    I want to know the differnces between all window platforms.

    pls tell me if any body knows

    Nagesh
    Nagesh, Jan 3, 2006

  2. Nagesh

    Old Gringo Guest

    On 3 Jan 2006 06:15:31 -0800, Nagesh wrote:

    > hi,
    >
    > I want to know the differnces between all window platforms.
    >
    > pls tell me if any body knows
    >
    > Nagesh

    Advancments in Techknology :)
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
    Old Gringo, Jan 3, 2006

  3. Nagesh

    Trax Guest

    Trax, Jan 3, 2006
  4. Nagesh

    gauloise Guest

    hello....happy............

    gauloise, Jan 4, 2006
  5. Nagesh

    PC Guest

    "Nagesh" <> wrote in message
    > hi,
    >

    > I want to know the differnces between all window platforms.

    If you are talking "Microsoft" Windows then there is a quick run down here :
    http://members.fortunecity.com/pcmuseum/windows.htm (Note it's a 'Lindows'
    promotional site.)

    If you are talking Windows as a 'Graphic User Interface" then where do you
    stop.
    i.e. MS Windows, Apple, Linux (KDE/Gnome) are obvious but then there are a
    whole host of 'Windowed' GUI's going back many years, eg Beos, Gem, Vision,
    Topview, OS/2, Geos ..............

    > pls tell me if any body knows

    er, knows 'what'?

    > Nagesh

    Paul.
    PC, Jan 4, 2006
  6. Nagesh

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>,
    Nagesh <> wrote:

    > hi,
    >

    > I want to know the differnces between all window platforms.

    There are thousands of differences, most of them technical.
    From what perspective are you asking?
    How it's used? How it looked? What hardware it needed to run on?

    And what is the information for? if you just wanted a statement of
    perspective, that would require a lot less work for most of us, and
    you'd get a lot of responses.

    Asking as you did, for all differences between all versions of Windows,
    is asking for ten thousand pages of listings and descriptions and
    explanations. I don't think you'll get it.
    Mitch, Jan 4, 2006
  7. Nagesh

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Nagesh" <> wrote in message
    > hi,
    >

    > I want to know the differnces between all window platforms.
    >
    > pls tell me if any body knows

    This is a homework assignment, isn't it.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Jan 4, 2006
  8. Nagesh

    Nagesh Guest

    er, knows 'what'?
    Obviously, incontext of first line. May be question is also not clearly
    pointed out. Any way thanks, u had given me the refernce link that
    gives me some idea. Actually it was my friend question. I could not
    answer him breifly. I thought there could be some differences which are
    important to be placed . If i know some differences then i would have
    been asked a specific point.

    thanks
    Nagesh
    Nagesh, Jan 4, 2006
  9. Nagesh

    Nagesh Guest

    No yarr. I just want to know few very important differneces.

    thanks
    Nagesh
    Nagesh, Jan 4, 2006
  10. Nagesh

    Nagesh Guest

    hi

    After i seen the reference link, then i realized that i should be mush
    specific about one point. Any way thanks yarr.

    Nagesh
    Nagesh, Jan 4, 2006
  11. Nagesh

    blueford Guest

    blueford, Jan 4, 2006
  12. Nagesh

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Nagesh" <> wrote in message
    > No yarr. I just want to know few very important differneces.

    They all run on x86 architecture, and they all have Solitaire and
    Minesweeper. Everything else is different. Apart from the old code.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Jan 4, 2006
  13. Nagesh

    Plato Guest

    Nagesh wrote:

    > I want to know the differnces between all window platforms.
    >
    > pls tell me if any body knows

    Ask your teacher.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jan 5, 2006
  14. Nagesh

    elaich Guest

    "Nagesh" <> wrote in news:1136297730.922638.226830
    @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > hi,
    >

    > I want to know the differnces between all window platforms.
    >
    > pls tell me if any body knows
    >
    > Nagesh

    Windows 9x was nothing more than an elaborately disguised GUI for MS-DOS.

    Windows NT was (is) a real 32 bit multitasking operating system, but in the
    early versions was disguised to look like Windows 3.1, so users wouldn't
    feel lost.
    elaich, Jan 5, 2006
  15. Nagesh

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On 4 Jan 2006 05:04:31 -0800, "Nagesh" <> wrote:

    >No yarr. I just want to know few very important differneces.

    I'm not aware of any differneces.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
    Barry OGrady, Jan 9, 2006
  16. Nagesh

    J-McC Guest

    Probably the major difference is the later versions eg XP need more
    RAM and really a pretty quick processor and a large hard disk as most
    later programs are sooo bloated.
    Also win95 does not support usb,
    win 98 se sort of does,
    win me does,
    win2000 did not initially support usb (I think)
    Win XP seems to be supported by most of the modern /latest printers,
    cameras, scanners etc.

    Jim McC

    J-McC, Jan 9, 2006