    try to shut down from task manager it waits on exploerer.exe until I end it
    manually then it'll shut down.
    anyone else have this prob?
    =?Utf-8?B?bWFjZ3l2b3I=?=, May 27, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?bWFjZ3l2b3I=?=

    Dennis Pack Guest

    At work we had a station with an Explorer.exe error and it was a hard drive
    going into self destruct.

    Dennis Pack, May 27, 2005

  3. I haven't seen it, but I'd be inclined to look for some sort of timeout
    issue, most likely in networking. Start, of course, by looking at the Event
    Logs.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 27, 2005
  4. Another good reason to check the event logs, check the system and
    application logs and see what happens right after boot. Note the time the
    machine comes up and cross reference that in the app logs. If you have
    anything you feel might need more information, post it here and I am sure
    people will help.
    Joseph Conway [MSFT], May 27, 2005
  5. checked event logs and it seems to be my cd-rw drive? say error bad sector
    or memory. strangly when i boot with a disc in the drive xp 64 boots fine,if
    i leave it empty i get this error.

    =?Utf-8?B?bWFjZ3l2b3I=?=, May 28, 2005
  6. The obvious things, of course. Check cabling. Try a different CD-RW drive in
    the machine, if you can. If you're running any 3rd party CD/DVD software, try
    uninstalling it.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 29, 2005