <> wrote in message
    > I had the same problem with my Olympus digital camera. I bought a card
    > reader. In addition to faster transfer of images, I don't drain the camera
    > batteries while transferring images.
    >
    > Rich wrote:
    >
    > > my pc for some unknown reason now fails to recognise my digi cam

    (c750uz)
    > > it did before, but now it says 'usb device not recognised'
    > >
    > > the other usb devices on my pc are all fine & i know the camera and usb

    lead

    Rich, Aug 7, 2003

  3. Rich

    grenner Guest

    When in doubt dump the current driver and reload it. Drivers can go
    corrupt. Make sure you trash the old driver first, reload the driver you
    have or better yet make sure you have the most current driver from the
    Minolta home site. Once the driver is in plug the camera into the USB port
    and let XP match the camera and driver.

    Greg

    grenner, Aug 7, 2003
  4. Rich

    Rich Guest

    the drivers are inbuilt into Xp - ie. it autodetects the camera as a usb
    drive and needs no drivers from the cd supplied

    i doubt i'd be able to dump the drivers in this instance

    Rich, Aug 7, 2003
  5. "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > only the official (and expensive) olympus reader can manage 256mb xD cards
    > at the mo. I need to get the cam working again with the pc.
    >

    > "JK" <> wrote in message
    > > I had the same problem with my Olympus digital camera. I bought a card
    > > reader. In addition to faster transfer of images, I don't drain the

    camera
    > > batteries while transferring images.
    > >
    > > Rich wrote:
    > >
    > > > my pc for some unknown reason now fails to recognise my digi cam

    > (c750uz)
    > > > it did before, but now it says 'usb device not recognised'
    > > >
    > > > the other usb devices on my pc are all fine & i know the camera and

    usb
    > lead
    > > > are ok and they work fine with my laptop
    > > >
    > > > any ideas?
    > > >
    > > > Cheers

    You may have to reinstall the camera as a device. Sometimes, adding or
    updating other programs can cause a problem. With XP, you might also try a
    System Restore to a date before you had this problem.

    Marvin Margoshes, Aug 7, 2003
  6. "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > the drivers are inbuilt into Xp - ie. it autodetects the camera as a usb
    > drive and needs no drivers from the cd supplied
    >
    > i doubt i'd be able to dump the drivers in this instance
    >
    > "grenner" <> wrote in message
    > > When in doubt dump the current driver and reload it. Drivers can go
    > > corrupt. Make sure you trash the old driver first, reload the driver

    you
    > > have or better yet make sure you have the most current driver from the
    > > Minolta home site. Once the driver is in plug the camera into the USB

    > port
    > > and let XP match the camera and driver.
    > >
    > > Greg
    > > "Rich" <> wrote in message
    > > > my pc for some unknown reason now fails to recognise my digi cam

    > (c750uz)
    > > > it did before, but now it says 'usb device not recognised'
    > > >
    > > > the other usb devices on my pc are all fine & i know the camera and

    usb
    > > lead
    > > > are ok and they work fine with my laptop
    > > >
    > > > any ideas?
    > > >
    > > > Cheers

    XP did the installation automatically the first time you connected the
    camera. In Control Panel/ System you can remove the camera as a device, and
    let XP do the installation again.

    Marvin Margoshes, Aug 7, 2003
  7. Rich

    Rich Guest

    sorted it now - thanks everyone

    just disconnected all usb plugs and uninstalled the main usb drivers on the
    device manager in winXP. rebooted and plugged everything back in once the
    usb had reinitialised.

    Bob was most definately my uncle.

    Rich
    www.digitalmood.co.uk