    Alasdair Baxter, Nottingham, UK.Tel +44 115 9705100; Fax +44 115 9423263

    "It's not what you say that matters but how you say it.
    It's not what you do that matters but how you do it"
    Alasdair Baxter, Dec 6, 2004

  2. Alasdair Baxter

    samuel Guest

    Alasdair Baxter <> wrote in
    news::

    > I visit a particular website which has a chat room facilty.
    > When I double click on "chat", I get a message in the bottom
    > left hand corner of my IE screen saying "Applet Java User
    > notinited". Later it changes to "Loading Java Applet Failed".
    >
    > What can I do about this please?

    install java ?

    www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
    samuel, Dec 6, 2004

  3. Alasdair Baxter

    Richard Guest

    Alasdair Baxter wrote:

    > I visit a particular website which has a chat room facilty. When I
    > double click on "chat", I get a message in the bottom left hand
    > corner of my IE screen saying "Applet Java User notinited". Later it
    > changes to "Loading Java Applet Failed".

    > What can I do about this please?
    > --

    Clean out your temp internet files and try again.
    Could also be a problem on the server end.
    Richard, Dec 6, 2004
  4. Alasdair Baxter

    Dan Guest

    Do you have any service packs installed? I remember the same type of problem
    once. Needed service pack one installed.

    Dan, Dec 7, 2004
  5. On Tue, 07 Dec 2004 04:50:28 GMT, "Dan" <>
    wrote:

    >Do you have any service packs installed? I remember the same type of problem
    >once. Needed service pack one installed.

    I run W2K and have all the service packs installed.

    Alasdair Baxter, Dec 9, 2004