    MCSA ?
    MCDBA ?

    Thanks.
    curious, Sep 12, 2003

  2. curious

    Rick Guest

    I would say MCSA was a 4 and MCSE is a 5. I am currently working on my last
    3 MCSE test. The one that was the beast was 70-216, mostly because of the
    massive ammount of content.
    If you have network experience and a couple of PC's which you can use for a
    lab you can work your way through it. The Microsoft self training guides
    come with 180 day evail copy of the software which the are on.
    I have 13 years in the industry with much hands on experience. I have been
    using the Mike Myers Passports books to study and take an exam about every
    two weeks. I think if you are newer to this stuff you could take an exam
    every one to two months.

    --
    Rick
    CompTIA: A+, Network + Server+, Microsoft: MCP, MCSA
    Rick, Sep 12, 2003

  3. curious

    Marko Guest

    apple
    >or peer but I'm just trying to gauge the difficulty level.
    >
    >On a scale of 1 to 20, if MOS Master is at scale #2, what
    >scale would it be for:
    >MCSD ?
    >MCSE ?
    >MCSA ?
    >MCDBA ?
    >
    >Thanks.
    >.

    If you have been using Word for a long time, brushing up
    on the skills to pass the MOS Expert Word exam may only
    take a weekend.

    On the other hand, I would suggest passing the Windows
    2000 Professional exam 70-210 or the Server exam 70-215
    for an experienced Windows Tech after just one weekend of
    study was a very big ask. The other exams are even more
    difficult by comparison; mostly requiring around 50-200
    hours of study, depending on your exisitng skill set and
    ability to grasp new technology concepts.

    My opinion; all of the MOS exams are a breeze by
    comparison.

    MCSD and MCDBA are probably going to be the more difficult
    certs for someone with no experience with those specific
    topics.
    Marko, Sep 20, 2003
  4. I disagree - an experienced tech should easily be able to pass 210 or 215
    after one weekend of study (I did them both after reading the MSPress
    Enterprise Learning library for 3 to 4 hours per exam). If you work with the
    product every day the only studying that should be required is to cover the
    aspects of the subject which you don't implement in your work evironment
    (e.g. VPN's) and to also to get an understanding of MS's "way" things are
    supposed to work.

    50 - 200 hours for the other exams??? For an experienced Windows tech? Nah.
    Much quicker than that.

    The key here is "experience", if you work with the products then studying is
    more like revising.

    Brendon

    Brendon Rogers, Sep 20, 2003