Different Signatures

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Mike the Kiwi, Jun 14, 2004.

  1. Hi, today's query concerns email signatures.

    I use Outlook Express and it allows me to create a short signature within the program or access a saved text file as a signature
    to any-or-all emails I send (e.g. the lengthy antispam message below).

    I use several different accounts on this computer and what I would like to know is there any email program that allows the user
    (i.e. me!) to configure a different email signature for each account/email address used??

    All help is appreciated
    Cheers
    Mike the Kiwi

    =============================

    By the way;

    Whenever you send or forward emails to GROUPS of people or INDIVIDUALS in your address book, please use the "Bcc:" address line
    instead of the "To:" address line as you can see I have just done!

    The Bcc: address line (Blank Carbon Copy) hides all recipients' email address(es) so they cannot be seen by anyone else, and if
    there are a bunch of email addresses already shown in the email, please delete them before you forward it to anyone else.

    Why do I ask this?? Because as you can plainly see, EVERYONE to whom you have sent email has also received everyone else's email
    address in the process. Even if you send 1 person an email, they could still forward that to someone else who forward's it on to
    50 more people, and so on.

    This is not good, because emails get sent on from emails, and emails from emails, to all places around the globe, then who knows
    how many Spammers or Hackers will end up with your, or my, email address as a freebie in their email box??

    Like everyone else, I get way more than enough Spam, unsolicited email, viruses, etc, arriving on my computer on a daily basis.
    Too many resources are tied up globally with Spam and other junk on the Internet because it just clogs up the bandwidth and slows
    the whole Internet down. Spam is also known as UCE, or Unsolicited Commercial Email and I reckon we can all do our bit and try to
    eliminate it. In many countries spamming people is illegal with significant penalties for those who flout the laws.

    We may never get to the point where we have totally annihilated this extremely rude and illegal form of commercial advertising,
    but together we can give it a shot and put a dent in it!!

    I use the Bcc: address line always now, whenever I email groups or individuals, that way no-one who forwards emails from me can
    send other people's addresses along with it.

    If you don't know how to activate the Bcc: address line, just click "View" on the menu bar (top left) on the New Message Pane, and
    then click "All Headers".

    Cheers
    Mike

    P.S. Please excuse this if you already do use the Bcc: address line. You might like to copy the signature text below the line of
    ='s and add it to your own email signature for your own contacts to follow. Let's get rid of Spam and free up the bandwidth!!!

    For more information about stopping Spam, see http://www.cauce.org/

    @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @ @

    Mike the Kiwi, Jun 14, 2004

  2. Mike the Kiwi

    Thor Guest

    From the Outlook Express help file

    Notes
    a.. To use different signatures for different accounts, in the Signatures
    area, select the signature, click Advanced, and then select the account you
    want to use the signature with.
    b.. To use a signature on individual messages only, make sure to clear Add
    signatures to all outgoing messages. When you compose the message, on the
    Insert menu, point to Signatures, and then click the signature you want to
    use.

    Thor, Jun 14, 2004